Stadium Name Change?

MarkL

Seems wee Brian Lawson is against Saints getting any money from the council ( he's the SNP leader on the council ).

You mean this Brian Lawson? http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/13235103.Council_could_buddie_up_to_help_buy_Saints__shares/

You could say that particular idea went up in smoke...

Edited by Stu

It's the local taxpayer's choice.

London is not paying for this one.

Are you now condemning democratic choice?

I don't believe the local council held a referendum on this one. Perhaps I'm wrong - maybe someone from Paisley could confirm. From what I've seen online many Paisley residents are unhappy at the council for wasting this money.

I don't believe the local council held a referendum on this one. Perhaps I'm wrong - maybe someone from Paisley could confirm. From what I've seen online many Paisley residents are unhappy at the council for wasting this money.

Judging by the way they carry out work on their housing stock, I would say that's a bigger waste of money.

Ah you've been looking at Facebook, where everything is true - as evidenced by the front page of today's PDE.

This must be the first time where a public body has given cash to a business and it's the business getting stick for accepting it, rather than the local authority for wasting money.

Given how wound up and foaming at the mouth it's got the forum's equivalent of Richard Littlejohn, this £60k is looking more and more of a bargain every day.

Ah you've been looking at Facebook, where everything is true - as evidenced by the front page of today's PDE.

This must be the first time where a public body has given cash to a business and it's the business getting stick for accepting it, rather than the local authority for wasting money.

Given how wound up and foaming at the mouth it's got the forum's equivalent of Richard Littlejohn, this £60k is looking more and more of a bargain every day.

Says the man from that Paisley suburb of Dumfries. :rolleyes:

How would you feel if it was your local authority pissing away money on Queen of the South?

Says the man from that Paisley suburb of Dumfries. rolleyes.gif

How would you feel if it was your local authority pissing away money on Queen of the South?

Says the man from that Paisley suburb of Lanarkshire rolleyes.gif

Dumfries and Galloway Council has already wasted far more than £60k on far more ridiculous things than the local football club. Personally, I have issues with the likes of councils or governments giving money directly to football clubs or big festivals like TITP, however the fault for me lies with the public body and not the company gratefully accepting whatever someone is stupid enough to throw their way.

But please, do continue misdirecting your latest foaming at the mouth meltdown as you approach your 10,000th post on a forum about a football club you apparently don't support as it is providing me with a great deal of amusement during a boring day at work.

Edited by Stu

Says the man from that Paisley suburb of Lanarkshire rolleyes.gif

Dumfries and Galloway Council has already wasted far more than £60k on far more ridiculous things than the local football club. Personally, I have issues with the likes of councils or governments giving money directly to football clubs or big festivals like TITP, however the fault for me lies with the public body and not the company gratefully accepting whatever someone is stupid enough to throw their way.

But please, do continue misdirecting your latest foaming at the mouth meltdown as you approach your 10,000th post on a forum about a football club you apparently don't support as it is providing me with a great deal of amusement during a boring day at work.

I'm perfectly calm Stu....as ever. I agree it's the local council that should be in the firing line for wasting money, but I also think St Mirren are missing a trick by not showing their community credentials and either handing the money back, or donating the money to worthy community projects. If Paisley wins the bid the club will benefit anyway, this is just another grubby grab at taxpayers money

I blame Cheesy's dad.......if only the BoD had listened to you all those years ago to your business ideas they would not be in this mess.

How do you know that this money is not going to be used on St Mirren in the Community projects?

For all you know the club have an agreement with the council to do more sporting activities. There are some great community projects that the club are directly involved with where they support groups with disabilities, mental health issues, weight clubs, etc.

Well perhaps SGG would like to come on here and provide some clarity then as to how the taxpayers cash will be spent. Surely he wouldn't want to miss the opportunity for a bit of positive PR after the few years he's just had.

Top class!

If it bothers you that much why don't you phone or email him?

It doesn't bother me that much. However if what you've said is correct he has a simple and easy way to get some positive PR for himself and for the club by simply confirming it. He uses this site so it would only take him seconds to confirm it. I certainly hope you are right and that all £66,000 - as that appears to be the actual figure - is going directly to community projects.

Both organisations benefit through this, don't see a down side, Paisley wins both ways. The amount of publicity this has had couldn't be bought for £66 thousand pounds. one town one team PAISLEY

I see a short term upside for St Mirren, but no benefit to the people of Paisley (unless of course Slash is right and all the money is being used for the community projects)

If by publicity you mean outrage then your wrong. If the council had given me the £66,000 instead it would have outraged council tax payers and St Mirren fans alike. :rolleyes:

I see a short term upside for St Mirren, but no benefit to the people of Paisley (unless of course Slash is right and all the money is being used for the community projects)

If by publicity you mean outrage then your wrong. If the council had given me the £66,000 instead it would have outraged council tax payers and St Mirren fans alike. :rolleyes:

What part of 'this is UKCC bid money' do you not understand, if we are successful then how can that possibly be regarded as no benefit to the people of paisley? The status and the events that will take place will give the town a huge boost!

If Paisley wins city of culture, £66,000 will be a drop in the ocean, even being in the running will boost the towns profile,that will bring Paisleys name Britain wide. And you are criticising something you admit you know nothing about. Stewart Gilmour, I'm sure he has better things to do than talk to you.