St Mirren Photos & Videos

On 12/2/2023 at 10:11 PM, Helmettroll said:

What's the trophy, Tennents sixes?

Saints were beaten finalists but never won the Sixes.

I'm guessing it might have been a trophy put up by a local business for a pre-season friendly vs English opposition.

Or possibly the Isle of Man tournament trophy.

One of my first heroes. Loved watching him doing keepy uppies with the ball during the pre match warm up and finishing by catching the ball on the back of his neck.

Willie Fulton - St Mirren legend

34 minutes ago, shull said:

One of my first heroes. Loved watching him doing keepy uppies with the ball during the pre match warm up and finishing by catching the ball on the back of his neck.

A "Dunfermline Athletic" style top?

It's still nice though. 👍 

47 minutes ago, BigYardsAndBasher said:

How many seasons did we use the yellow numbers?

Were the commentators of the day able to read the number and know who our players were?

The yellow numbers were only for that match. I don't know why. I can't remember if we ever used yellow again. Maybe.

We were never on radio or television much in those days. Although, commentators like Archie, Arthur, Alistair Alexander, David Francey etc seemed to be more professional and could recognise players by their faces and natural movement without referring to their numbers. They educated themselves.

6 hours ago, shull said:

❤️ that kit! 😍

We should be playing in a modern version of that next season! 

8 hours ago, BigYardsAndBasher said:

How many seasons did we use the yellow numbers?

Were the commentators of the day able to read the number and know who our players were?

The yellow numbers were an experiment to see if the numbers were made more visible by the floodlights

They weren’t!!!