Eu Referendum

Kendo

EU referendum   

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

57 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

I don't know what you were trying to prove there but thanks for backing up my assertions that I never said what you claimed. I'll take that as an admission that you were wrong.

Nonsense. It proved beyond all doubt that you'd made a complete c**t of yourself. And even when you finally did some research you were still getting it absolutely wrong. I feel sorry for you. E-

4 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

He claims that I've said something when I haven't. He quotes me saying one thing and claims I've said something else. He claims that my posts are in reply to posts that weren't made at the time as if I'm some sort of clairvoyant. He attempts to wriggle out of being proven wrong by claiming he wasn't talking about "that kind" of bond. He can't understand the basic concept of supply and demand. He attempts to change the subject when he realises that he has been found out. He tells blatant lies. He ...

Aye, basically you're right.

Edit: Or maybe it's because he's got me on ignore. That'll be why he isn't responding to any of my posts. :)

Oh FFS. I thought you'd got by that rather obvious tactic of accusing the other person of doing everything you've been doing. You were found out playing that game in 2014.

Do you know there should be a clue for you in the fact that only one of your cheerleaders is even remotely interested in sticking with you on this one - and it just so happens to be the one that is even more stupid than you. :rolleyes:

23 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I also see Nasty Nic has changed her tune on Brexit. She's no longer claiming Scotland can hold the UK in the EU or claiming that Scotland would be able to remain whilst the rest of the UK leaves. She's not even talking about Indy ref 2 anymore.

Instead, having clearly been handed her arse on a plate by Theresa May and by everyone in the EU, she last night claimed she was committed to taking a "team UK" approach to leaving the EU.

Isn't it nice when you see the loud class arsehole backtracking after a humiliating scolding.

Sorry for interceding in your failed attempt at being clever Stu but "Nic" is simply playing politics. She NEEDS to be seen to be doing everything before declaring it failed so she can return to the REAL objective of keeping our nation in the EU by other means. You're nearly as good with politics as you are with finances.

Guest TPAFKATS
Sorry for interceding in your failed attempt at being clever Stu but "Nic" is simply playing politics. She NEEDS to be seen to be doing everything before declaring it failed so she can return to the REAL objective of keeping our nation in the EU by other means. You're nearly as good with politics as you are with finances.

I thought this was obvious to anyone with even the slightest knowledge of politics. No matter what their party politics might be.

Oh wait...

• 3 weeks later...

I was at an event on Wednesday evening, and Michael Gove was the after dinner speaker. The atmosphere was... interesting...

He was jeered on the way in, and a combination of jeered and booed at the end. In between he was asked a number of awkward questions about the lies told during the leave campaign to which he gave stock answers to a crowd that made it clear they thought he was a nasty little liar (literally - somebody actually shouted out that he was a nasty little liar). Why on earth would he put himself in that position so soon after the referendum events? Was certainly entertaining right enough.

52 minutes ago, zurich_allan said:

I was at an event on Wednesday evening, and Michael Gove was the after dinner speaker. The atmosphere was... interesting...

He was jeered on the way in, and a combination of jeered and booed at the end. In between he was asked a number of awkward questions about the lies told during the leave campaign to which he gave stock answers to a crowd that made it clear they thought he was a nasty little liar (literally - somebody actually shouted out that he was a nasty little liar). Why on earth would he put himself in that position so soon after the referendum events? Was certainly entertaining right enough.

I'd agree with you. He should be keeping a low profile. But he wasn't the only nasty little liar. There were quite a few on the Remain side who claimed that Brexit would lead to World War 3, Armageddon, huge tax hikes, mass unemployment, and the end of the world as we know it. Strangely none of that has happened either. 

Edited by Stuart Dickson

I wonder what happened when Switzerland decided to opt out of Freedom of Movement in 2014. Maybe it's just that the UK is so powerful, so influential and so important that the EU will fall apart without us. :rolleyes: 

In another lie the SNP told us the EU would keep Scotland in. Oh how they've changed their story after Sturgeon got her arse handed to her in the European Parliament

7 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I wonder what happened when Switzerland decided to opt out of Freedom of Movement in 2014. Maybe it's just that the UK is so powerful, so influential and so important that the EU will fall apart without us. :rolleyes: 

In another lie the SNP told us the EU would keep Scotland in. Oh how they've changed their story after Sturgeon got her arse handed to her in the European Parliament

Talking about lies, what about the points based system for immigration that the remain camp led by Boris promised? Looks like that along with an additional 350 million a week extra the NHS would get was a whopper.

