Am I Just An Old Cynic ? League Reconstruction

It deeply disturbs me that there seems to be growing lobby for a 16 team (which I am in favour of btw) We all remember when Aberdeen were saved by changing to a 12 team league.

well take a look at the top league now,surprise surprise,who's languishing at the bottom-- Yes another one of the evil cabal Dundee Utd.

Is this Just in case Rangers and Hibs don't go up.

All in the name of sporting integrity eh Mr Doncaster ,Mr Lawwell and the rest of the quislings

We surely need to move away from a position where we can't make a decision until we've considered whether or not it benefits the OF.

We need to move away from this type of negative pish TBH. It's irrelevant WHY things are changed and it's irrelevant who they are designed to help most.

The only important question is to ask whether this is something we like or not.

Forget Rangers, Celtic, Doncaster, Reagan, who may or may not be promoted this year, who previously didn't support this and now they are supporting it.....WGAS.

Do we actually want a 16 team league or not?

Simple as that.

I would like a 16 team league but I have to say in all honesty that the current setup is pretty good now we have playoffs. The split works well too.

Maybe something like a 12 team SPL and 2 lower divisions of 16 would work with 2 new teams admitted but the playoffs need to remain IMO.

16 team leagues or the current setup is fine by me.

The 8-8-8 pish needs stomped on the second it rears its ugly head.

Edited by oaksoft

16 team league with 30 games and playing each other twice will never ever happen.

And while fans say they would like it, the reality is that attendances and money paid at the gate is somewhat different (ie, what fans actually will turn out for and what they will actually pay).

Fans *say* they want a 16 team league.

What fans *really* want is a 10/12 team league and playing each other 3/4 times.

This 3 and 4 times a season ( min ) crap was the old self preservation shit that was thrown up by the provincial diddies that just held out for the fleecing of the travelling fans of the big two. Gate prices and no doubt pie prices went up as the short termist robbing bastards attempted to coin it in of a big match day.

The problem with Scottish football is that it is on its knees and has been for what seems like decades, it is motivated by short termist survivalist greed and administered by clowns that couldn't run a menage.

As for the future, I think there has been a culture shift away from match day attending and no matter what new formula is attached to a league and fixture list, there is just nothing that will bring the excitement and anticipation back to the Scottsih football arena................imo the game in Scotland in terms of being a progressive expansive set up with allure is utterly busted. Look around these attendee barren stadiums at Motherwell, Kilmarnock, ICT, Dundee, Ross county, The fakes ffs, gawd then we get to the three sided Hamilton ground ffs, a dog walker and two pensioners looking in, the Celtic stadium often half empty. That's before we drop into the past its sell by date bread and butter stuff that we are mired in.

The kids seem right up for the Barclays premier league and the Spanish and German game has quite a following. Here, hmm, I'm afraid its a Scottish cringe, well so says the cynic in me.

Merry Christmas, whose furra secret santa then santa2.gif

Edit to add, synthetic surfaces in the profesional game , oh ffs

This 3 and 4 times a season ( min ) crap was the old self preservation shit that was thrown up by the provincial diddies that just held out for the fleecing of the travelling fans of the big two. Gate prices and no doubt pie prices went up as the short termist robbing bastards attempted to coin it in of a big match day.

The problem with Scottish football is that it is on its knees and has been for what seems like decades, it is motivated by short termist survivalist greed and administered by clowns that couldn't run a menage.

As for the future, I think there has been a culture shift away from match day attending and no matter what new formula is attached to a league and fixture list, there is just nothing that will bring the excitement and anticipation back to the Scottsih football arena................imo the game in Scotland in terms of being a progressive expansive set up with allure is utterly busted. Look around these attendee barren stadiums at Motherwell, Kilmarnock, ICT, Dundee, Ross county, The fakes ffs, gawd then we get to the three sided Hamilton ground ffs, a dog walker and two pensioners looking in, the Celtic stadium often half empty. That's before we drop into the past its sell by date bread and butter stuff that we are mired in.

The kids seem right up for the Barclays premier league and the Spanish and German game has quite a following. Here, hmm, I'm afraid its a Scottish cringe, well so says the cynic in me.

Merry Christmas, whose furra secret santa then santa2.gif

Edit to add, synthetic surfaces in the profesional game , oh ffs

On the radio yesterday there was a discussion regarding the huge TV deal for English football. It was stated that, even for top games on Sky, the average viewing figures across the UK was under 2 million. Although the presentation is slick and the commentators salivate about the quality, the reality is that the viewing public is less than impressed. I doubt we will see deals like this again and the money down south will reduce in future

The 16 team league seems to be growing in popularity in football circles.Even the sevco manager likes it and agrees playing each other 4 times in the league is nonsense.The only problem is a 30 game season is not enough,how could we invent another 6 fixtures?

On the radio yesterday there was a discussion regarding the huge TV deal for English football. It was stated that, even for top games on Sky, the average viewing figures across the UK was under 2 million. Although the presentation is slick and the commentators salivate about the quality, the reality is that the viewing public is less than impressed. I doubt we will see deals like this again and the money down south will reduce in future

Agree it has to, its a bubble that just has to burst................eventually. What a mess the game will be there when that doomsday scenario unfolds.....

Presently though, its riding the crest of a wave stuff.

Chelsea seemingly, in part at least, got rid of Mourinho to avert any lingering threat to their top flight status. The potential loss of tv revenues was enough for them to think , sod it , fire him now, we'll cover his multi million pay off over the next few years. Just shows how much its worth for them to prop up these crazy deals in the first place. On Chelsea's books over the last year or two was some £20m+ covering other sackings / settlement costs for Rafa and Di matteo and Villas - Boas. Its crazy stuff and no other business would spunk money away as they do in the football business.

Sadly up here , we don't get any decent tv cash to spunk away for it even to look a bit good at first.........................

I give you Sportscene and its one eyed camera ffs 1eye.gif