FTOF

Latest Scores

8 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Then the BoD need to watch the clips of our League Cup success in 2013 and make a much better f**king effort for next year.

Our fans who did pay to watch those League Cup games deserved better considering this was possibly our best chance of silverware this season. A good result against the Pars could well have seen us seeded in the Last 16 considering it should have been a piss easy group. We are very unlikely to win the league (stating the obvious I know), and the Scottish Cup could land us a Last 32 tie at Parkhead or non league opposition, we won’t know how easy that route will be until later. But this was a great chance to kick the season off well, Cup progress and a potential winning Last 16 tie. Instead we’ve blown the chance of a good cup run, and finished 3rd behind two sides in lower leagues, one of those who’s in the fourth tier. Albion Rovers haven’t made it through, but they were as close as any League Two side got and that was largely down to us being total shite.

Like you, I don't see this as a diddy competition or pre season training. I know that distance prevents you attending as often as you would want. 

The club's preparation, or lack off, is covered elsewhere but as one who attended all of the games, I was dissapointed not to beat enough of the teams to top the group. The cost to The Fakes in not qualifying this season has been estimated at the difference between £81,000 last season and £19,000 in this. For clubs like us, this is big money. For the fans, the poor standard of play is not entirely compensated for in the lower entry costs. 

Fair play though... Well done the Pars. 

21 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Dundee 0-0 ICT, Dundee looking quite decent, a 16 year old playing who, seemingly, the manager reckons will play almost every game this season, barring injuries. 

12 mins gone.

1-0 Dundee, new striker scores on his debut...............................sigh. :rolleyes:

Dudelange, the legends fae Luxembourg who qualified for the Europa Group stages last season, well they are at it again. Just knocked out Macedonian champs Shkendija 3-2 on agg, the Macedonians finished with 8 men.

It’s been a dreadful European effort from Shkendija though. Took a lead back home before being defeated by Kalju (16/1 to win that game alone)  and now knocked out of the other competition by a side from Luxembourg. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Other lot 0-1 Celtic, 10 mins.

I would suggest Celtic are through. :lol:

0-2, last minute goal.

54 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Dudelange, the legends fae Luxembourg who qualified for the Europa Group stages last season, well they are at it again. Just knocked out Macedonian champs Shkendija 3-2 on agg, the Macedonians finished with 8 men.

It’s been a dreadful European effort from Shkendija though. Took a lead back home before being defeated by Kalju (16/1 to win that game alone)  and now knocked out of the other competition by a side from Luxembourg. 

I've no idea what the feck you are on about. :lol:

51 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

0-2, last minute goal.

FFS 😂

Macedonian Champions Shkendija have been knocked out of both the Champions League and Europa League by what was regarded inferior opposition.

Awryte?

5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Don't worry about it wee man you will understand things better when you grow up and get big like your taxi driving friend.  😄

10 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Up to CFR Cluj now to do us the favour of eliminating the scum from the Champions League.

Mon the Cluj!

A tougher prospect for Celtic in the long and winding road to reach the group stages.

First leg is away, still a slight advantage IMO, although maybe not as much as it used to be.

Looking at some of the other matches/teams in this round it could have been a whole lot harder for Celtic. 

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

A tougher prospect for Celtic in the long and winding road to reach the group stages.

First leg is away, still a slight advantage IMO, although maybe not as much as it used to be.

Looking at some of the other matches/teams in this round it could have been a whole lot harder for Celtic. 

I think the bigots will have enough to edge it, but I hope I’m wrong.

4 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Watched Bodmin Town pump Saltash United Reserves 8-1 in a pre-season friendly today.

The best part is they now have a player called Tornado Bello, who scored the 7th with some silky play.

I passed by an under 7 game today, no idea who was playing, the ball was in the air lots. :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I passed by an under 7 game today, no idea who was playing, the ball was in the air lots. :rolleyes:

Good to see our youths are still being coached to “boot it tae f**k!” instead of passing and moving 🙄

9 hours ago, faraway saint said:

You know how old the boys/girls were but but have no idea which teams were playing. What does that tell us about you? :unsure:

Is the Aschcroft playing for Dundee the son of the 'famous' Ian 'ashy' Ashcroft that starred for Arthurlie in the 80,s . Looks awfy like him and i see he was born in Barrhead.

Did Ian Ashcroft once play for Sts? Or maybe just play in a trial?

embdy know