Latest Scores

FTOF

Well that was a disappointing second half, having started like a train in the first half the Spanish were really one dimensional in the second, they hardly beat the first man with their wide crossing and they came narrow and chipped crosses down the throat of the centre halves and in the end Sweden could have won. At least we won't be the only nation disappointed this evening.

6 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Agreed.

That was sore.

We deserved more... But they scored twice, we didn't. That, sadly, is the bottom line. emoji26.png

Yeah, they were very clinical.

On another night we could have had about 4 or 5 and so could they.

We could have been watching a 5-5 draw. :D

Despite the result, there were lots of positives - Adams, Hanley, Robertson etc. Hopefully the nerves will have died down a bit for the players and they can cut out the negatives from here on.

Anyway, f**k it. Time to move on. We are a very long way from being out of this. Looking forward to Friday already. If we put this level of effort in again we might well give England more than enough to worry about.

I just hope the players keep themselves around positive, optimistic people and don't stray onto forums like this one. Honestly, there's nothing like Scottish football fans for draining the life right out of you with their endless negative pish.

Edited by oaksoft

6 hours ago, elvis said:

What the f**k were you watching we were f**king pish there's hardly a footballer among them England will be looking to run up a cricket score that's me a third of the way to getting my prediction right of losing every game.

Nobody cares about your endless negativity.

Have you not got your thick skull around that yet?

In the cold light of day yesterday wasn't as bad as made out, especially by the natives over on Facebook.

For a start we really missed Tierney, he gives us so much, especially when we are going forward and the early issues with him and Robertson had sorted themselves out giving us as good a left side as most teams.

We could have scored at least one from 2 or 3 decent chances, not the ludicrous 4 or 5 that the simpleton @oaksoft was blabbing about. :1eye

Robertsons chance was a sore one, they did their best to score an OG, good save from their goalie and hitting the bar, on another day we'd have got at least 1 from these chances, it's stretching things to say we'd have scored ALL of these chances, real football is rarely like that. 

Clarke changed things straight away at half time, Adams coming on did help.

The criticism he gets isn't a surprise, some football supporters have the memory of a goldfish.

Their second goal, ouch, it's really hard to blame Hendry, our goalie, who, otherwise, had a good game, really was at fault, not forgetting a wonder strike.

The Czechs played well at times and in Schick they have a top class striker.

There will be a few changes for THE game with England.

If we play well we can get something from this game.

We need at least a point IMO or confidence will be all but gone for the last game. 

ETA Wrong thread, doh!

Edited by faraway saint

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

In the cold light of day yesterday wasn't as bad as made out, especially by the natives over on Facebook.

For a start we really missed Tierney, he gives us so much, especially when we are going forward and the early issues with him and Robertson had sorted themselves out giving us as good a left side as most teams.

We could have scored at least one from 2 or 3 decent chances, not the ludicrous 4 or 5 that the simpleton @oaksoft was blabbing about. :1eye

Robertsons chance was a sore one, they did their best to score an OG, good save from their goalie and hitting the bar, on another day we'd have got at least 1 from these chances, it's stretching things to say we'd have scored ALL of these chances, real football is rarely like that. 

Clarke changed things straight away at half time, Adams coming on did help.

The criticism he gets isn't a surprise, some football supporters have the memory of a goldfish.

Their second goal, ouch, it's really hard to blame Hendry, our goalie, who, otherwise, had a good game, really was at fault, not forgetting a wonder strike.

The Czechs played well at times and in Schick they have a top class striker.

There will be a few changes for THE game with England.

If we play well we can get something from this game.

We need at least a point IMO or confidence will be all but gone for the last game. 

ETA Wrong thread, doh!

Agree with pretty much all of that. Only thing I’d add on a more critical basis, is that I really do feel like some of our supposedly bigger players shat it yesterday. Occasion appeared to be too much for some.

One other small but very important point that seems to be getting lost in all the depression, is just how brilliant Robertson was yesterday. He really did prove yesterday that he probably is our only genuinely top class player (Tierney aside).

30 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Agree with pretty much all of that. Only thing I’d add on a more critical basis, is that I really do feel like some of our supposedly bigger players shat it yesterday. Occasion appeared to be too much for some.

One other small but very important point that seems to be getting lost in all the depression, is just how brilliant Robertson was yesterday. He really did prove yesterday that he probably is our only genuinely top class player (Tierney aside).

Agree, overall, on Robertson, sitter apart. 

As I mentioned him and Tierney were all over the place initially but have sorted that out and the combination makes them a massive part of our team.

Let's hope Tierney is back for Friday, again, we need at least a point IMO. 

Edited by faraway saint

7 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I’ve never really got the ignore function. If you don’t like someone’s output, don’t read it. Skim as oor Shull used to say. I’ve been on both this forum and the Tartan Army Message Board since their inception and never used the ignore function once. I’ve ignored plenty of posts tho!!

Did somebody say something? :whistle

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Hungry 0-1 Portugal, 84 mins.

Hungry, in the bits I've seen, had been holding out quite well and had their moments up front.

Hungry 0-2 Portugal, penalty, Ronaldo, 86 mins. 

105 international goals in 170odd games, no bad. 

Edited by faraway saint

23 hours ago, faraway saint said:

The World Cup in Argentina hit me hard as well, shattered my whole life for days.

Peru then Iran just sucked the life out of me, even wee Archies goal was a sticking plaster over my hurt.

I don't take any solace in any other teams misfortune, life's too short so, aye, you're as shallow as a puddle. :lol:

Spain 82 for me. Best ever squad and the sight of Miller and Hanson taking each other out

With 1 game remaining in the first set of games [mention=15909]Cookie Monster[/mention] is sitting on 15 points.
I'm on 14, thanks to a dramatic late 3-0 victory for Portugal.
I'll post my predictions for the 2nd set before tomorrow's games. 
Effing hate that plick Ronaldo. [emoji24]