Stubbs already better than Jack

Just for some balance, today's result doesn't make us world beaters, it's still early days.

It does instil some belief in the team and the manager, which can only be a good thing.

Getting through is a major bonus, although it shouldn't be forgotten, we didn't lose any games and a draw at Killie was a good result.

Definitely changes the mood for next Saturday.......................well, for most supporters. 

Just for some balance, today's result doesn't make us world beaters, it's still early days.
It does instil some belief in the team and the manager, which can only be a good thing.
Getting through is a major bonus, although it shouldn't be forgotten, we didn't lose any games and a draw at Killie was a good result.
Definitely changes the mood for next Saturday.......................well, for most supporters. 

Boo boy!

24 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Daft to say considering so many goals was ultimately what put us through but the actual scoreline and winning margin was secondary in terms of importance to the overall performance.

Think we needed to see dig, urgency, understanding of each other, doing the basics correctly and pressing high. We got all of those today. The number of goals we scored wasn't the deciding factor on how we judged the team today. Even if it had finished 2-0 or 3-0, the support would have been thoroughly impressed with how cohesive the team looked.

Not to say I'm not delighted we pumped 6 past and got through but I'm just delighted we looked like a football team.

Daft to say considering so many goals was ultimately what put us through but the actual scoreline and winning margin was secondary in terms of importance to the overall performance.
Think we needed to see dig, urgency, understanding of each other, doing the basics correctly and pressing high. We got all of those today. The number of goals we scored wasn't the deciding factor on how we judged the team today. Even if it had finished 2-0 or 3-0, the support would have been thoroughly impressed with how cohesive the team looked.
Not to say I'm not delighted we pumped 6 past and got through but I'm just delighted we looked like a football team.
I think the way the team was laid out compared to Tuesday made a big difference.

We weren't playing three centre halves, Cammy had guys in front of him as well as getting support from McGennis and Willock. It seemed to make sense.

41 minutes ago, Speedysaint said:

Stubbsy!!!

Hard for me to say how good a manager Alan is or is not...but I got a good feeling.I recommend to fellow buddies his book 'How Football Saved My Life'...….gives you a measure of the man.

I forgot he had that cancer scare a few years back.

6 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Just as well somebody didn't start a Stubbs Must Go thread, how silly would they look.................:wink:

Take a look at the "oakster's" efforts tonight if you really want silly ! :)