New 1877 Members Only Supporters Club

Would the bar also be open when other games like Scotland U21 are played at the ground and will it have Sky Sports and BT ? At £170 for the 1st year, that would work out at around £8 per game which if you have 4 pints would be like paying £5 a pint shock1.gif

Would the bar also be open when other games like Scotland U21 are played at the ground and will it have Sky Sports and BT ? At £170 for the 1st year, that would work out at around £8 per game which if you have 4 pints would be like paying £5 a pint shock1.gif

Depends on the cost of a pint in there, anyone know the bar prices ?

Presumably only 1877 club members could get access at any game played there ?

Depends on the cost of a pint in there, anyone know the bar prices ?

Presumably only 1877 club members could get access at any game played there ?

Guess it would be just over the £3 mark. If it was open for other games I would expect it would be for 1877 members only since it is basically a private club.

Looks impressive but still have doubts about the business plan of it. Hope it works out well for all involved after the hard work to get it done.

I do believe (my opinion) that it may struggle to make money after initial novelty value wears off and can see it become an open bar in the future. Something along the lines of having the option to pay £25 or so on top of ST or £25 membership for non ST may work in the future.

Anyway well done to all involved.

To think the privilege of buying a pint before the match was putting an extra £170 (before the cost of the pint!) on this seasons season ticket was too much for the vast majority of potential customers.

It should be opened up to the support otherwise it will fast become a loss maker.

Do the founding members get any rebate or dividend payment if the club hire it out for functions or have these supporters effectively paid for a facility that the club will milk but the members pay to maintain?

Looks impressive but still have doubts about the business plan of it. Hope it works out well for all involved after the hard work to get it done.

I do believe (my opinion) that it may struggle to make money after initial novelty value wears off and can see it become an open bar in the future. Something along the lines of having the option to pay £25 or so on top of ST or £25 membership for non ST may work in the future.

Anyway well done to all involved.

Unfortunately it is a pay over the odds club, it has been financed by the club using yours and every paying punters money. My fear is that it will lose money but still be kept open and be a burden on club finances.

If the fans council were truly there to form a bridge between fans and club and represent the the wishes of fans, then the we would all have had the chance to vote on whether we wanted our season ticket or pay at the gate money to be used for this venture, we were not asked, it was decided by 20 fans council members that they would open it and gladly take money from our club whilst the youth academy have to put out the begging bowl to get equipment and employees of the club have lost their jobs due to cutbacks.

To think the privilege of buying a pint before the match was putting an extra £170 (before the cost of the pint!) on this seasons season ticket was too much for the vast majority of potential customers.

It should be opened up to the support otherwise it will fast become a loss maker.

Do the founding members get any rebate or dividend payment if the club hire it out for functions or have these supporters effectively paid for a facility that the club will milk but the members pay to maintain?

The founding members get their name up on the wall and have to pay £10 a month forever to keep their membership, they have quite literally been ripped off, but surprisingly would not see it as that. We, the non-members of this club who pay to watch games have had our money used to fund it without so much as a by-your-leave.

Whether it makes money or not, the members will never get any rebate, and we will continue to have our money used to subsidize it if it doesn't turn a profit. I would fully expect that it will be included in the annual financial report as "other losses" and we will not be told whether it made profit or not, despite it being our money that made it possible.

Can i ask why the new 1877 club which has been opened using gate money paid by all fans only be accessed by a very small minority of those who have had their money used for it ?
Can i assume that the members of this club will - over time - have to pay back the other fans money, since other fans will not be allowed access to this club.

This is the email i have sent to [email protected] i will of course inform of any reply i get, but would urge others who feel the same to also contact the club and make their feelings known.

Can i ask why the new 1877 club which has been opened using gate money paid by all fans only be accessed by a very small minority of those who have had their money used for it ?

Can i assume that the members of this club will - over time - have to pay back the other fans money, since other fans will not be allowed access to this club.

This is the email i have sent to [email protected] i will of course inform of any reply i get, but would urge others who feel the same to also contact the club and make their feelings known.

