Scotland Football Club

shull

We only lost a friendly, no points dropped and a chance for Clarke to see us against a good group of players , the players were never going to risk injuries in a game like this even though it was England. Spain aren’t as good as England just now but still a very decent team and we have beaten them already and I think Clarke will have his plan for this game.

3 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Anyone needing to be cheered up after last night, check out Ben Doak vs Spain on Monday night.

Not the finished article, but by f**k has the boy got potential. 

Aye, I like the look of him, bags of energy, direct and likes to have a go, something we currently lack. 

• 3 weeks later...

I’m on a wee tour. Flew into Malaga on Saturday. Had a couple on nights there. Now in Cordoba for a couple of nights before heading down to Seville on Wednesday.

My first Scotland away game since that horrendous no strikers debacle in Prague in 2010. Prior to that I was a TA stalwart but that c**t Levein sickened me beyond belief.

Thoroughly looking forward to Thursday’s game. Brilliant that we can go into such an important game knowing that if we get a point we’ve qualified and if we get beat it’s far from the end of the world. In snooker parlance it’s a shot to nothing. 

On 9/13/2023 at 11:12 AM, WeeBud said:

Porteous, who I quite like, lost Rashford so many times last night and twice put us in trouble with silly passes.

Must have been comforting for Rashford to be up against a second division player, just like a few of his team mates. That was Clarkes big mistake. Wonder if any of Spains players are second division. Doubt it. Suspect a defeat is forthcoming. 

18 minutes ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Must have been comforting for Rashford to be up against a second division player, just like a few of his team mates. That was Clarkes big mistake. Wonder if any of Spains players are second division. Doubt it. Suspect a defeat is forthcoming. 

Nah, his biggest mistake was obviously not involving you in his management and scouting set up with all your top level credentials.....hope the meter ticks over regularly today for you old boy 👍

On 3/28/2023 at 5:39 PM, Saint@Johnstone said:

Agree with the crowd prediction. As for the match, just like Saints, nothing up front. Back to earth with a defeat and no prospect of topping the group. Think it’s rather pitiful we are reduced to relying on an Australian and English players to try and score goals for us., none of whom I’d even take at Saints. Wonder how the managers contract extension will look should we be on the end of a bad defeat. They certainly pick their moments to make decisions.  Just on another subject, isn’t Facebook the platform to boast about your foreign holidays ? 😄

1 hour ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

There's a theme with you, can anyone spot it? 🤔