Message to ALL St Mirren Shareholders

I would like to form a group comprising individual The St Mirren Football Club Limited shareholders. Together we own approximately 21% of the Club shares but have no direct representative on the Board, I'd like to change that.

So, If you wish to join the group, can you please send the following information to the email address below

Name

Email Address

Mobile Number

Reply to [email protected]

If shares have been passed to you from family or others or have changed address or email, please also contact me, as I'm trying to find all the missing shareholders.

If you do not want to participate, then I'd still appreciate your support.

Thanks

Ian McLauchlan

COYS

20 minutes ago, Gunni T said:

I would like to form a group comprising individual The St Mirren Football Club Limited shareholders. Together we own approximately 21% of the Club shares but have no direct representative on the Board, I'd like to change that.

So, If you wish to join the group, can you please send the following information to the email address below

Name

Email Address

Mobile Number

If shares have been passed to you from family or others or have changed address or email, please also contact me, as I'm trying to find all the missing shareholders.

Thanks

Ian McLauchlan

COYS

Firstly, out of interest Gunni T, what was the response like when you previously posted re the same subject? And secondly, I'm a member of SMiSA but also one of the 21% you are looking to contact.....is your intention to set up another "block vote" option?  My worry would be that we could be in trouble of "faction building" and potential "divisiveness" at Board level. As "independent" shareholders we already have the opportunity to attend AGM's and question direction of travel, finance etc and can vote on any issues requiring a vote at those meetings. I guess in essence what are you trying to achieve?

1 hour ago, Gunni T said:

Name

Email Address

Mobile Number

Thanks

Ian McLauchlan

COYS

Not all shareholders are St Mirren supporters 

1 hour ago, alanb said:

That will be true due to shares passing through inheritance. But I’m sure the vast majority is owned by St Mirren supporters. 
Two current directors of our club are not St Mirren fans. Gillespie supports Rangers. McMillan supports Celtic.
They have two seats on our club board and only have a minority stake circa 27%.
Next time we play either of those two clubs notice how full the reserved board executive area is compared to any other fixture. 

1 minute ago, Albanian Buddy said:

That will be true due to shares passing through inheritance. But I’m sure the vast majority is owned by St Mirren supporters. 
Two current directors of our club are not St Mirren fans. Gillespie supports Rangers. McMillan supports Celtic.
They have two seats on our club board and only have a minority stake circa 27%.
Next time we play either of those two clubs notice how full the reserved board executive area is compared to any other fixture. 

Why is that the case, do you know?

9 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

I’m not really sure I understand your question. Those individuals represent a multimillion pound business. 
Neither are St Mirren supporters. 

Is Kibble a business? I thought it was a charity. Anyway, my point is surely there's a conflict of interests there? Can lifelong supporters of our competitors be entrusted to make decisions that are in our best interests? I've always assumed all of the board were fans of the club, rather naively it seems. 

Also, with respect to the hospitality when we play the Old Firm, I noticed it had all gone on the day it was released, which I would suggest indicates we're not charging enough. Let's milk them for everything we can.

Also, with respect to the hospitality when we play the Old Firm, I noticed it had all gone on the day it was released, which I would suggest indicates we're not charging enough. Let's milk them for everything we can.

I know of a couple of companies that sponsor our club and they always purchase the hospitality when two glasgow clubs are visiting. Possibly a perk in sponsoring.

On 10/31/2023 at 7:31 PM, Albanian Buddy said:

What's that got to do with anything , that kind of scenario happens the world over ? That kind of attitude is why Todd and Corson were too small-time for Fergie  , and the "we are all St Mirren supporters on the BOD" days are gone at most clubs forever. It was Gillespie who negotiated the deal to bring in SR , do you think it even crossed Robinson's mind that Gillespie didn't support the club growing up ? It's such a narrow minded outlook , much the same as Wardrop's , childlike even !

9 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

I was clearly responding to a previous comment that not all of the minority shareholders (21%) were St Mirren fans. The only criticism I made was that the executive area was full only on matches involving the OF.

So pipe down Billy. 

IMG_4735.thumb.jpeg.ff6962680c2ab992e86eb8c19c37d8fe.jpeg

And you took my comment off on some sort of an anti OF tangent, off topic too.

An anti Kibble shareholding rant would have been off topic too, but we are stuck with them for now.

Whoever the Kibble reps on our board support is irrelevant and off topic.

All board members MUST act in the best interest of the club.

My comment was to highlight the difficulties that the OP would have 

4 minutes ago, alanb said:

An anti Kibble shareholding rant would have been off topic too, but we are stuck with them for now.

I hope you did not think I was having a go at you about what you said. I just tried to put it into perspective. My apologies. 

They are required to by law. That doesn't mean that they will. After all, everyone is required by law to not rob banks.

3 hours ago, Slarti said:
11 hours ago, alanb said:

They are required to by law. That doesn't mean that they will. After all, everyone is required by law to not rob banks.

Robbery may be against the law but getting caught is worse 

Robbery may be against the law but getting caught is worse 
Yep. But my point was that, just because something is against the law (in the case of directors/board members, acting against the best interest of their company), it doesn't stop people doing it.

10 hours ago, Slarti said:

Yep. But my point was that, just because something is against the law (in the case of directors/board members, acting against the best interest of their company), it doesn't stop people doing it.

Yeah, ah know!!

Proof that just typing words on social media can be so insufficient re nuance

On 10/31/2023 at 4:03 PM, Gunni T said:

Name

Email Address

Mobile Number

Thanks

Ian McLauchlan

COYS

Good luck with that

On 10/31/2023 at 5:52 PM, alanb said:

And not all shareholders are keen on fan ownership.  Don't you think there are factions within SMISA as there is a thread running on who did what, and to whom, and who supports this and that and it's all so tedious.  I thought that when I retired I left behind petty office politics!

Edited by rabuddies

1 hour ago, rabuddies said:

And not all shareholders are keen on fan ownership.  Don't you think there are factions within SMISA as there is a thread running on who did what, and to whom, and who supports this and that and it's all so tedious.  I thought that when I retired I left behind petty office politics!

I was referring to those who inherited shares having no affinity and in some cases hatred of our club

As for SMiSA, they are welcome to each other, good and bad.