Latest Scores

FTOF

8 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Having watched most Friday night championship games this season on BBC and enjoyed the majority of them, I think the gap between bottom 3-4 in premiership to top 6 in Championship this year is as big if not bigger than it’s been in years.

I can’t see Thistle troubling RC or Killie unless it becomes a horrible battle.  If either premiership team plays to even their mediocre level, I can see only one outcome .

You have to remember however that I have won the grand total of absolutely f**k all betting on football outcomes to date.😬

I do agree the standard has dropped really since Hearts Hibs and Rangers forced it up... Thistle have won their 4 play off games on a agg of 15 to 3 ...so they will be buzzing...after Accies beat Hibs on pens beating them 2 nil at Easter road...like you...predictions are for the bookies

8 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Having watched most Friday night championship games this season on BBC and enjoyed the majority of them, I think the gap between bottom 3-4 in premiership to top 6 in Championship this year is as big if not bigger than it’s been in years.

I can’t see Thistle troubling RC or Killie unless it becomes a horrible battle.  If either premiership team plays to even their mediocre level, I can see only one outcome .

You have to remember however that I have won the grand total of absolutely f**k all betting on football outcomes to date.😬

I do agree the standard has dropped really since Hearts Hibs and Rangers forced it up... Thistle have won their 4 play off games on a agg of 15 to 3 ...so they will be buzzing...after Accies beat Hibs on pens beating them 2 nil at Easter road...like you...predictions are for the bookies

27 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Coventry 0-0 Luton, 22 mins.

Luton are, by some distance, the better football team.

Coventry relying on the long ball, getting little so far from that tactic.

Luton score as I type from a LONG BALL. :lol:

0-1.

24 mins. 

Coventry 0-1 Luton, half time.

Coventry rallied a wee bit in the last 10 mins or so but Luton still the better team.

Still, at 0-1 it's got a long way to go.

4 minutes ago, guinness said:

Whichever one gets promoted will come straight back down. Two very ordinary sides.

Whichever team gets promoted will almost certainly be a very different team come the start of next season.

Notts Forest made an astonishing 21 signings after getting promoted via the play off last season. 

Any team that gets promoted will be one of the favourites to go straight back down but it's not a done deal.

Last season's 3 promoted teams have ALL stayed up this season. 

34 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Whichever team gets promoted will almost certainly be a very different team come the start of next season.

Notts Forest made an astonishing 21 signings after getting promoted via the play off last season. 

Any team that gets promoted will be one of the favourites to go straight back down but it's not a done deal.

Last season's 3 promoted teams have ALL stayed up this season. 

Forest had money to spend. Do not think either of these teams have much finance  behind t hem.

6 minutes ago, guinness said:

Forest had money to spend. Do not think either of these teams have much finance  behind t hem.

Do you know how much this game is worth to the winner? :lol

Due to the final incentives on offer for the winner, the Championship playoff final is often called the 'richest game in football'. Although the money does not come all at once, it can be a huge boost for the promoted side.

Most of the financial gain comes from TV rights, sponsorship deals and new opportunities that result from becoming a Premier League club.

With the league generating so much cash from global TV revenue, even the team that finishes last is guaranteed £100million ($125m)

Figures from Deloitte, who analysed the 2020 playoff final between Fulham and Brentford, estimated that a club could earn between £135m to £265m ($170m to $333m) more in revenue by winning the playoff final. This figure also factors in non-TV revenues.

19 minutes ago, guinness said:

PS You are right about the teams that are on the field right now, more than unlikely they would survive as they are, slack all over the pitch, especially the final ball and shooting. 

Edited by faraway saint

36 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

1-1, extra time looming.

Wouldn't like to pick as winner, the attempts at goal have been woeful, better suited to rugby.

Looking like penalties. :rolleyes:

Coventry 1-2 Luton, a massive blunder by the Coventry player, oh wait, chalked off, handball, lucky boy,

Still 1-1. 

12 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Penalties coming up.

I've got a slight fancy for Luton but it's probably a heads or tails so let's see who holds their nerve. 

Luton win 6-5, always feel really sorry for the guy who misses when it gets down to the guys who were not picked for the first 5 penalties.

Looking forward to the likes of Man City rocking up to Lutons wee ground, culture shock. :lol:

19 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Do you know how much this game is worth to the winner? :lol

Due to the final incentives on offer for the winner, the Championship playoff final is often called the 'richest game in football'. Although the money does not come all at once, it can be a huge boost for the promoted side.

Most of the financial gain comes from TV rights, sponsorship deals and new opportunities that result from becoming a Premier League club.

With the league generating so much cash from global TV revenue, even the team that finishes last is guaranteed £100million ($125m)

Figures from Deloitte, who analysed the 2020 playoff final between Fulham and Brentford, estimated that a club could earn between £135m to £265m ($170m to $333m) more in revenue by winning the playoff final. This figure also factors in non-TV revenues.

Agree about this but think Luton need to spend quite a lot of money to bring ground up to scratch.