Wee Idea...

2 minutes ago, div said:

Aren't you a SMiSA member?

Why not stop slating everyone else and do some actualy work to bring your big ideas to the table?

Very easy to sit at a keyboard and suggest stuff, but actually making it happen takes a lot more effort.

Let's see you deliver Stuart, let's see you put a big idea in front of SMiSA.

Div, not being funny but I've done it already. As I've said I've exchanged messages and e-mails with two committee members at SMiSA. In both I've given a brief outline of what I've been talking about and offered assistance. If they don't want it, or if they haven't taken that back to the SMiSA committee then it's not my problem. I am getting bored with it though. What is the point of having a fan on the board of directors if complaints and suggestions about car parking, the tannoy, or anything else for that matter are going to be ridiculed and ignored week after week? 

2 minutes ago, El Gingero said:

I'm not on the committee.

I'm a member of SMISA and more importantly a St Mirren supporter.

I went to the SMISA committee with an idea about a company investing and in turn has been discussed at board level with hopefully a positive outcome for the club.

I'm just one individual.

If 10% of members have an idea then that's 130 more than we had previously.

I did jump down your throat and I should have taken my time before replying sensibly, so I apologise.

Fair enough. 

I've never known what alias ties up with what personality, and never been interested in doing so, so I've no idea who you are or what you do. I've tried my best and I've been told to wait - I am doing just that. But I don't think it's wrong to be critical if the new board appears to be as inactive as the old one. They should have been hitting the ground running, but right now as far as I can see things are only getting worse - and I don't just mean on the park. 

2 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Div, not being funny but I've done it already. As I've said I've exchanged messages and e-mails with two committee members at SMiSA. In both I've given a brief outline of what I've been talking about and offered assistance. If they don't want it, or if they haven't taken that back to the SMiSA committee then it's not my problem. I am getting bored with it though. What is the point of having a fan on the board of directors if complaints and suggestions about car parking, the tannoy, or anything else for that matter are going to be ridiculed and ignored week after week? 

Glad to hear it.

Who is ridiculing complaints?

You can't seriously expect anyone on this forum to give your posts the time of day when you've constantly berated the club for about ten years?

I'm sure if you're in contact with SMiSA they will treat your complaints seriously, but frankly you don't really deserve that courtesy on here IMO.

1 minute ago, div said:

Glad to hear it.

Who is ridiculing complaints?

You can't seriously expect anyone on this forum to give your posts the time of day when you've constantly berated the club for about ten years?

I'm sure if you're in contact with SMiSA they will treat your complaints seriously, but frankly you don't really deserve that courtesy on here IMO.

I've berated the club for 18 years in all I think - and with plenty of justification too. Look at the state it's in these days. Even Stewart Gilmour claimed the club was within weeks of closing when Rangers went bust. 

The new owners have had their month long honeymoon from me. If there's no progress then they can expect to be berated just as much as the last board were. 

14 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I've berated the club for 18 years in all I think - and with plenty of justification too. Look at the state it's in these days. Even Stewart Gilmour claimed the club was within weeks of closing when Rangers went bust. 

The new owners have had their month long honeymoon from me. If there's no progress then they can expect to be berated just as much as the last board were. 

And you'll be ignored just as you were for the previous 18 years.

You certainly have a high opinion of yourself don't you?

You reckon everyone should dance to YOUR timescales?

You are not in a position to expect that.

Now maybe you should pipe down and realise you are not the only person with a vested interest in the club.

Just now, oaksoft said:

And you'll be ignored just as you were for the previous 18 years.

You certainly have a high opinion of yourself don't you?

You reckon everyone should dance to YOUR timescales?

You are not in a position to expect that.

Now maybe you should pipe down and realise you are not the only person with a vested interest in the club.

I'm simply being consistent. Anyone who knows me would expect that. 

We were told repeatedly that the new board would come in with new eyes, new ideas and a new perspective. One month on and I'm not seeing any progress. Is anyone else? How long should people "pipe down" and pay their money for before questioning the leadership? 

Just now, Stuart Dickson said:

I'm simply being consistent. Anyone who knows me would expect that. 

We were told repeatedly that the new board would come in with new eyes, new ideas and a new perspective. One month on and I'm not seeing any progress. Is anyone else? How long should people "pipe down" and pay their money for before questioning the leadership? 

You keep forgetting that this isn't all about you Stuart.

You are certainly consistent in forgetting that.

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You keep forgetting that this isn't all about you Stuart.

You are certainly consistent in forgetting that.

Where have I ever claimed it was all about me? I don't need directions to the nearest legal parking space from a car park attendant, but I obviously appreciate the frustration that a visitor to the stadium would have particularly when the same car park attendant is also being deliberately obtuse about a plentiful number of parking spaces in clear view right behind him. Do St Mirren as a club want their "staff" directing people to Asda and to the Showcase Cinema when they are having problems parking for the football? Do St Mirren want their employees handling the subsequent telephone enquiry by claiming they have to rent the space to a airport car parking firm because St Mirren fans don't pay enough? Is that the kind of customer service message the club want out there? 

