This Seasons Captain

By the letter of the law, its none or both. The mood of wankbag refs, shouldn't come into the debate, Poz

Referees are human. Even Willie Collum. Sometimes in games they do not do everything by the letter of the law. Sometimes they pull a player or players aside and have a quiet word. Especially in big finals etc when they don't want to be the man to send someone off in a showpiece game.

We call it 'showing a bit of common sense'. That was a penalty all day long.

What about Jim Goodwin in the semi v Celtic? Why did the ref give them a penalty but not send Jim off?

It is a great piece of photography/video. Does the camera run throughout the game or operated only when action in that half of the goal?

For me it's a penalty and a yellow regardless of rules. Not convinced it is arm to ball but the arm is not next to his body and clearly stops it going in. I thought he headered it though and that was from the south stand. Difficult job being a referee and not one I envy.

Kind of adds further weight to Thommo not being done regardless of standard of opposition. Time for character assassination to stop.

Cameron running away slapping his forehead is a bit more ridiculous now...perhaps another yellow for that! From a Berwick Rangers perspective well played that man though...

Edited by Bart Simpson

Ffs mate. What is him being a shite defender got to do with it being deliberate?

Everything. It's got absolutely everything to do with it, he defended badly, made a mistake, his hand ended up in the place his body should have been and instead of clearing it with his body, did so with his elbow. The fact that you don't seem to grasp that slightly worries me and makes me wonder why I'm even bothering to debate it.

Everything. It's got absolutely everything to do with it, he defended badly, made a mistake, his hand ended up in the place his body should have been and instead of clearing it with his body, did so with his elbow. The fact that you don't seem to grasp that slightly worries me and makes me wonder why I'm even bothering to debate it.

But his hand was meant to be on the post

Wasn't deliberate. Hit his body first then went onto his arm. Do u fink it was??

Unfortunately for us and Jim I think it was. I also think, in that split second they have, the referee, as a human with human reactions to things, deemed it a handball but not a clear blatant attempt - as in a defender on the goal line diving like a goalie to perform a save, so decided not to send him off.

Thompson can't possibly be the captain all season, the guy is a legend but it's asking a lot for him to play a full 90 minutes so it would be better having someone else who will be on the park for the majority of the game. I always prefer a defender or midfielder as captain because they are in amongst the action more.

Thompson can't possibly be the captain all season, the guy is a legend but it's asking a lot for him to play a full 90 minutes so it would be better having someone else who will be on the park for the majority of the game. I always prefer a defender or midfielder as captain because they are in amongst the action more.

That's why u have vice captains

Good post.

Some people have an agenda and won't let the facts get in the way of it.

Welcome to the forum.

Aye well, unfortunately a lot of people on here don't bother with facts. They only see what they want to see, read what they want to read and hear what they want to hear...

To be honest I can't believe that I don't have people agreeing with me, its clearly not a deliberate handball

I agree. It wasn't deliberate handball. It hits just above his elbow. If people on here think that just above their elbow is their hand, there must be a lot of inbred individuals on here...whistling.gif

No.

But he was told to do, so that makes it O.K. apparently.1eye.gif

Apparently, Murray's signing the dude below to cover more of the goal and it won't matter which arm/hand keeps it out of the net, as he'll be told by the coach to get as close to the post/bar as possible.

shiva-statue-2.jpg

Ah, the behaviour of a man who knows he has been beaten - resorting to the use of religious images in a Sectarian/Nazi-esque rant...whistling.gif