Penny Pinching Bod?

I must confess to getting it wrong about the club having to ship out players before we could bring any in.

Anyway that leads me on to my main point, that the BoD far from being penny pinching have given the manager a decent bit of cash to spend in what must be difficult circumstances.

Edited by Bud the Baker

I must confess to getting it wrong about the club having to ship out players before we could bring any in.

Anyway that leads me on to my main point, that the BoD far from being penny pinching have given the manager a decent bit of cash to spend in what must be difficult circumstances.

I think you've given the thread the wrong title.

Window isn't shut yet, so still possibility of an exit or two. That said, yes, it has been a decent window so far.

Are Mclear, Conlan and Ridgers still here like?

That coupled with the saving on the CEO appointment.... C'mon?

Window isn't shut yet, so still possibility of an exit or two. That said, yes, it has been a decent window so far.

What I mean is despite still having paid off two management teams in the past two seasons and compo to Dumbarton the BoD have still found a bit of cash for Rae, jut like they did for Murray when he signed Webster & Shankland. Teale didn't really get the same support but that was more to the BoD dithering before confirming him as manager. Over the last decade as a whole I think this charge, one which is frequently brought against the BoD is unsustainable.

Are Mclear, Conlan and Ridgers still here like?

That coupled with the saving on the CEO appointment.... C'mon?

A youth player (McLear) one who was at Kilmarnock since September plus a couple of loanees returning to their clubs (Reid & Conlan) against Farrell. 3 first team signings plus 1 on loan - c'mon yersel.

What I mean is despite still having paid off two management teams in the past two seasons and compo to Dumbarton the BoD have still found a bit of cash for Rae, jut like they did for Murray when he signed Webster & Shankland. Teale didn't really get the same support but that was more to the BoD dithering before confirming him as manager. Over the last decade as a whole I think this charge, one which is frequently brought against the BoD is unsustainable.

A youth player (McLear) one who was at Kilmarnock since September plus a couple of loanees returning to their clubs (Reid & Conlan) against Farrell. 3 first team signings plus 1 on loan - c'mon yersel.

Every dept at the club has a budget set that is not increased, but they could have money clawed back. So it is unlikely Rae has been given more money, most likely he is using his experience and contacts to try and field a team worthy of the jerseys.

We startedvthe season with so many youth, loans etc.... That was where the money was cut to pay off the shambolic management appointments.

Penny Pinching is cool.

I agree but that's not an opinion that's universally held by posters on the site - it's frequently been used as a criticism of the BoD.

Every dept at the club has a budget set that is not increased, but they could have money clawed back. So it is unlikely Rae has been given more money, most likely he is using his experience and contacts to try and field a team worthy of the jerseys.

Well somehow the budgets have been juggled to let us sign four players in the last seven days.

We startedvthe season with so many youth, loans etc.... That was where the money was cut to pay off the shambolic management appointments.

Bad appointments not cheap appointments, that's my point - thanks for confirming it.

I agree but that's not an opinion that's universally held by posters on the site - it's frequently been used as a criticism of the BoD.

Well somehow the budgets have been juggled to let us sign four players in the last seven days.

Bad appointments not cheap appointments, that's my point - thanks for confirming it.

Reid and Conlan were on full wages, Ridgers was on probably an even better wage, plus the loans in/out.... I dont see any increase in budget here at all. But i do see a few weeks savings inbetwen players moving and new arrivals!

The club spends every single bit of spare cash every single season.

I doubt the BoD have dipped into their pockets to fund these signings and I doubt the club has borrowed money so I don't get the point of the thread.

BtB is usually one of the top posters on the forum so very disappointed to read this nonsense.

:P

Reid and Conlan were on full wages, Ridgers was on probably an even better wage, plus the loans in/out.... I dont see any increase in budget here at all. But i do see a few weeks savings inbetwen players moving and new arrivals!

I made the comment about shipping players out before more could come in after Reid / Conlan had returned to their clubs and Farrell had arrived - so can we put that behind us.

Looking at it from your perspective Ridgers hasn't been with the club since September (and may even have needed a payoff to leave) so as I've said we're looking at two first team players plus one youth in against 4 first team players plus an assistant manager coming in - if that's been done without any increase in budget then congratulations to all involved.

Off to bed now.

The club spends every single bit of spare cash every single season.

I doubt the BoD have dipped into their pockets to fund these signings and I doubt the club has borrowed money so I don't get the point of the thread.

BtB is usually one of the top posters on the forum so very disappointed to read this nonsense.

tongue.png

I wasn't meaning to suggest that the BoD had dipped into their own funds or borrowed money for these signings, more that they'd done an impressive feat of juggling once again to provide AR with a squad that should have no trouble in seeing out this season safely (famous last words)!

Yeh, the hundreds of thousands we make in profit each year and no requiremnt for short term directors loans backs this up......

I don't think you're getting BtB point here

It has been for our standards an impressive transfer window.

Even Murray brought in Langfield and Webster along with a few others

Teale got nowt and had our supply of goals moved from the team

I am getting the point.

The management know their budget at the start of the season. If they spunk it all in the summer then there's nothing left in January, unless players leave.

Are you saying that Murray wasn't given all his budget and or money was held back from Teale?

Looking at the accounts for previous seasons I'd find that hard to believe.

Edited by davidg

I am getting the point.

The management know their budget at the start of the season. If they spunk it all in the summer then there's nothing left in January, unless players leave.

Are you saying that Murray wasn't given all his budget and or money was held back from Teale?

Agreed

I think Murray stated in an interview in the summer that he would leave some space in the budget to bring in a player or two in January

I am getting the point.

I'm saying i don't think Teale was well supported as the other managers were and are

I'm saying i don't think Teale was well supported as the other managers were and are

Agreed but I think that was more to do with the BoD's dithering, waiting until a couple of days before the January window closed before upgrading him from caretaker status while stating that it was till the end of the season only sabotaged any chance he had to wheel&deal effectively.