Coronavirus

faraway saint

Think it's about to get serious...

The spread of coronavirus means it is likely Premier League matches will be played behind closed doors this month, a leading club executive has admitted.

Sasha Ryazantsev, Everton’s chief financial officer, said banning fans from matches in an attempt to slow the spread of the virus would be a decision “forced” on clubs. However with Italian authorities having taken the decision to play Serie A fixtures behind closed doors until April, the possibility of something similar in England is increasing.

Wouldn’t notice any difference at Hamilton’s games.

7 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Image may contain: possible text that says 'Coronavirus. You should use hand sanitizer which contains alcohol to kill the virus. Therefore, you should keep your whole body topped up with alcohol to stay completely safe. Don't take any risks and stay drunk until further notice!!!! 108 心 Like 38comments Comment W Share'

Unfortunately the body pretty much immediately breaks down the alcohol into a variety of aldehydes and ketones so that won't work.

Happy to ruin any and all jokes with some boring science. :lol:

I'm available for parties......

Edited by oaksoft

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

Unfortunately the body pretty much immediately breaks down the alcohol into a variety of aldehydes and ketones so that won't work.

Happy to ruin any and all jokes with some boring science. :lol:

I'm available for parties......

Don't call me, I'll call you...........................................................:byebye

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:

Then how can the police test how much alcohol someone has in their blood the morning after a drinking session?  Could you make a fortune as an expert witness at court? :whistle

I didn't say ALL of the alcohol broke down.

The amount which gets to the blood is very small compared to the amount drank.

And just as well too because alcohol is toxic - even in relatively small quantities.

ETA. I'm not actually sure that they are detecting alcohol. They might be detecting the by-products.

I'll have a wee look and see because I don't know.

ETA 2. Yes it is detecting alcohol. It's the alcohol that your liver can't break down and is left in your blood. Still a small fraction of what you've drank but interesting nonetheless.

Edited by oaksoft

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I'm not. Did you not read my post?

You reassured me that an exponential curve of infections was nothing to worry about.

Stop wining then, rejoice, it could be worse, you could have accepted that one way flight I offered you to Wuhan..................wait, that wasn't you. :lol:

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Stop wining then, rejoice, it could be worse, you could have accepted that one way flight I offered you to Wuhan..................wait, that wasn't you. :lol:

I am neither whining nor wining (whatever that is).

I won't start to become concerned until I have permission from you to do so.

And no. I am pretty sure you offered Dickson a ticket to Wuhan. Or slarti. Or Ricky. Might have been cockles or TPAK thingy.

9 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I am neither whining nor wining (whatever that is).

I won't start to become concerned until I have permission from you to do so.

And no. I am pretty sure you offered Dickson a ticket to Wuhan. Or slarti. Or Ricky. Might have been cockles or TPAK thingy.

Apologies for the typo, was under pressure t get the dishes done, jeezo, not easy being a high flyer like me. :lol:

22 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

100,000 infections worldwide and the graphs I am looking at still look exponential in nature.

That trend should be concerning everyone but Faraway Saint assures us all that it's "just the fecking flu" so I, for one, am reassured.

He is unlikely to understand exponential. 

HUnners and hunners....................

didnae get mad cow disease. didnae get bird flu. didnae get swine flu. expect me tae be scared ae this f**kin coronavirus? its a lot ae shite. a headline the day said "cases in scotland double overnight". aye, fae 3 tae 6 ffs. n sales ae corona beer have went doon, people wilnae buy a chinese. stop bein f**kin media puppets n get a grip. the media are just tryin tae distract us fae aw the main issues; climate change, the shambles that is our government, the fact that fat women keep wearin leggings. its aw a sham!