Scottish Independence Model Is Dead

Stuart Dickson

£35,459 on renting a f**king helicopter? And her goal is to end child poverty too....:rolleyes:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/nicola-sturgeon-spent-35k-helicopter-7214370#r5mrlf96wiTdt0qC.97

To be fair this is a miniscule amount of money as far as political elections is concerned and unless I am mistaken it wasnt funded by the tax payer.

Surprisingly this sounds like another non story

To be fair this is a miniscule amount of money as far as political elections is concerned and unless I am mistaken it wasnt funded by the tax payer.

That is true Oaksoft I'll grant you that. However it does put into sharp focus the financial ability of the people running the campaign. I did a quick search on Google last night and very quickly found a number of similar second hand helicopters that cost a great deal less to BUY than this one had cost to rent out for a couple of weeks. Had it been purchased, it could have been sold when the campaign ended but then it shouldn't surprise anyone that the SNP are poor with money.

Guest TPAFKATS

That is true Oaksoft I'll grant you that. However it does put into sharp focus the financial ability of the people running the campaign. I did a quick search on Google last night and very quickly found a number of similar second hand helicopters that cost a great deal less to BUY than this one had cost to rent out for a couple of weeks. Had it been purchased, it could have been sold when the campaign ended but then it shouldn't surprise anyone that the SNP are poor with money.

You've managed a post that's even more embarrassing than your pish about the Raith game being postponed. I didn't think you'd manage it, esp so quickly.

Well done the flaccid strap-on!

Guest TPAFKATS

The story as such is about how much the different political parties spent on the campaign. Theres a wee comparison where the bring it down to cost per vote, that shows the snp were lowest compared to tories, labour and lib dem.

Obviously that doesn't suit the agenda of the Record, so instead they lead on sturgeon had a helicopter for a fortnight.

Only f**kwits believe the Record.

The story as such is about how much the different political parties spent on the campaign. Theres a wee comparison where the bring it down to cost per vote, that shows the snp were lowest compared to tories, labour and lib dem.

Obviously that doesn't suit the agenda of the Record, so instead they lead on sturgeon had a helicopter for a fortnight.

Only f**kwits believe the Record.

f**kwits like Jim Sillars?

From the Daily Record website today -

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/jim-sillars-believe-independence-believe-7232528#l9uWXdKLOHiVc7R5.97

Sillars won't be giving the SNP both his votes at the Holyrood elections.

Dunno. Have the Tories put ending poverty at the top of their election pledges? Did I miss that?

They did, however, "promise to keep our economy secure by running a surplus so that we start paying down our debts".

Have a look at this and tell me how they have performed! Is austerity working? www.nationaldebtclock.co.uk

Edited by smcc

Guest TPAFKATS

f**kwits like Jim Sillars?

From the Daily Record website today -

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/jim-sillars-believe-independence-believe-7232528#l9uWXdKLOHiVc7R5.97

Sillars won't be giving the SNP both his votes at the Holyrood elections.

Only f**kwits would think Jim would give snp both his votes.

Labour are in such dire straits that the record need to run stories like this to try and get people not to vote snp in order to shore up the labour list vote.

They did, however, "promise to keep our economy secure by running a surplus so that we start paying down our debts".

Have a look at this and tell me how they have performed! Is austerity working? www.nationaldebtclock.co.uk

I've already stated that had I had my way I would have scrapped all welfare payments, scrapped the NHS completely and scrapped state funded education. I would then have sold off or rented out all of our state owned schools and hospitals. This would have very quickly have turned any deficit into a surplus and eradicated at least the vast majority of our national debt, more likely all of it putting the country firmly in the black. I would then continue to collect the same revenue for those three outgoings through the current tax arrangements and I would distribute the money in the form of an annual universal benefit allowing parents to purchase private education for their children, and allowing individuals to pay for their own private healthcare.

Unfortunately too many people in this country aren't concerned about debt repayments and surpluses. We can see that from the SNP mantra that they would ignore all warnings to the contrary and they would have increased borrowing substantially

Unfortunately too many people in this country aren't concerned about debt repayments and surpluses. We can see that from the SNP mantra that they would ignore all warnings to the contrary and they would have increased borrowing substantially

It appears that the Tory party feels the same.

I've already stated that had I had my way I would have scrapped all welfare payments, scrapped the NHS completely and scrapped state funded education. I would then have sold off or rented out all of our state owned schools and hospitals. This would have very quickly have turned any deficit into a surplus and eradicated at least the vast majority of our national debt, more likely all of it putting the country firmly in the black. I would then continue to collect the same revenue for those three outgoings through the current tax arrangements and I would distribute the money in the form of an annual universal benefit allowing parents to purchase private education for their children, and allowing individuals to pay for their own private healthcare.

Show one example of a country which has done what you are suggesting.

It appears that the Tory party feels the same.

Possibly. It does seem bizarre though that the people who complain most about the Conservatives ability to reduce the deficit all vote for parties who pledge to increase borrowing by massive amounts.