I can handle staff being a bit rude to me Oaksoft - that's been going on for years. What I can't accept is that if the club is looking to build links with the community, that new visitors to the stadium be treated in such a shoddy manner. Perhaps you think that's good business sense - I don't. 

Things aren't going to change overnight and I think 1 month is a bit much also. Maybe by the turn of the year if there seems to be no change and no ideas coming out the club then of course let's boot the board and the SMISA rep in the nuts - but it's all new to most people in the board so I would give them a bit of leeway to begin with.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

42 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Where have I ever claimed it was all about me? I don't need directions to the nearest legal parking space from a car park attendant, but I obviously appreciate the frustration that a visitor to the stadium would have particularly when the same car park attendant is also being deliberately obtuse about a plentiful number of parking spaces in clear view right behind him. Do St Mirren as a club want their "staff" directing people to Asda and to the Showcase Cinema when they are having problems parking for the football? Do St Mirren want their employees handling the subsequent telephone enquiry by claiming they have to rent the space to a airport car parking firm because St Mirren fans don't pay enough? Is that the kind of customer service message the club want out there? 

I can handle staff being a bit rude to me Oaksoft - that's been going on for years. What I can't accept is that if the club is looking to build links with the community, that new visitors to the stadium be treated in such a shoddy manner. Perhaps you think that's good business sense - I don't. 

The missing part of this fascinating story which I have highlighted in bold, is the bit where you tell us how your son spoke to the member of staff.

Nobody believes your story bud because you are a known liar.

Edited by oaksoft

36 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

The missing part of this fascinating story which I have highlighted in bold, is the bit where you tell us how your son spoke to the member of staff.

Nobody believes your story bud because you are a known liar.

You speak for the club now do you? Gordon Scott's new spokesman. I must have missed the news that Tony Fitzpatrick resigned and let you take over :rolleyes: 

3 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Fair enough. 

I've never known what alias ties up with what personality, and never been interested in doing so, so I've no idea who you are or what you do. I've tried my best and I've been told to wait - I am doing just that. But I don't think it's wrong to be critical if the new board appears to be as inactive as the old one. They should have been hitting the ground running, but right now as far as I can see things are only getting worse - and I don't just mean on the park. 

The above statement just shows how naive you are about how to run a company. If the current board reacts to every whimsical idea that the fans put forward then we will be stuffed in no time. A sensible board will take an idea undertake a risk and benefit analysis of the idea and if they decide to proceed with it they will outline how to implement it together with a programme. These things take time. 

Rushing through ideas without proper due diligence is a recipe for disaster and a sure fire way of alienating people.

Give me an example of a company that has reacted immediately to a request for change.

1 hour ago, shull said:

Oaky , get that f**king Tannoy sortit. 

Stuart i have quoted Shull to demonstrate an example.

1, What is the problem with the tannoy system

2. Is a localised problem or throughout the stadium

3. What is the cost to repair/replace or enhance

4. Do we have the funds to finance point 2

5. Undertake design, specification, tender, tender review and contract award

5. What is the lead in time for materials, how long will it take to complete the works

As demonstrated the 5 points in some aspect fit in to every scenario ie problem, investigation, cost, procure and implementation. One thing they all have in common is that they take time. 

32 minutes ago, Gruffalo said:

Stuart i have quoted Shull to demonstrate an example.

1, What is the problem with the tannoy system

2. Is a localised problem or throughout the stadium

3. What is the cost to repair/replace or enhance

4. Do we have the funds to finance point 2

5. Undertake design, specification, tender, tender review and contract award

5. What is the lead in time for materials, how long will it take to complete the works

As demonstrated the 5 points in some aspect fit in to every scenario ie problem, investigation, cost, procure and implementation. One thing they all have in common is that they take time. 

Aye, good points. 

It has only been f**ked for a few years. 

Jesus Wept 

:lol:

1 hour ago, Gruffalo said:

The above statement just shows how naive you are about how to run a company. If the current board reacts to every whimsical idea that the fans put forward then we will be stuffed in no time. A sensible board will take an idea undertake a risk and benefit analysis of the idea and if they decide to proceed with it they will outline how to implement it together with a programme. These things take time. 

Rushing through ideas without proper due diligence is a recipe for disaster and a sure fire way of alienating people.

Give me an example of a company that has reacted immediately to a request for change.

Really Gruff? We're not talking about St Mirren giving up playing football and changing to become a cricket club instead. We're talking about Car Park Attendants who are telling customers the nearest legal location to park their car is a 30 minutes walk away in a car park that also serves a cinema. Is a 6 step risk assessment really needed before someone realises that the current state of affairs is a bonkers set up that will drive away any new customers that the club may have managed to draw in? 

