How Can We Help the Board?

1 minute ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Point 1. It's not viable

2.yes.

3. In general....no. On this suggestion. Non starter.

4. In this instance . Yes.

A couple of questions for you.

Have you been in the Dome ?

Do you understand the principle of how it works ?

If you can answer yes to both of the above, perhaps you can explain how it could be done without the Dome deflating and collapsing.?

Honest answer to both questions Callum ... no! If you have technical knowledge then I shall defer to that.

Thank you for taking the time to my own points raised.

I truly have no idea as to the viability of the suggestion raised but would be willing to look at any suggestion that could increase our general income.

I feel that for far too long our club has focused on minimising outgoings rather than maximising income. This mentality has to change but I fear it has been entrenched!

Have you tried a Buddie Pie with free beans?

I actually prefer it to a Killie pie!

A Killie Pie was a marketing freak... decent pie that was marked well but is now subjected to re-marketing.

If you were being accurate you would be referring to the Kilmarnock Pie now.

As for supporting local enterprise... are Saints not supporting a local business with their current franchise... or do you thing we could justify paying off the current staff?

Not really sure what your point here is Stuart.

I has a pie at the Dumbarton match. It wasn't unpleasant but the pastry wasn't up to the job. It fell apart as I tried to take the pie out of the foil and I landed up having to scoop the rest of the contents with my finger. As I remember it there was plenty of beef and the beef was fine if a bit bland for me. I didn't try the beans.

As far as I understand it the franchise is with Reid Kerr College which is great but I've no idea of the story behind the product. Does the beef come from farms in Paisley? Is the pastry made by catering students at the college or is it bought in or are the ready made and reheated on the day?

Don't get me wrong I know the marketing of the pie isn't down to anyone at St Mirren and maybe I'm the only one who thinks this but for me it would make paying out the most expensive price for pies in the Championship a bit more palatable if I knew I was helping local producers of quality products.

I take the point about the staff being local, but that would be the case if St Mirren ran the catering themselves with pies shipped from Ireland or Poland. I just think it would be better to give the product a USP and for it to be obvious the club and its suppliers are supporting and promoting its local community

I didn't know how the dome worked other than it was an inflatable. It does seem to be yet another waste of money though. It's completely limited in its efficiency and effectiveness. A 3g surface is usually playable down to either minus 4 or minus 6. If it snows it gives protection only if the roads are safe, if it's windy it needs to be deflated to date it from damage and the uses are obviously totally limited by its design.

26 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Honest answer to both questions Callum ... no! If you have technical knowledge then I shall defer to that.

Thank you for taking the time to my own points raised.

I truly have no idea as to the viability of the suggestion raised but would be willing to look at any suggestion that could increase our general income.

I feel that for far too long our club has focused on minimising outgoings rather than maximising income. This mentality has to change but I fear it has been entrenched!

It wouldn't be possible as the Dome has no solid sides or roof so the whole thing is kept inflated by a large fan in much the same way as a bouncy castle. People enter the Dome via a 'turnstile type revolving door" which allows one person through at a time, Geting in with our kit is hard enough !  

There is a large entrance at the East side of the Dome which allows entry for equipment etc, but it too operates on a sort of airlock system with one vehicle / piece of plant allowed in one door, door shuts behind it then the second door opens to allow access to the Dome itself without roo much air escaping. Fan replaces the missing air then process can start again. This means it would take ages to get traders in , set up & get them out one at a time. Simply not feasible. 

Now here's the thing. A certain fat dim witted shit stirring Night watchman / plumber / know it all has spent every waking minute since the Dome went up slagging it off as a sports venue so you would have thought he might have known this ?!?

He may have been on another one of his fishing trips or alternatively he could simply have been talking out of his arse again.

19 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I has a pie at the Dumbarton match. It wasn't unpleasant but the pastry wasn't up to the job. It fell apart as I tried to take the pie out of the foil and I landed up having to scoop the rest of the contents with my finger. As I remember it there was plenty of beef and the beef was fine if a bit bland for me. I didn't try the beans.

As far as I understand it the franchise is with Reid Kerr College which is great but I've no idea of the story behind the product. Does the beef come from farms in Paisley? Is the pastry made by catering students at the college or is it bought in or are the ready made and reheated on the day?

Don't get me wrong I know the marketing of the pie isn't down to anyone at St Mirren and maybe I'm the only one who thinks this but for me it would make paying out the most expensive price for pies in the Championship a bit more palatable if I knew I was helping local producers of quality products.

