Knickerwetting St Mirren Fans Win Again

shull

4 hours ago, TediousTom said:

I have been largely avoiding the forum of late as I am now becoming bored with the endless failure that has become the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co of late.  The very notion that our wonderful fanbase are in any way to blame for our current predicament is as laughable as it is pathetic.

However I must register my surprise that a high calibre contributor to this forum such as mon Shull has started a thread with such a ridiculous title.

Our suffering fanbase are anything but "knickerwetters" but a loyal and hardy bunch of good old fashion "fitba fans". 

For someone like Shull who (quite correctly) advocates value for money at every stage to start this thread leaves me somewhat perturbed as I fear someone has stolen his sanity.  The very notion that being bottom of this league and out of two cups already is in anyway value for money is beyond ridiculous.  Our fans deserve better than what was delivered under the obviously useless Alex Rae. 

I re-iterate the fans are not to blame.

Stealing Shull's sanity would be akin to pilfering jewels from an empty safe.

5 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Mate Gordon Scott has put the money up, he owns the club. Gordon has agreed to sell his shares back to the fans hence you me and all the other fans paying monthly subscriptions.

Ok , so how about you come back to me when this does not happen ! Bet you don't . I'm paying my bit however that's for the Club nothing to do with Gordon Scott . I for one are set remedy doubtful of all of this and for certain we will all have to chip in again soon so save up your money . So don't tell me Gordon Scott is doing this for nothing ! PLEASE . 

17 minutes ago, Loyal Supporter said:

Ok , so how about you come back to me when this does not happen ! Bet you don't . I'm paying my bit however that's for the Club nothing to do with Gordon Scott . I for one are set remedy doubtful of all of this and for certain we will all have to chip in again soon so save up your money . So don't tell me Gordon Scott is doing this for nothing ! PLEASE . 

Anyone else vote for him to stop at 20 posts?

Time for the ignore function again.

8 hours ago, FTOF said:

Anyone else vote for him to stop at 20 posts?

Time for the ignore function again.

Why ? Cause you cannot do simple Maths ? Get a calculator and work it out and when you do how about at least just admitting that I'm correct . The last Board were not given credit for their achievements . Admittedly they didn't throw a lot of money away on playing budgets but done the required job in keeping The Club in business . It's only a matter of time before we will be asked to donate more cash to solve the problem just wait and see . The plan of Gordon Scott's cannot work as there is not enough subscribers . No contingency plan in place GS will of course be aware of this and will know that we are passionate about Saints and he knows the current subscribers will " dig deep " again . Rubbish what I'm saying if you like but it's a fact wait and see ! Anyway more importantly Billy Davies got the job yet ?

10 hours ago, Loyal Supporter said:

You wouldn't be without Gordon Scott. Nobody is holding a gun to your head.  

On 21 September 2016 at 4:00 PM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

The chairman is just in the door and has a crisis on the park. Personaly my view is Rae could not fix that problem which is defence and midfield. Now Scott wants to fix this by appointing his own man which is right. Scott has brought in Div to overall the offical site making it easier to purchase club merchandise , good move. Also to add a colum where our chairman can do a weekly colum bringing fans closer to the club. Rome was not built in a day give it time.

Are you connected to The Chairman by any chance ? I'd go even further and say your a board member ! This is supposed to be a fans forum so lets not forget that please . The Chairmans lack of character in not sticking with Alex Rae very well could come back and hurt him . The whole thing was wrong . Tony Fitzpatrick is in the press saying " lets back the manager " next thing he's sacked after being in the job 9 months or so despite keeping us up last year ! Now Gordon has to appoint a new manager who will know full well the characters they are dealing with ( GS AND TF ) . Therefore the new guy will be extremely aware that his contract will need to be bullet proof . Not one person has pointed out that if GUS leaves Queens Park he's walking out on arguably  the most sought after job in Scotland out with the Old Firm , Aberdeen , Hearts and Hibs . He will also know that if he leaves Hampden he won't be able to return there if he gets sacked by us ! There is an awful lot wrong behind the scenes at St Mirren . Agreed that by far the majority who write into this site wanted Rae to go but I don't think the majority of supporters who attended matches seen it that way . Poor leadership qualities from The Chairman and also a lack of balls also . Qualities Alex Rae had in abundance . However lets see how the next 2 months go as its a big time for our Club  and for Gordon Scotts future as Chairman .

