Scottish Independence Model Is Dead

Stuart Dickson

Guest TPAFKATS

RBS economists are predicting another crash similar to 2008, including a possible further slump in oil price. They also advise their investors to sell all stock, which will er lead to markets crashing.

Might explain why Osborne was sitting it last week and had to play down his previous plans and forecasts.

Bankers really are the masters of the universe!

Guest TPAFKATS

Oil is the new Andy Murray as Jaikey Burd refers to Scotland's Oil on Reporting Scotland. I wonder what the $ per barrel threshold is for it to become UK oil again?

Edited by TPAFKATS

Some of the smaller US shale gas companies have already went bust, a lot of the remaining ones are in trouble. At $16 a barrel almost all may go. If they do then there will be no oil glut and prices will start to rise again, probably pretty quickly.

The Iranians have increased production to piss certain people off and so as not to be out done, the Saudis are flooding the market with their high production thus depressing the price. The price at the pumps is far higher than it should be. .

Edited by saintnextlifetime

The industry is coming to an end. A blind man can see it.

We're seeing a massive increase in shale gas and renewables which is making traditional oil and gas obsolete.

Electric cars are already here and in a few short years time they will replace petrol and diesel cars.

While we sit, fret, bicker and score ludicrous points over oil prices and short term protectionism, yet again the Americans, the Japanese, the Chinese, the Germans etc are getting on with turning their long term research and development (which we don't invest in because our country is run by Dickson types who can't see beyond the next month) into viable alternative products leaving us yet again in the back seat of technological advancement and utterly dependent on other countries.

There is an inevitability to all this.

It's over. And a good thing too.

Apparently 75% of our economy is in the service sector.

That can't be right can it?

That's fucking embarrassing.

Some of the smaller US shale gas companies have already went bust, a lot of the remaining ones are in trouble. At $16 a barrel almost all may go. If they do then there will be no oil glut and prices will start to rise again, probably pretty quickly.

And then the small shale outfits start up again and the cycle starts afresh.There's an absolute abundance of oil and gas. The NS is ending. It will bring out out existing wells more than likely as there's no point in not pumping but the price of oil isnt going back up to where it was for many years by the look of it and that pretty much sees the end of our oil sector. Like our coal, there's plenty down there, its good stuff, but its uneconomical to bring it out.

A far cry from the oil boom Salmond was peddling a month before the referendum. And while some people were scolded for being "scaremongerers" for pointing out he was talking shite, it looks like those people are owed an apology.

Its pretty important that the SG now sets about ridding us of our reliance on the public sector for employment and GDP growth and gets Scotland more entrepreneurial. I'd like to see what their plans are for moving us forward. Its vital they do. If Scotland is to be able to stand on its own two feet then it needs to have a balanced economy. It would be helpful if we had politicians that have actually understood how difficult it is to turn a profit.

And then the small shale outfits start up again and the cycle starts afresh.There's an absolute abundance of oil and gas. The NS is ending. It will bring out out existing wells more than likely as there's no point in not pumping but the price of oil isnt going back up to where it was for many years by the look of it and that pretty much sees the end of our oil sector. Like our coal, there's plenty down there, its good stuff, but its uneconomical to bring it out.

A far cry from the oil boom Salmond was peddling a month before the referendum. And while some people were scolded for being "scaremongerers" for pointing out he was talking shite, it looks like those people are owed an apology.

Its pretty important that the SG now sets about ridding us of our reliance on the public sector for employment and GDP growth and gets Scotland more entrepreneurial. I'd like to see what their plans are for moving us forward. Its vital they do. If Scotland is to be able to stand on its own two feet then it needs to have a balanced economy. It would be helpful if we had politicians that have actually understood how difficult it is to turn a profit.

Captain Barking is back.

Never mind oil and gas, tell us when this Nuclear Fusion stuff is getting rolled out?

Edited by oaksoft

Captain Barking is back.

Never mind oil and gas, tell us when this Nuclear Fusion stuff is getting rolled out?

I don't know. Why?

Lets keep it on oil and gas just now. Of which there is an absolute abundance and which means there's no pressure to rush into utter follies like windmills and crap like that. Time is very much on our side to actually come up with carbon free stuff that works. The link I sent you, and which you are still whining about , shows that its being worked on.

Just enjoy some cheap energy for once you sad c**t.

I don't know. Why?

Lets keep it on oil and gas just now. Of which there is an absolute abundance and which means there's no pressure to rush into utter follies like windmills and crap like that. Time is very much on our side to actually come up with carbon free stuff that works. The link I sent you, and which you are still whining about , shows that its being worked on.

Just enjoy some cheap energy for once you sad c**t.

Firstly I am perfectly happy with cheaper petrol right now.

Secondly, how the f**k would you possibly know how much time we have to develop carbon free alternatives?

What is in your background that makes you qualified to understand any of the science involved?

Firstly I am perfectly happy with cheaper petrol right now.

Secondly, how the f**k would you possibly know how much time we have to develop carbon free alternatives?

What is in your background that makes you qualified to understand any of the science involved?

After you were owned by Shull (ffs) on the subject of acid rain I think we can all disregard anything you've got to say on science. :lol: Edited by nosferatu

Guest TPAFKATS

This oil boom?

post-536-14527051496685_thumb.jpg