Another Bankrupt Footballer......

Bud the Baker

This is not about schadenfreude but despite earning £30k per week at the peak of his career Duncan Ferguson has been declared bankrupt.

How do these guys do it, I mean there's only so much you can spend on booze, birds and fast cars or am I being a bit naïve?

Gambling is probably a big reason.

Another common reason might be a business deal which went bad.

Earning those sums of money you'd think they would keep SOMETHING back in case things don't work out but apparently common sense and huge earnings are not correlated.

It's another HMRC case so given that it actually happened in December it's probably to do with the decision to outlaw the film production tax dodge. Like a lot of others who were made bankrupt around this time by HMRC (like Darren Jackson) they are still awaiting the final outcome of the tax tribunal and if it goes against them they have a class action being prepared to sue the money grubbing scum - sorry financial advisers - who recommended this as a valid tax avoidance scheme.

Gambling is probably a big reason.

Another common reason might be a business deal which went bad.

Earning those sums of money you'd think they would keep SOMETHING back in case things don't work out but apparently common sense and huge earnings are not correlated.

business deal which went bad that's what my money is on as I am sure I read before he had pubs.

Clubs throw big money at young guys but don't give financial advice ( wait for a poster to jump down my throat ) As long as he has his health he lives to fight another day.

This is not about schadenfreude but despite earning £30k per week at the peak of his career Duncan Ferguson has been declared bankrupt.

How do these guys do it, I mean there's only so much you can spend on booze, birds and fast cars or am I being a bit naïve?

You have plenty of people who have your best interests when you are playing fitba

Once you stop playing these people disappear and you're on your own

Where else but football would generally under educated youths be able to earn so much money, coupled with scant working hours, meaning lots of free time to indulge themselves ?

Add in the normal pursuits of those with time on their hands (gambling, drinking,tattoos, avoiding further education etc etc) and falling into the hands of unscrupulous capitalists who are able to convince those used to easy money, how to invest "wisely" for the future.

Lol, I find it neverendingly hilarious to hear of such "tragedies"

As one used to a more aquatic lifestyle, perhaps the frog is not best placed to comment, but this seems to be an increasingly inevitable scenario for footballers.