2 hours ago, Loyal Supporter said:

Are you connected to The Chairman by any chance ? I'd go even further and say your a board member ! This is supposed to be a fans forum so lets not forget that please . The Chairmans lack of character in not sticking with Alex Rae very well could come back and hurt him . The whole thing was wrong . Tony Fitzpatrick is in the press saying " lets back the manager " next thing he's sacked after being in the job 9 months or so despite keeping us up last year ! Now Gordon has to appoint a new manager who will know full well the characters they are dealing with ( GS AND TF ) . Therefore the new guy will be extremely aware that his contract will need to be bullet proof . Not one person has pointed out that if GUS leaves Queens Park he's walking out on arguably  the most sought after job in Scotland out with the Old Firm , Aberdeen , Hearts and Hibs . He will also know that if he leaves Hampden he won't be able to return there if he gets sacked by us ! There is an awful lot wrong behind the scenes at St Mirren . Agreed that by far the majority who write into this site wanted Rae to go but I don't think the majority of supporters who attended matches seen it that way . Poor leadership qualities from The Chairman and also a lack of balls also . Qualities Alex Rae had in abundance . However lets see how the next 2 months go as its a big time for our Club  and for Gordon Scotts future as Chairman .

Are you connected to Alex Rae by any chance? I'd go far as to say you're definitely not a board member. I don't know a thing about Gordon Scott but it takes balls to replace Rae as he has done. I suspect a straw poll of the 3,000 regular crowd would probably have voted Rae out but we'll never know. Getting rid of any manager is a bloody sight easier than getting the right guy in next time. Gordon Scott has a lot riding on getting that right guy. If things don't rapidly improve the knickerwetters will start shitting themselves.

Your views remind me of a couple of guys who used to contribute here regularly a couple of years back and I reckon you could be both of them.

2 hours ago, Loyal Supporter said:

The only fans who attended the games who wanted Rae to continue must either have been blind and deaf or, quite simply, as sharp as a marble. The games were torturous to say the least. The players appeared unfit and uninterested. The tactics seemed nonexistent. Though they should be ashamed of themselves the buck stops at the manager. If he can't motivate, (manage) and if he can't see the deficiencies in the squad then he can't expect anything else but the boot.

3 hours ago, Loyal Supporter said:

Rae came in last season and steady a fast sinking ship but jesus anyone with half a brain cell could have done that after murray. This year with players he brought in and a very unbalanced squad the football (if you can call it that) has been dire at best. No plan b pretty much 442 contiously wingers that didnt track back leaving full bqcks very exposed. Central midfield of 2 in which 1 is a number 10 and should be allowed to dictate player and possession. Any mangaer with an ounce of thought could nulify our middle to front with their eyes closed. Then we had to listen to the same durge in interviews all the time "im not asking them to play hoof ball all the time" the same hoof ball that just went from our back 4 and goalkeeper primarily to the opposition this attqcking us at every opportunity. So if hecaint telling them to do that who the hell was and does that mean the players he signed plus the rest were simply ignring his tactics and decisions. Gs bought the club ultomatley to be fan ownership and was forced rae by previous incumbents and could see what ever other fam could blatantly see apart from you obviously that it aint working so decisions had to be made or hopefully the better only time will tell. As for rae having balls well looks like it was only the ones being carried at ralston

I was not anti rae and dont like seeing people losing their job but by his own admission the pkayers were ones he signed and it just wasnt working 

3 hours ago, RickMcD said:

Are you connected to Alex Rae by any chance? I'd go far as to say you're definitely not a board member. I don't know a thing about Gordon Scott but it takes balls to replace Rae as he has done. I suspect a straw poll of the 3,000 regular crowd would probably have voted Rae out but we'll never know. Getting rid of any manager is a bloody sight easier than getting the right guy in next time. Gordon Scott has a lot riding on getting that right guy. If things don't rapidly improve the knickerwetters will start shitting themselves.

Your views remind me of a couple of guys who used to contribute here regularly a couple of years back and I reckon you could be both of them.

I'm not in anyway connected to Alex Rae . IVE also spoken to a good few supporters who completely agree with me . I note you have not responded to my views on GUS being recruited or the fact any other manager coming in will be very wary of our recent past !  Very easy to criticise but can't you be a bit constructive ? Yes I agree easy to hire but not easy to hire the correct guy . It's my opinion and that of others that Alex Rae , given the hand he was playing with could have with genuine support have done a decent job . When I say support I don't mean Tony Fitzpartick saying in the press " let's give Alex support " then the next week he's fired ! He should know better than that . Anyway let's ALL be vocal today at Dunfermline .