I'd hate to live in your house. Can you imagine? The fuse on your TV has blown. The simple response is to go to your drawer and find a replacement fuse, but Gruffalo says no. First you have to work out what caused the fuse to blow. Then you need to survey your neighbours to see if any of them have also had a fuse blow on their TV. You need to work out the cost of the fuse and you need to work out if you can afford the 18p the fuse will cost you. Then you need to undertake design, specification, tender and tender review before awarding the contract to change the fuse and finally you need to work out the lead time and how long it will take to change the fuse. 

Some people just get stuff done - others like to overthink it. 

5 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

You speak for the club now do you? Gordon Scott's new spokesman. I must have missed the news that Tony Fitzpatrick resigned and let you take over :rolleyes: 

I'm sure I can't be the only one who read this and thought,

"Oh. Dicko speaks for all the fans now does he?  I must have missed that revelation."

Your points may well be germane but bleating after a fortnight or so of new management  not hanging on your every word smells like...

... you haven't changed your tune... and that your well-publicised 'massive financial investment' in the new direction of SMFC may have been a gratuitous (if genuine) short term punt just so you could be drama queen a little (very little) way down the long rocky road.

I'd like to believe that you are sincere about your hopes for St Mirren the community club.  I do believe that.

And hope that you turn out not to be a disappointment.

Edited by antrin
I missed a wee - quite important - word or two,

1 hour ago, buddiecat said:

Stuart, your ideas and suggestions may well be taken on board and acted on. What will happen is that any individuals ideas/suggestions will be put before the whole SMiSA membership to vote on, if they are accepted as good ideas/suggestions then great, we can ask our board rep to bring them up at meetings. Because you cannot see any of your ideas/suggestions being put into practice within one month does not mean that they are not being considered. The SMiSA board have carefully and purposefully from the start of the bid to the end taken time to consider all eventualities and time will be taken again on any further suggestions to consider putting them to the club board (in my opinion one month is not a realistic target for implementing change - 6 to 12 months is more realistic). A list of members requests/suggestions will be published for approval by SMiSA members and will be voted on, some of your suggestions may be put forward, but they may also be ideas that other members or fans have suggested, so all can take pride if the ideas and suggestions are approved and implemented then we will know that we have all have contributed for the good of our club, then build from there.

I realise that we weren't going to see massive change in the first month, but you'd think there would have been improvement - after all what is the point of trying to attract new fans if club employees turning cars away from an empty car park can't direct them to a local place to park legally? Whats the point of chasing new customers if when they complain to the club by phone they are told that they should e-mail the club so that their complaint can be ignored? Whats the point of showcasing local talent, and introducing young local heroes to the crowd at St Mirren Park when the tannoy system isn't working? These things are basic, yet the one decision that appears to have been made is to take business away from the local printers to get the match programme produced by some generic company working out of the West Midlands. 

I'd like to see SMiSA lobby the local council to get those misleading parking restrictions removed from around the stadium as soon as possible, especially if they have started to ticket cars on streets where fans have parked for the last seven years. 

Surely none of that needs to wait on a member vote before action is taken. 

11 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I realise that we weren't going to see massive change in the first month, but you'd think there would have been improvement - after all what is the point of trying to attract new fans if club employees turning cars away from an empty car park can't direct them to a local place to park legally? Whats the point of chasing new customers if when they complain to the club by phone they are told that they should e-mail the club so that their complaint can be ignored? Whats the point of showcasing local talent, and introducing young local heroes to the crowd at St Mirren Park when the tannoy system isn't working? These things are basic, yet the one decision that appears to have been made is to take business away from the local printers to get the match programme produced by some generic company working out of the West Midlands. 

I'd like to see SMiSA lobby the local council to get those misleading parking restrictions removed from around the stadium as soon as possible, especially if they have started to ticket cars on streets where fans have parked for the last seven years. 

Stuart, have you or your son e-mailed the club about what happened with the parking or are you just hoping someone will see it on here?

12 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Why yet again has a topic turned in to about YOU

Your like the Harry Enfield character. "you don't want to do that, no, you want to do this"

You have harped on all week about your son getting misdirected by the poor steward who's role is to direct cars in to a carpark. not dish out directions to some dafty asking where can i park my car.

You have failed to recognize the stupidity of your son having to ask where he can park. when the stadium week in week out is surrounded with streets with cars parked on them. The very streets he drove through

If he was stupid enough to park on a double yellow line or under a sign that states no parking then i would suggest you buy him the highway code.

If the signs were wrong then appeal the ticket and you not be required to pay the fine.

Please stop blaming the club because your son got a stupid answer to a stupid question.

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Stuart, have you or your son e-mailed the club about what happened with the parking or are you just hoping someone will see it on here?

He has phoned the club - that doesn't sound like it went very well - and then sent an e-mail as he was directed to do. Six days on he's still waiting on a response. 

BTW though Stu, I don't agree with my sons side of story either. Both sides appear to be in the wrong to me. But I still find it incredible that anyone would think the car park attendant should be directing those who are being turned away from the car park to park at Asda Linwood and I have always thought that those parking restrictions around the stadium were open to an unfair targeting of football supporters by the local authority whenever they chose to milk their cash cow.