I take the point about the staff being local, but that would be the case if St Mirren ran the catering themselves with pies shipped from Ireland or Poland. I just think it would be better to give the product a USP and for it to be obvious the club and its suppliers are supporting and promoting its local community

The pie stall franchise is with a private company.

There is no such place as Reid Kerr College.......it's West College Scotland.

You may be thinking of Hospitality which is worked in conjuction with The University of the West of Scotland.

5 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

It wouldn't be possible as the Dome has no solid sides or roof so the whole thing is kept inflated by a large fan in much the same way as a bouncy castle. People enter the Dome via a 'turnstile type revolving door" which allows one person through at a time, Geting in with our kit is hard enough !  

There is a large entrance at the East side of the Dome which allows entry for equipment etc, but it too operates on a sort of airlock system with one vehicle / piece of plant allowed in one door, door shuts behind it then the second door opens to allow access to the Dome itself without roo much air escaping. Fan replaces the missing air then process can start again. This means it would take ages to get traders in , set up & get them out one at a time. Simply not feasible. 

Now here's the thing. A certain fat dim witted shit stirring Night watchman / plumber / know it all has spent every waking minute since the Dome went up slagging it off as a sports venue so you would have thought he might have known this ?!?

He may have been on another one of his fishing trips or alternatively he could simply have been talking out of his arse again.

Thanks for the techy update Callum... I am now in the know.

As for our learned friend... whether or not he was on a fishing trip he actually invests in the team I support and his input to me is no more or less valid than anyone else who cares to contribute!

I would love a forum where when it comes to ideas that may benefit our club, there is no right or wrong... simply ideas that could be developed further or in this case, after reasoned discussion, dismissed as impractical.

8 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Why thank you.

I think you will find that I treat most dickheads with respect. This reply being additional proof!

Stuart may well share "wanky pish" as you so beautifully put it; but unlike you, he also makes good points that are well articulated (not the big lorries)!

As you have expressed your ignorance on the subject so well, below - and as you now know that dickhead WAS once again spouting wanky pish no matter how well articulated, (and it never is: spelling and grammatical mistakes supplement his factual calamities), logic dictates that my posts about his wanky pish are accurate in all three of the areas noted above.

Therefore, my posts ARE always more worthwhile than his - even those simply noting his self-publicising wanky pish.  He never posts about St Mirren - it's all about him.

No need to apologise - just learn from this.  Stop encouraging the arse.

6 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Thanks for the techy update Callum... I am now in the know.

As for our learned friend... whether or not he was on a fishing trip he actually invests in the team I support and his input to me is no more or less valid than anyone else who cares to contribute!

I would love a forum where when it comes to ideas that may benefit our club, there is no right or wrong... simply ideas that could be developed further or in this case, after reasoned discussion, dismissed as impractical.

Edited by antrin

7 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

7 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

The bakers being used is terrible I like my grub so have stopped using it. The buddie good food trailer a cross  from the main stand sells good quality grub supplied by one of Paisley's best butchers.  I love the spicy chicken burger , not congealed chicken proper chicken with crispy salad and melted cheese. Mind i buy the odd hot drink in the ground.  

7 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

The bakers being used is terrible I like my grub so have stopped using it. The buddie good food trailer a cross  from the main stand sells good quality grub supplied by one of Paisley's best butchers.  I love the spicy chicken burger , not congealed chicken proper chicken with crispy salad and melted cheese. Mind i buy the odd hot drink in the ground.  

Good to know. If I'm ever back I will try one. 

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

What Butcher do they use IOBS?

The club needs more representation in the town centre. Whenever the club has a bit of success the local politicians all jump on the bandwagon and tell us how important we are to Paisley. If you walk about Paisley town centre you wouldn't even know we had a football team, hardly a badge in sight. Even when I was a kid there used to be the wee StMirren stall in the Piazza, used to love walking past it because it was something to do with Saints.

Would it be too much hassle to have a few signs put it about the place letting people know who our next game is against? Or a wee stall in the town centre for a couple of hours on the morning of a home game, hand out black and white balloons to people, generate a bit of interest. It will cost time and money but at the moment your average Paisley person doesn't give a monkeys about the club. Will your average punter know we have a function suite for hire? 

Should have been able to utilise our partnership with JD Sports and Braehead a bit more. Our stadium is covered with JD logos, we have had a few horrific kits down to them but when you go in their shop your lucky to find StMirren stuff and if there is any its normally stuck behind a Old Firm/Barca top.