Jump to content

Gavin Reilly


Recommended Posts


If Mullen had scored 22 goals for us last season there's a good chance he'd be looking to get a better deal elsewhere as well. 

But he didn't. He scored 3 and is still with us.

Let's not pretend that we'd rather have Mullen than Reilly just because our ego is a bit dented because Reilly didn't sign the new deal.

 

Mullen scored 7 league goals last season. Reilly scored 11.

 

Mullen started fewer games than Reilly, spent half the season with an inferior club and played some of the time on the wing.

 

Mullen is under contract whilst Reilly isn’t, hence why Reilly was looking for a new deal and Mullen wasn’t!

 

A striker who scores 11 goals in the Championship for a side that wins the league doesn’t sound like the sort of striker who would be prolific in the top flight.

 

Gavin Reilly is this season’s Donnie McDowell.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, zico said:

 

Mullen scored 7 league goals last season. Reilly scored 11.

 

Mullen started fewer games than Reilly, spent half the season with an inferior club and played some of the time on the wing.

 

Mullen is under contract whilst Reilly isn’t, hence why Reilly was looking for a new deal and Mullen wasn’t!

 

A striker who scores 11 goals in the Championship for a side that wins the league doesn’t sound like the sort of striker who would be prolific in the top flight.

 

Gavin Reilly is this season’s Donnie McDowell.

Can' t be bothered to check exact figures but I'm sure Reilly will be on double the career goals of Mullen, mostly at a higher level.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Jack the lad said:

Can' t be bothered to check exact figures but I'm sure Reilly will be on double the career goals of Mullen, mostly at a higher level.

That's not a reason for keeping Reilly! I want us to sign a new striker - someone better than Reilly!

Mullen is decent cover for striker, out wide and Cammy Smith.

Edited by zico
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, zico said:

 

Mullen scored 7 league goals last season. Reilly scored 11.

 

Mullen started fewer games than Reilly, spent half the season with an inferior club and played some of the time on the wing.

 

Mullen is under contract whilst Reilly isn’t, hence why Reilly was looking for a new deal and Mullen wasn’t!

 

A striker who scores 11 goals in the Championship for a side that wins the league doesn’t sound like the sort of striker who would be prolific in the top flight.

 

Gavin Reilly is this season’s Donnie McDowell.

100% correct some are not looking at the bigger picture. Good hard worker for me championship level. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We could have had Mullen and Reilly. Instead we have Mullen and a guy who scored 13 goals in English non football last year. Find this worrying. Although I've read he is a target man, so maybe more of a replacement for Sutton?

We signed a midfielder and a defender today not a striker.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, paulsmfc said:

We could have had Mullen and Reilly. Instead we have Mullen and a guy who scored 13 goals in English non football last year. Find this worrying. Although I've read he is a target man, so maybe more of a replacement for Sutton?

Remind me how well  Gavin did last time in Scottish Premiership?  There was no guarantee that he would be good enough at this level and clearly Stubbs thought so.  Let's see who AR brings in to lead up front.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...