For those Finding It Hard To Get To Sleep Thread

shull

He says he doesn't get a Manager's Job because he is black. 

I can't get a Manager's gig either. 

My reason is I would be crap, probably the same reason as why Yorke is being ignored. 

Paranoid prat. 

Edited by shull

To be fair, guys like Dwight Yorke, Sol Campbell, Andy Cole and other black players that played at the top level don't seem to get job after job whereas guys like Neil Warnock, Di Matteo, Paul Lambert, Owen Coyle etc have failure after failure as managers and still get another job at a decent level.

While I'm not only saying good players become good managers but good white players don't seem to get a lack of chances whereas good black players do

I'm not sure that I agree with Shull on this one.

Given the number of black players who have played at top level down south, they do seem to be under represented at manager levels.

Then again, I may well be wrong in thinking that.

Saturday was featuring Keep Racism out of Football was it not?

Guest TPAFKATS
I'm not sure that I agree with Shull on this one.

Given the number of black players who have played at top level down south, they do seem to be under represented at manager levels.

Then again, I may well be wrong in thinking that.

Saturday was featuring Keep Racism out of Football was it not?

Dont think it's as simple as that.
How many players of any colour or creed who played at the top level in England in recent years are managing teams? These guys are all multi millionaires and get to pick up easy work as pundits if they wish instead of a full time high pressure job like managing.

7 hours ago, tony soprano said:

How many players of any colour or creed who played at the top level in England in recent years are managing teams? These guys are all multi millionaires and get to pick up easy work as pundits if they wish instead of a full time high pressure job like managing.

TS

Wouldn't your approach also include white players in the same category?

22 hours ago, foxbar_bud said:

To be fair, guys like Dwight Yorke, Sol Campbell, Andy Cole and other black players that played at the top level don't seem to get job after job whereas guys like Neil Warnock, Di Matteo, Paul Lambert, Owen Coyle etc have failure after failure as managers and still get another job at a decent level.

While I'm not only saying good players become good managers but good white players don't seem to get a lack of chances whereas good black players do

To be fair, the 4 you mentioned (Warnock, Di Matteo, Lambert and Coyle) have won

1 Champions League

1 Premiership title

1 FA Cup

11 Promotions

Not exactly failure after failure!!!

*** stats as at 19/10/2016 - and might not be 100% accurate :rolleyes:

By my reckoning only two EPL Managers played at a high level down south.  In the championship there are six and two of them are black? So only eight out of forty four played at the top level in Engerland - I guess it's playing in the premiership that disqualifies you from getting the jobs?

2 hours ago, oscar said:

To be fair, the 4 you mentioned (Warnock, Di Matteo, Lambert and Coyle) have won

1 Champions League

1 Premiership title

1 FA Cup

11 Promotions

Not exactly failure after failure!!!

*** stats as at 19/10/2016 - and might not be 100% accurate :rolleyes:

As someone who cannae be arsed checkin Stats....   Respect!

Well assembled.  :)

Guest TPAFKATS

TS

Wouldn't your approach also include white players in the same category?

I think that was his point.  It's not about the person's colour, it's just that not a lot of players from the top level in England actually go on to manage these days.

Yes, that was my point cheers.