Russell Brand

shull

• 1 month later...

2 hours ago, W6er said:

Wow. Just seen this and have to applaud Brand:

Jimmy Savile was outspoken and raised millions for charity. Should he be applauded too?

Brand is very clever - some would argue a manipulative individual. It’s hardly “breaking news” the information he raised in that TV interview. Some of the “allegations” made so far against Brand are disturbing.

Even if this does get to court….

“Since 2016-2017, the number of rapes reported (England and Wales) has increased by 67% from 42,059 up to 70,330. In 2021-2022, only 3.2 % of those were prosecuted (2,223). For those prosecuted, the conviction rate in 2022 was 62%. No statistic can provide a perfect, complete picture. The total reports include ‘historical’ allegations which are usually harder to prove. But the broad indication is that, during 2021-2022, of the 70,330 rapes reported to police only 1,378 led to a conviction. This is a conviction rate of less than 2%.“

1 hour ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Jimmy Savile was outspoken and raised millions for charity. Should he be applauded too?

Brand is very clever - some would argue a manipulative individual. It’s hardly “breaking news” the information he raised in that TV interview. Some of the “allegations” made so far against Brand are disturbing.

“Since 2016-2017, the number of rapes reported (England and Wales) has increased by 67% from 42,059 up to 70,330. In 2021-2022, only 3.2 % of those were prosecuted (2,223). For those prosecuted, the conviction rate in 2022 was 62%. No statistic can provide a perfect, complete picture. The total reports include ‘historical’ allegations which are usually harder to prove. But the broad indication is that, during 2021-2022, of the 70,330 rapes reported to police only 1,378 led to a conviction. This is a conviction rate of less than 2%.“

I don’t really understand the point here AB, should we not be happy that a robust system is in place to deal with rape complaints. Are you suggesting that rape allegations should not go through a robust legal procedure because the conviction rate is low? If so that would end the justice is blind principle and the legal system in the country would become meaningless.

5 hours ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Taken in isolation, of course anybody who raises millions of pounds for charitable causes has done a good thing.  The fact is Saville's charitable causes was considered to be subterfuge for his criminal activities nullifies them, as they were purely for selfish gain.

Firstly, Brand's innocent until proven guilty and as you have stated, these are merely allegations (I'm unsure why you have used quotation marks). Secondly, I find that the timing of them to to be suspicious and perhaps a way for the rich and powerful to discredit him. Julian Assange had sexual allegations levelled at him, which I also find suspicious. It means that folk tend to dismiss the good work done by these people as they're tainted by the nature of the allegations and therefore are immediately assumed to have a poor moral character.

It's the timing of the allegations that's interesting. 

Taken in isolation, of course anybody who raises millions of pounds for charitable causes has done a good thing.  The fact is Saville's charitable causes was considered to be subterfuge for his criminal activities nullifies them, as they were purely for selfish gain.
Firstly, Brand's innocent until proven guilty and as you have stated, these are merely allegations (I'm unsure why you have used quotation marks). Secondly, I find that the timing of them to to be suspicious and perhaps a way for the rich and powerful to discredit him. Julian Assange had sexual allegations levelled at him, which I also find suspicious. It means that folk tend to dismiss the good work done by these people as they're tainted by the nature of the allegations and therefore are immediately assumed to have a poor moral character.

It's the timing of the allegations that's interesting. 

So what were these criminal activities, as in your reckoning regarding brands innocence, Saville was never even charged with anything, never mind convicted.

A lot of folk feel guilty for what has happened to them regarding sexual assaults and it takes then time to find the courage to go to the police to report the attacks.

The me too movement (a very recent campaign) is there to give victims all the help they require.

Brand even boasted on radio immediately after one claimed assualt.

By the way, the earth isn't flat and the lizards aren't running the world.

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

So what were these criminal activities, as in your reckoning regarding brands innocence, Saville was never even charged with anything, never mind convicted.

A lot of folk feel guilty for what has happened to them regarding sexual assaults and it takes then time to find the courage to go to the police to report the attacks.

The me too movement (a very recent campaign) is there to give victims all the help they require.

Brand even boasted on radio immediately after one claimed assualt.

