Russell Brand

shull

4 hours ago, W6er said:

He is. I'm really not a violent person, but there was a time when I found him so annoying and smarmy that had I ever encountered him, the thought of giving him a sore face would have crossed my mind. There are honestly very few people I feel like that about, so when I say I'm not a fan of his, it's a massive understatement. However, that doesn't make him a sexual predator and I find the media accusations levelled at him to be very suspicious.

I picked up a copy of The Metro this morning and he was front page. The way the article was worded implied guilt:

IMG-20230918-WA0000.thumb.jpg.69e6b4fec55b456b42404409789927d1.jpg  

BRAND: WHAT DID TV BOSSES KNOW?

That headline implies there was something unsavoury for them to know. This is based on allegations, remember.

IMG-20230918-WA0002.thumb.jpg.d15f7a9665d35ab7960b3430d478935d.jpg

That second paragraph:

'The ex-BBC and Channel 4 presenter, 48, raped one victim, sexually assaulted two more and groomed a 16-year old...' It's listed these as facts, only at the end of the sentence do we learn that this is a claim made by an investigation.

I found that appalling. Why not begin with 'A bombshell report alleges that Brand...'? People may suggest it's about sensationalising the story in order to sell papers, but The Metro is free. Plus it's the headline that usually attracts interest. I found that very distasteful.

Also, once accusations have been made, many folk will think 'there's no smoke without fire.' He may become another John Leslie, which is very convenient for those who have been the target of his criticism.

We have to remember this guy has found fame by being a womaniser and the pratical joke on Sachs was disgusting.... not difficult...even if planted .... for mud to stick..... so maybe he has a target on his back..... live by sword

19 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

This guy is ruined and hasn’t been charged never mind been to court. Cancel culture on steroids. Kevin Stacey endured a similar situation. 

Credit to you for taking this stance as I detest this abhorrent cancel culture as much as you do.

But it is especially brave of you to defend Russell Brand, who is a self-confessed misogynist who has written two biographies proudly recording how frequently he has been able to manipulate his way to have sex with girls who have fought off his sexual advances. The evidence is out there that Brand is Jimmy Savile #2. The guy is a f**king despicable monster.

This is just the beginning of the story.

14 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

An awful lot of assumptions are being made here, probably similar was said about Cliff Richard, to name one.

Again, IF he's found guilty he deserves all he gets.

IF not, this trial by median and, seemingly, because people dislike him, stinks. 

FS, Brand has proudly boasted in his published books that he has forced his fingers and his penis inside the genitals of females who have resisted his 'charms'. There are no "assumptions", Brand is proud of his achievements and wanted everyone to read about it.

Have you read the quotes from these books recently published in in The Times ? 

7 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

FS, Brand has proudly boasted in his published books that he has forced his fingers and his penis inside the genitals of females who have resisted his 'charms'. There are no "assumptions", Brand is proud of his achievements and wanted everyone to read about it.

Have you read the quotes from these books recently published in in The Times ? 

You're assuming he's 'guilty" of these claims? 

You had the audacity to put him in the same bracket as Saville. 

He's admitted he's had a promiscuous past, as have many members of the public.

I'm not defending him at this stage but your posts sound like you'd burn another human being if the were accused of being a witch. 

Let justice take it's course. 

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

You're assuming he's 'guilty" of these claims? 

You had the audacity to put him in the same bracket as Saville. 

He's admitted he's had a promiscuous past, as have many members of the public.

I'm not defending him at this stage but your posts sound like you'd burn another human being if the were accused of being a witch. 

Let justice take it's course. 

So, you haven't read the quotes from Brand's two books then.

And it's Savile, one 'L'.

On 9/18/2023 at 6:35 PM, W6er said:

He is. I'm really not a violent person, but there was a time when I found him so annoying and smarmy that had I ever encountered him, the thought of giving him a sore face would have crossed my mind. There are honestly very few people I feel like that about, so when I say I'm not a fan of his, it's a massive understatement. However, that doesn't make him a sexual predator and I find the media accusations levelled at him to be very suspicious.