England is facing a strike by junior doctors who are using the phrase save our NHS. Has a familiar ring to it don't you think?

Talking about lies, what about the points based system for immigration that the remain camp led by Boris promised? Looks like that along with an additional 350 million a week extra the NHS would get was a whopper.

England is facing a strike by junior doctors who are using the phrase save our NHS. Has a familiar ring to it don't you think?

I voted remain. I'm more annoyed by the lies I was fed that made me vote that way. I'd be surprised if anyone believe the £350m a week for the NHS. That was very quickly ridiculed. Tax hikes weren't though nor the meltdown in the economy. None of it has happened at all

24 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I voted remain. I'm more annoyed by the lies I was fed that made me vote that way. I'd be surprised if anyone believe the £350m a week for the NHS. That was very quickly ridiculed. Tax hikes weren't though nor the meltdown in the economy. None of it has happened at all

That's cause we've still to leave. May has done a lot of back-pedalling re immigration and speed of Brexit. The only details she has released is Brexit means Brexit. I'm getting as fed up hearing this as the "lets take back control" patter the leave campaign spouted.

There's no plan and watch this space to see if and when we actually leave. 

2 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

How many times does it have to be explained to you that nothing much is happening yet because we havent started Brexit yet?

You are about a year or two early for this smug pish.

I particularly like Liam Fox's tirade against "fat and lazy" UK businesses who should stop looking for export "opportunities" and start considering exporting as a "duty". Fox has never run a business of his own AFAIK.

Where do they find these people?   :lol:

Edited by oaksoft

Guest TPAFKATS
I particularly like Liam Fox's tirade against "fat and lazy" UK businesses who should stop looking for export "opportunities" and start considering exporting as a "duty". Fox has never run a business of his own AFAIK.

Where do they find these people?  [emoji38]

It's the glass houses thing again.
Anyways, I thought Liam Fox liked his businessmen fat and lazy (allegedly)

Guest TPAFKATS

The EU have just appointed a Belgian MEP to lead negotiations whose saying that Scotland can stay in as well. Nicola met him along with a few others in Europe who were very receptive.

The EU have just appointed a Belgian MEP to lead negotiations whose saying that Scotland can stay in as well. Nicola met him along with a few others in Europe who were very receptive.

Receptive my arse. She was told in no uncertain terms that there was no prospect of part of the UK being allowed to stay while the rest leave. Germany, France, and Spain all made it perfectly clear.

2 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Receptive my arse. She was told in no uncertain terms that there was no prospect of part of the UK being allowed to stay while the rest leave. Germany, France, and Spain all made it perfectly clear.

I think I disagree.

after all, look at how many basket case countries are already in the eu. Was Greece a perfect financial fit when it joined? Are Romania, Bulgaria etc, exemplars of how a well run country needs present itself to be welcomed on board?

the eu will take anybody.  

Scotland wouldn't be knocked back, though I also think Scotland should be wary of the Groucho Marx/club membership aphorism...

I think I disagree.

after all, look at how many basket case countries are already in the eu. Was Greece a perfect financial fit when it joined? Are Romania, Bulgaria etc, exemplars of how a well run country needs present itself to be welcomed on board?

the eu will take anybody.  

Scotland wouldn't be knocked back, though I also think Scotland should be wary of the Groucho Marx/club membership aphorism...

They won't take Turkey apparently. I was reading last night that David Camerons claim it might take Turkey 1000 years to negotiate entry might not be all that ridiculous

WTF has turkey got in common with Scotland when it comes to EU membership?

Ur on a right good run of diddy posts this week dicko!

Antrin said they let any basket case in so why not Scotland. I've answered that the EU are apparently blocking Turkey joining - supposedly because of objections put forward by Cyprus. It was made clear to Sturgeon that Scotland won't be allowed to remain in the EU as part of the UK.