In Dublin's Fair City

shull

7 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Heading out to the game so don’t have much time to look at all your points, however it’s good to discuss these issues like adults. I like many others gave up on the BBC and ITV a long time ago due to their patent bias. I think if you were really honest with yourself you may well agree. With the rise of online content comes risks and opportunities, if you are a middle of the road person like myself then you can look at both sectors and come up with your own verdict. With this in mind I think the interview below sums up very accurately the causes of the riots. I very much agree with both commentators who both give differing opinions. Sorry FS it’s from YouTube…..

My concern about You Tube is it's very much like the Wild West and, as experienced during the pandemic, is a minefield and can easily show all sorts of worrying content.

When you get a media source that's close to a free for all it gives extremists/wallopers a license to spout their dangerous views which, in turn, breeds more extremists/wallopers. 

I rarely (next to never TBH) use it for anything other than music or sports.

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

My concern about You Tube is it's very much like the Wild West and, as experienced during the pandemic, is a minefield and can easily show all sorts of worrying content.

When you get a media source that's close to a free for all it gives extremists/wallopers a license to spout their dangerous views which, in turn, breeds more extremists/wallopers. 

I rarely (next to never TBH) use it for anything other than music or sports.

Since humans started communicating either by word of mouth or the written version different opinions/narratives are presented.

Just look at what views the Bible and the Koran present to different audiences and the extreme ways they are interpreted. 

Why can’t we all just get along with each other?

…….Ya bunch of cnuts. 😜 

3 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Sorry Portmahomack you’ve lost me? The articles say one was 33 years old and on the other 23 year old . I didn’t see any comment on when they arrived in Ireland. It was a 2am post so if it’s inaccurate I will retract it. 

No the articles didn't say that, but you did a typical misleading statement we have come to expect from the Pitchfork brigade,  they both weren't new to the country one came to Ireland when he was 6 who just happens to be mentally deranged... 

2 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

No the articles didn't say that, but you did a typical misleading statement we have come to expect from the Pitchfork brigade,  they both weren't new to the country one came to Ireland when he was 6 who just happens to be mentally deranged... 

Two questions, who is we ? And who is the pitchfork brigade? I explained to you it was a late night post and I didn’t check the individual history of the two young men. I made an assumption based on the known demographics of immigrants to Ireland (male, single, 16-45) Ireland has seen a rise in population via immigration of around 25% since 2016, I assumed wrongly he was one of these people. 

1 hour ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Two questions, who is we ? And who is the pitchfork brigade? I explained to you it was a late night post and I didn’t check the individual history of the two young men. I made an assumption based on the known demographics of immigrants to Ireland (male, single, 16-45) Ireland has seen a rise in population via immigration of around 25% since 2016, I assumed wrongly he was one of these people. 

[a] Fair minded folk who don't jump to conclusions

Angry Jim Henson GIF by Muppet Wiki 

Apology excepted, A lesson learned those type of social media posts could cause a riot 

7 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

From the IT article you appeared to have gotten your  information from

"Palani, who is originally from Iraq and came to Ireland with his family when he was six years old, repeatedly insisted he was not gay despite forensic evidence showing he engaged in sexual activity with at least one victim."

Hardly a failure of multiculturism or uncontrolled migration, is it?  and it took me seconds to find that piece.  So please, retract away to your heart's content.

I'm not sure what you're referring to. Have you quoted me by mistake? 

I'm typing this on my phone, so will be brief. 

Immigration is an emotive and divisive topic. It's happening regardless of my own opinion, which is that it is not a net benefit. I am unlikely to be convinced otherwise. 

I fully understand why people want to come to Europe and I don't blame them, especially those from the Middle East, given the carnage resulting from our masters' illegal wars there. However, I sympathise with the protesters (not the rioters), who feel that they have not been listened to. 

That's my final word on the subject. 

About immigration.

The BBC offers this.. pretty clear… explanation on the subject that right wing politicians stir up unjustified shite about (to appeal to numbskulls, obviously).

I am not a fan of Ms Kuensberg, so maybe this is her, at last, seeing she was conned by The Buffooon and other Tories.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67530919

16 hours ago, W6er said:

I'm not sure what you're referring to. Have you quoted me by mistake? 

I'm typing this on my phone, so will be brief. 

Immigration is an emotive and divisive topic. It's happening regardless of my own opinion, which is that it is not a net benefit. I am unlikely to be convinced otherwise. 

I fully understand why people want to come to Europe and I don't blame them, especially those from the Middle East, given the carnage resulting from our masters' illegal wars there. However, I sympathise with the protesters (not the rioters), who feel that they have not been listened to. 

That's my final word on the subject. 

Apologies, i meant to quote Albion Saint who is currently suffering plantars fasciitis from an uncontrolled bout of pinhead dancing.

19 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

The actual article you quoted from confirmed that the guy who killed gays was in the country from the age of 6

You should know that data sets which make up "known demographics" are indeed facts and while they may be interpreted in different ways they are never a safe basis for "assumption"

4 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

The actual article you quoted from confirmed that the guy who killed gays was in the country from the age of 6

You should know that data sets which make up "known demographics" are indeed facts and while they may be interpreted in different ways they are never a safe basis for "assumption"

If it’s any consolation to you my cilice is itching like hell! I am not the first and won’t be the last to post stuff on here without fact checking. It did remind me of a story that a colleague told me some years ago, he moved from Glenburn to inchinnan, he was in the local pub and someone asked how long he had lived in the village? He said 20 years and the local said “ oh just a newcomer then” 

42 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

If it’s any consolation to you my cilice is itching like hell! I am not the first and won’t be the last to post stuff on here without fact checking. It did remind me of a story that a colleague told me some years ago, he moved from Glenburn to inchinnan, he was in the local pub and someone asked how long he had lived in the village? He said 20 years and the local said “ oh just a newcomer then” 

O worked at the tyres and can confirm that people born in the hospital in Paisley were branded interlopers when taken home by the parents

It appears that the Dublin attacker was arrested in April for possession of a knife and went to court in May. He may have been motivated by a recent decrease in his benefits and was not politically or religiously aligned. The attack was not impulsive as he waited behind the crèche for ten minutes prior to the attack. He was given a deportation order in 2003 (don’t know why) and overturned it in 2008 with help of NGO. He was then naturalised as Irish. Oh and Connor Mcgregor is not happy about it all. All this information is available from the Irish times, Sunday times and Irish mirror. Nothing on the BBC about it since the riot story 2 days ago. 

Edited by ALBIONSAINT
Spelling