2 hours ago, Clydebanksaint said:

Rae came in last season and steady a fast sinking ship but jesus anyone with half a brain cell could have done that after murray. This year with players he brought in and a very unbalanced squad the football (if you can call it that) has been dire at best. No plan b pretty much 442 contiously wingers that didnt track back leaving full bqcks very exposed. Central midfield of 2 in which 1 is a number 10 and should be allowed to dictate player and possession. Any mangaer with an ounce of thought could nulify our middle to front with their eyes closed. Then we had to listen to the same durge in interviews all the time "im not asking them to play hoof ball all the time" the same hoof ball that just went from our back 4 and goalkeeper primarily to the opposition this attqcking us at every opportunity. So if hecaint telling them to do that who the hell was and does that mean the players he signed plus the rest were simply ignring his tactics and decisions. Gs bought the club ultomatley to be fan ownership and was forced rae by previous incumbents and could see what ever other fam could blatantly see apart from you obviously that it aint working so decisions had to be made or hopefully the better only time will tell. As for rae having balls well looks like it was only the ones being carried at ralston

I was not anti rae and dont like seeing people losing their job but by his own admission the pkayers were ones he signed and it just wasnt working 

Very good observation with regards the wide men not working their arses off . But I'm sure that AR must have seen that but as they say " sometimes you can only p with the w**** you have got " your wrong with the fan ownership thing that just will never happen . As I said previously work out the sums it's simple maths . It's just a matter of time until the hat will be passed round again . Hey I admit I'll chip in again but there are a lot of people out there either 1 . Just are not in a position to do that 2 . Just not as daft as me or 3 . Can see through GS ! 

1 hour ago, Loyal Supporter said:

Very good observation with regards the wide men not working their arses off . But I'm sure that AR must have seen that but as they say " sometimes you can only p with the w**** you have got " your wrong with the fan ownership thing that just will never happen . As I said previously work out the sums it's simple maths . It's just a matter of time until the hat will be passed round again . Hey I admit I'll chip in again but there are a lot of people out there either 1 . Just are not in a position to do that 2 . Just not as daft as me or 3 . Can see through GS ! 

If you are that pessimistic about GS, fan ownership and the whole thing not working, why in God's name are you supporting it by paying your monthly subscription?

4 hours ago, nedflanders123 said:

If you are that pessimistic about GS, fan ownership and the whole thing not working, why in God's name are you supporting it by paying your monthly subscription?

Simple love of the club . If someone makes a very good point I'm the first to agree . Let's see if you come back to me when GS comes back to the exact same people for more money very shortly . As I said I will chip in even more if required but I don't think many people will ! Please don't insult my intelligence by suggesting Gordon Scott is doing this for the love of The Club or even worse The Fans ! He's doing it for himself and he's going to go out with a profit 

1 hour ago, Loyal Supporter said:

Simple love of the club . If someone makes a very good point I'm the first to agree . Let's see if you come back to me when GS comes back to the exact same people for more money very shortly . As I said I will chip in even more if required but I don't think many people will ! Please don't insult my intelligence by suggesting Gordon Scott is doing this for the love of The Club or even worse The Fans ! He's doing it for himself and he's going to go out with a profit 

Please explain how he is going to go out with a profit ?

So you actually think he's doing it for nothing ? God bless you . Now your either his pal or your on the board cause you must be having a laugh . The whole thing just will not work out . Within 1 year the Club will require a Capital Sum Introduced to The Business , wait and see . If this sum dramatically appears it won't be Gordon Scotts money no chance . So do you think he's doing it for nothing ?

19 hours ago, Loyal Supporter said:

Yet, you are continuing to pay into the club.  I have no idea of your agenda but it clearly smacks of a personal vendetta towards GS.  I would suggest you arrange a meeting with Gordon and tell him about his alleged devious plot and let him spell out exactly what his aims and objectives are for the club.  You are making a whole load of accusations which you may be held liable for my friend.

So you actually think he's doing it for nothing ? God bless you . Now your either his pal or your on the board cause you must be having a laugh . The whole thing just will not work out . Within 1 year the Club will require a Capital Sum Introduced to The Business , wait and see . If this sum dramatically appears it won't be Gordon Scotts money no chance . So do you think he's doing it for nothing ?

Oh dear.

5 hours ago, nedflanders123 said:

Yet, you are continuing to pay into the club.  I have no idea of your agenda but it clearly smacks of a personal vendetta towards GS.  I would suggest you arrange a meeting with Gordon and tell him about his alleged devious plot and let him spell out exactly what his aims and objectives are for the club.  You are making a whole load of accusations which you may be held liable for my friend.

Just for your information . I'm no different to any of the others who are paying every month . I do not know Gordon Scott at all but he's not answerable to myself or in fact anyone . All I'm saying is that it's just a matter of time before he's looking for more money from us . There is a difference between speculation and an allegation so tell me which Court is going to hold me liable for having a discussion on a fans Forum ?