Can't see Tony f answering that one bud!

What I don't understand is that the fans council collectively stated that the club was providing the majority of funding but then a fans council member was adamant the club was paying nothing and it was down to the support to meet the cost.

Smoke and mirrors and put me right off.

Will be interesting to see how it does, I would imagine the members will make this work in the first year but if, as you say, the fans council actually represent the fans then they will have to listen to us at some point.

I take it the actual fans have no say who sits on the fans council.

The founding members get their name up on the wall and have to pay £10 a month forever to keep their membership, they have quite literally been ripped off, but surprisingly would not see it as that. We, the non-members of this club who pay to watch games have had our money used to fund it without so much as a by-your-leave.

Whether it makes money or not, the members will never get any rebate, and we will continue to have our money used to subsidize it if it doesn't turn a profit. I would fully expect that it will be included in the annual financial report as "other losses" and we will not be told whether it made profit or not, despite it being our money that made it possible.

The purchase of a season ticket entitles you to entry to X games, not have an entitlement to deciding how club money is spent.

I've subscribed to the bar, not because I'll use it {I live in London} but because I've bought into the idea of it. I fully expect the entry criteria &/or membership criteria to change at sometime in the future. I'll support whatever change necessary to keep the bar open.

The more that can use & do use it, the better.

I wouldn't say I've been "ripped off. I got told the cost {as did everyone else} and I decided I'd pay that cost.

The purchase of a season ticket entitles you to entry to X games, not have an entitlement to deciding how club money is spent.

I've subscribed to the bar, not because I'll use it {I live in London} but because I've bought into the idea of it. I fully expect the entry criteria &/or membership criteria to change at sometime in the future. I'll support whatever change necessary to keep the bar open.

The more that can use & do use it, the better.

I wouldn't say I've been "ripped off. I got told the cost {as did everyone else} and I decided I'd pay that cost.

I respect your reasons for getting involved and everyone else who have the disposable income to pay into it but you are just one example how imo it will fail.

How many other members are paying into this but will not use it. The fans council will be depending on members not only paying their tenner but also spending their money within it.

Meanwhile the fans that attend every week will still be spending their money in Paisley pre-match when that money could easily be going to the club.

The& more that can use do use it, the better.

I would expect that my purchase of a season ticket or even if i was a pay at the gate fan, to allow me access to facilities if i so wished.

The bit highlighted in bold is flawed in that there is a limit on who can use the facility that we have all paid for.

Can't see Tony f answering that one bud!

What I don't understand is that the fans council collectively stated that the club was providing the majority of funding but then a fans council member was adamant the club was paying nothing and it was down to the support to meet the cost.

Smoke and mirrors and put me right off.

Will be interesting to see how it does, I would imagine the members will make this work in the first year but if, as you say, the fans council actually represent the fans then they will have to listen to us at some point.

I take it the actual fans have no say who sits on the fans council.

That fan also stated that the cost was £50k, and that means with the £10k that was donated by members of the 1877 club (and hailed as a great gesture by them) that we will have collectively spent £40k to allow 200 or so people to have a bar.

Edited by buddiecat

I'm a bit confused by all this. The club has also kitted out a facility for corporate guests, where even season ticket holders have to pay to use the facility. Should I be outraged at the club putting my season ticket money towards a facility that I'll never use?

Also the corporate lounge was costed and fitted during the build of the stadium. That was tescos money, not your season ticket money.

I'm a bit confused by all this. The club has also kitted out a facility for corporate guests, where even season ticket holders have to pay to use the facility. Should I be outraged at the club putting my season ticket money towards a facility that I'll never use?

That's an easy one to answer, the corporate hospitality area was kitted out when the stadium was built - using money paid by Tesco, the void that has now become a bar was a void that needed to be kitted out for the bar to open, and was paid for by every single person who pays into games at Greenhill road.

And the corporate hospitality suite has to make profit and work to a budget, would be interesting to know if the 1877 pub has a budget and a profit target that it needs to achieve.

Edited by buddiecat