I'm reasonably happy with the way George Osbourne has handled the economy. He could have done much more to eliminate the deficit of course but the good news is that our interest rates are still incredibly low, more people are in work than ever before, wage rises outstrip inflation year after year and the economy continues to grow at one of the fastest rates across the whole of Europe and all of this continues to happen whilst we enjoy the benefits of cheaper petrol and diesel without the devastation that we would all have suffered had we become an independent country. Can you imagine the apocalyptic f**ked up mess we'd be in had the SNP implemented it's ill construed White Paper, or if Gordon Brown had been left for another 5 years riding his shipwreck? No? Well thank f**k you don't have to.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

If there is one thing guaranteed when coming onto this forum it's sure your going to come across a load of old bollocks. Would understand if you were Lord Stuart of Lanarkshire a multi millionaire who made his wealth from his parents heritance , being privately educated after which you got a seat in Perthshire as a Tory MP. In other words a true Tory who has no experience of reality of ( real ) life.

Your not , your a f**kin pipe fitter who's roots were firmly placed in a council estate when growing up.

Hilarious.

Just one single country Stuart.

One country which has adopted your grand plan.

I'll accept any country in the world.

Pick your continent.

Any era in history.

I'll even accept shreds of tenuous evidence to suggest any of your ideas have been proven to work.

Edited by oaksoft

Possibly. It does seem bizarre though that the people who complain most about the Conservatives ability to reduce the deficit all vote for parties who pledge to increase borrowing by massive amounts. How do you know who voted for which party or even if they voted?

I'm reasonably happy with the way George Osbourne has handled the economy. He could have done much more to eliminate the deficit of course but the good news is that our interest rates are still incredibly low (as they are all over the world), more people are in work than ever before(Yes, but what kind of jobs, and what about zero hours contracts and part-time working?), wage rises outstrip inflation year after year(Where did you get these figures?) and the economy continues to grow at one of the fastest rates across the whole of Europe and all of this continues to happen whilst we enjoy the benefits of cheaper petrol and diesel without the devastation that we would all have suffered had we become an independent country. Can you imagine the apocalyptic f**ked up mess we'd be in had the SNP implemented it's ill construed White Paper, or if Gordon Brown had been left for another 5 years riding his shipwreck? No? Well thank f**k you don't have to.

The figures are pretty clear. Last year in the UK non state pension related welfare cost us all £111.1Bn, Healthcare cost £134.1Bn and Education cost £84.3Bn. Interest repayments on our National Debt cost £46.1Bn. Our annual budget deficit is forecast for 2016 to be £69.5Bn.

Assuming we sold all of the state owned property - all the hospitals, all of the schools, and all of the residential properties owned in each of those sectors - to the new private suppliers market we'd be creating its quite clear we'd eradicate the National Debt at a stroke. Lets make an assumption that covering the National Debt is all that we do and we don't make any surplus that we would make interest on and just work with the figures above our annual budget would now be in surplus by £305.2bn per annum. Distribute that money equally to every UK resident and it means £4,761 per person - paid regardless of age, employment status, health etc. If we assume that the average family has 2 parents and 2 children that would mean the average UK household being paid £19.045 per year BEFORE any employment income is factored into the equation.

Think about the family life cycle. You leave home to set up on your own, you're getting £4761 per annum. You don't need an education so all of that money can be saved for a time when you may need private healthcare treatment. Now you meet a lady you love and you move in together. Neither of you need an education so you're now saving £9,522 per annum for any healthcare needs you might have. You have children. The first child won't need education until they are 5 years old so for the next 5 years you are now saving £14,283 per annum and when you have a second child they also are not going to need an education until they turn 5 so now you're getting the full £19,045 per annum and you've still got nothing to spend it on.

A private education at one of our more modest establishments currently costs around £7,000 per annum. So even when both your kids are at school you are still going to have £5,045 available to provide for any health care needs. And when your children are grown up and have left home, you and your partner will continue to receive £9,522 per annum for the rest of your life. And because all of this is not absolute and is instead a percentage of the UK national budget based it's all going to be inflation proofed with proportionate increases occurring as wages increase.

You can go further too. I called this payment a UK Resident UK Citizen Dividend. In other words you only receive your payment if you are a UK citizen, immigrants would have to wait until they were awarded residency and citizenship before becoming entitled, and you could even factor in an element where the courts could withdraw your entitlement to your dividend as a punishment for any crimes that you commit - certainly your £4761 would be used to cover part of the cost of any custodial sentence if that was ever applied.

By moving everything into the private sector we;d be encouraging competition. Parents could choose education establishments based on affordability and on exam results. The best teachers would be in demand as schools would look to improve their education offerings and more importantly because parents are paying for the education themselves they'll take far more interest in it and demand better standards than they do currently.

I can't see any downside, but then of course from the age of 8 onwards I lived in a private estate in a four in a block house paid for by my wealthy electrician father.....rolleyes.gif

Edited to add: If you also scrap the state pension element of the welfare budget, and lets face it why wouldn't you, that would mean an extra £1,800 per annum per person.

Edited by Stuart Dickson