I picked up a copy of The Metro this morning and he was front page. The way the article was worded implied guilt:

IMG-20230918-WA0000.thumb.jpg.69e6b4fec55b456b42404409789927d1.jpg  

BRAND: WHAT DID TV BOSSES KNOW?

That headline implies there was something unsavoury for them to know. This is based on allegations, remember.

IMG-20230918-WA0002.thumb.jpg.d15f7a9665d35ab7960b3430d478935d.jpg

That second paragraph:

'The ex-BBC and Channel 4 presenter, 48, raped one victim, sexually assaulted two more and groomed a 16-year old...' It's listed these as facts, only at the end of the sentence do we learn that this is a claim made by an investigation.

I found that appalling. Why not begin with 'A bombshell report alleges that Brand...'? People may suggest it's about sensationalising the story in order to sell papers, but The Metro is free. Plus it's the headline that usually attracts interest. I found that very distasteful.

Also, once accusations have been made, many folk will think 'there's no smoke without fire.' He may become another John Leslie, which is very convenient for those who have been the target of his criticism.

Anybody who wants to smash a face in because they don't like an entertainer needs help, urgently.

We need to hear the claims of people who feel wronged and I am sure that they are sincere.  There is a lack of balance just now because the likes of Saville, Harris and others were well known and their behaviour tolerated by a media that wanted to befriend these people.  The media are essentially responding to what they think the public think and will react to, so it's reallhy our fault.

John Leslie made a lot of money from property development after his TV demise, his nickname was "the Broughton Shagger" so even if he was innocent he still had a good run

Read that Brand knew this coming since 2017....takes a lot for woman to come forward with a disgusting 2%  rape conviction rate...the guy was a serial slut ....insulting woman... insulting old men...just for self gratification... and thats in front of the cameras  .the guy is guilty of being a terrible excuse of a human being....protected because he makes others money....  so he should be trialed by media and on line.... thats how he gave his spin..... made his millions.... sure he is not convicted but by all accounts he is finished and he can climb off his skewed moral high ground and return to the gutter that is his mind....

Edited by DougJamie

2 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Anybody who wants to smash a face in because they don't like an entertainer needs help, urgently.

We need to hear the claims of people who feel wronged and I am sure that they are sincere.  There is a lack of balance just now because the likes of Saville, Harris and others were well known and their behaviour tolerated by a media that wanted to befriend these people.  The media are essentially responding to what they think the public think and will react to, so it's reallhy our fault.

John Leslie made a lot of money from property development after his TV demise, his nickname was "the Broughton Shagger" so even if he was innocent he still had a good run

A 'sore face' and 'smashing someone's face in' are different. Plus, I would have resisted the temptation, but aye, I found him so thoroughly obnoxious and irritating that giving him a slap would have crossed my mind...and no, I don't think I need help. :) I'm not a violent person, either, and have no criminal convictions to my name and haven't been in a fight for at least a decade.

Why are you sure the claims of those who've been wronged are sincere? That appears to be another way of stating you're convinced of his guilt.

The media are scum. 1,000+ school girls were sexually abused in Rotherham and many of the perpetrators were eventually convicted. Yet their coverage of Brand, who as far as I know has not yet been charged with an offence, seems to have far exceeded the Rotherham abuse scandal. 

14 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Credit to you for taking this stance as I detest this abhorrent cancel culture as much as you do.

But it is especially brave of you to defend Russell Brand, who is a self-confessed misogynist who has written two biographies proudly recording how frequently he has been able to manipulate his way to have sex with girls who have fought off his sexual advances. The evidence is out there that Brand is Jimmy Savile #2. The guy is a f**king despicable monster.

This is just the beginning of the story.

Brave? No, scared yes , I fear that the court of public opinion is being used in this country to overturn the important tenet of law that everyone is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. I am actually surprised that the BBC are so confident in his guilt that they have provided a whole section to him on there site. Your correct it is the beginning of the story and that story and narrative has been taken over by the media. Whether it’s fact or fiction is still to be confirmed. 

2D293955-B273-4D8D-8103-64199D4F1B46.jpeg