By the way, the earth isn't flat and the lizards aren't running the world.

What's the Earth's curvature got to do with any of this? What a strange comment!

I don't know that Brand is guilty of any criminal activities. He's currently innocent. As for Saville, you're correct he was never convicted! It's very possible that the reason he was never charged with any crime is precisely because he had friends in high places. Likewise, it's very suspicious that the allegations against Brand and Assange have come about because of their criticism of the elite.

It may well be that Brand is guilty of these things. However, even if that is the case, I cannot help but think the allegations are being made known because of his recent stance. Furthermore, I imagine that Epstein Island may well have been a way of controlling certain folk though blackmail. 

Epstein Island isn't some sort of mad conspiracy theory, btw, it's very real. Not only that but his 'suicide' is very suspicious. 

According to The Independent, in 2006 Stephen Hawking was photographed at a barbecue on Little St. James island together with other scientists attending a conference sponsored by Epstein.[25] Later, the island acquired such nicknames as "Island of Sin",[25][16] "Pedophile Island",[26][7] "Orgy Island",[26][7] and "Epstein Island".[27]

According to attorneys for Epstein's alleged victims, Little St. James is where many of the crimes against minors were committed by Epstein and friends who traveled there with him.[28] Court documents allege that then 17-year-old Virginia Roberts was forced by Epstein to have sex with Prince Andrew on several occasions, including as part of an orgy on Little St. James.[16][17] Buckingham Palace has denied this allegation.[29][30] A lawyer for Epstein has described the allegations of orgies by Roberts as "old and discredited".[16]

According to locals, Epstein continued to bring underage girls to the island in 2019, after he was registered as a sex offender.[31] In August 2019, following Epstein's death, FBI agents searched his residence on Little St. James.[32][33]

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Saint_James,_U.S._Virgin_Islands

There was a similar story about MPs that made the press some years ago:

https://theweek.com/society/61473/why-would-there-be-so-many-paedophiles-in-westminster

The People reports that Scotland Yard are investigating three murders linked to an establishment paedophile ring. The two retired detectives say the ring was dubbed The Untouchables because those involved were “too powerful to bring to justice”.

Funnily enough, despite the two detectives coming forward, it all went quiet and I believe the alleged victim was actually jailed for about 15 years (for something like conspiracy to pervert the course of justice).

If you honestly believe Machiavellian shenanigans do not occur in the corridors of power, or that there is an elite so privileged that they're essentially untouchable, then I think you're either very naive, ignorant or possibly short of a shilling; and I don't mean that to sound rude. 

Edited by W6er

10 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

should we not be happy that a robust system is in place to deal with rape complaints. 

Seriously?  The system is as robust as a poppadum!  One accusation about the woman involved and the whole thing crumbles.

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

Saville was never even charged with anything, never mind convicted.

Only because he was "protected" by all sorts of establishment figures.  I doubt that there is anyone of my age that watched TOTP from the beginning that didn't think he was "dodgy old bastard" and shouldn't be surrounded by young girls.

14 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

.  I doubt that there is anyone of my age that watched TOTP from the beginning that didn't think he was "dodgy old bastard" and shouldn't be surrounded by young girls.

That could be said of many of the presenters on TOTP and ì don't recall thinking anything along them lines when he presented Jim'll Fix It. 

Hindsight eh? 

41 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

That could be said of many of the presenters on TOTP and ì don't recall thinking anything along them lines when he presented Jim'll Fix It. 

Hindsight eh? 

Well, I think it's better referred to as 'intuition', however, one cannot bar folk from certain jobs based on a hunch. 

Hindsight eh? 

I did, and I know a few others who did. Then again, opinion isn't proof, no matter what some on here say.

2 hours ago, Slarti said:

I did, and I know a few others who did. Then again, opinion isn't proof, no matter what some on here say.

I watched the two episodes of the Rolf Harris “in plain site” documentary last night. The most interesting part for me was the make up girl who was sexually assaulted on a daily basis by him and didn’t complain because he was “the talent “ she knew he was a sexual deviant and so did the other men who worked around her but did and said nothing because the production company would lose the work and there career’s would be over.