New Training Ground?

The council report (long link to a PDF file): http://renfrewshire.cmis.uk.com/renfrewshire/Document.ashx?czJKcaeAi5tUFL1DTL2UE4zNRBcoShgo=ZRsxEDEgIQCO%2bW1Kz9w1UQEDS456kqIf7ECsIAxHr1F37JqgdPRsXQ%3d%3d&rUzwRPf%2bZ3zd4E7Ikn8Lyw%3d%3d=pwRE6AGJFLDNlh225F5QMaQWCtPHwdhUfCZ%2fLUQzgA2uL5jNRG4jdQ%3d%3d&mCTIbCubSFfXsDGW9IXnlg%3d%3d=hFflUdN3100%3d&kCx1AnS9%2fpWZQ40DXFvdEw%3d%3d=hFflUdN3100%3d&uJovDxwdjMPoYv%2bAJvYtyA%3d%3d=ctNJFf55vVA%3d&FgPlIEJYlotS%2bYGoBi5olA%3d%3d=NHdURQburHA%3d&d9Qjj0ag1Pd993jsyOJqFvmyB7X0CSQK=ctNJFf55vVA%3d&WGewmoAfeNR9xqBux0r1Q8Za60lavYmz=ctNJFf55vVA%3d&WGewmoAfeNQ16B2MHuCpMRKZMwaG1PaO=ctNJFf55vVA%3d

Article in the PDE where you can play a fun game of trying to guess which councillor's party is currently in charge of the local authority and which one isn't: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/14-million-vision-future-ferguslie-9795476

It seems there will be tennis courts and an indoor cycling track, although can't see them on the plans. I'm guessing the dome won't be needed anymore due to the indoor 3G, which is why it isn't on the plans. Getting rid of that and the pitches looks as if it will create more parking. I too thought the land across the road from the ground that is planned for pitches was owned by the club - maybe gifting this to the council is part of our contribution to the project. Similarly, if this goes ahead they may well get Ralston back before the lease was due to end.

All looks very nice but have a feeling folk whose houses will be getting knocked down may object. Wouldn't pay too much attention to the council claiming the consultation went well as local authorities and companies can twist consultation any way they want.

How much of this is new sports facilities for the town rather than just improving or replacing what is available elsewhere that will be used for something else? For example, I'm guessing with all these pitches there will no longer be football at the Racecourse.

Edited by Stu

1 minute ago, TsuMirren said:

Strange that the report doesn't include the noted appendix 2. You can easily see some of the tenants holding this up. 200+ demolished, 40 built.

I don't think tenants can hold it up.If the Cooncil tell them they're being rehoused then there's not much they can do about it.

Home  Owners,of which there are very few,could hold it up tho.I would hope that if it goes ahead they would be suitably compensated.

1 hour ago, TsuMirren said:

There was someone who used to go on about running tracks. Thingy...the soup kitchen guy...ach it'll come to me, can't be that important.

The chap you're referring to has cropped up on a forum not too far from here. If he's as box office as he seems to think he is I'm sure it'll breath new life into that message board, even though I thought he was banned from it.

Great in theory, wouldn't bother spending money on cycling with Emirates just up the road though

Are you part of the Council team looking at shopping in Paisley?

"Shops! With Braehead up the road? Just imagine them here."

It'll certainly save SMISA time if everyone just looks to Glasgow for any physical benefit.

Guest TPAFKATS

Are you part of the Council team looking at shopping in Paisley?

"Shops! With Braehead up the road? Just imagine them here."

It'll certainly save SMISA time if everyone just looks to Glasgow for any physical benefit.

No, I'm suggesting that Scotland doesn't have demand for a velodrome in Paisley and Glasgow.

1 hour ago, TsuMirren said:

Probably as well the Renfrewshire plan doesn't feature one then. Its just a wee track going by the artists impression.

The PDE article says there's an indoor track although I can't find it on the plans.

1 hour ago, cockles1987 said:

I cannie see it. I hope I'm not being wooshed emoji30.png

Top right corner of the artist's impression.

The drawings are just what it could look like, not what it definitely will be. Similarly, the council report says there's no guarantee all the facilities mentioned will be built - it's more like a wish list.

Guest TPAFKATS

Probably as well the Renfrewshire plan doesn't feature one then. Its just a wee track going by the artists impression.

So there was no need for your stroppy reply to my original post then?

Guest TPAFKATS

I dunno, I still think I'm right to call you out on Renfrewshire not bothering because Glasgow already has something.

You are misinterpreting my post.

As I said previously, there isn't a need for a velodrome in Paisley if there's already one in Glasgow. I didn't say what you infer.

As a fan of cycling and an occasional participant, I wish there was demand for velodrome across the country but the money should be used for other sports instead as there is a national centre a dozen miles up the road.

As for the artists impression appearing to show a track, as opposed to a velodrome that's an even bigger white elephant. Although I suppose it'll be useful for the cycling proficiency tests the weans do. Could even hire out bikes like they used to at Robertson Park in Renfrew?

Anyway there's a meeting of the cooncil committee on Wednesday, I'm sure all will be revealed...