Dundee versus St Mirren

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, 3 moffat buds said:

Ordered tickets today to be posted out and when I got the confirmation of the purchase I got a message thanking me for the purchase of my 2021/22 season ticket. 😀

Lol I got that too. Last time I got posted was the Hibs game and they arrived 2 weeks after the game! Had to get them off the FLO. 

They are in your st Mirren app if you have one just with no seat so no sure if that would work. 

Edited by exiledfan

4 hours ago, guinness said:

Trying t o buy tickets online. Do you have to either have them posted yourself or the St Mirren ticket office? Can they not be printed out athome? Apologies if I am being an arse but this seems odd. Am I missing something obvious?.

the tickets are only sold as paper tickets by Dundee FC, saints handle the cash and send out the tickets

they rarely arrive though, you usually have to seek out the SLO outside the gate to pick up a duplicate, they usually have dozens if not hundreds to issue, but you MUST get the saints ticket office to issue a reprint 2-3 days in advance to do this

23 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

the tickets are only sold as paper tickets by Dundee FC, saints handle the cash and send out the tickets

they rarely arrive though, you usually have to seek out the SLO outside the gate to pick up a duplicate, they usually have dozens if not hundreds to issue, but you MUST get the saints ticket office to issue a reprint 2-3 days in advance to do this

Cheers. They seem to go out of their way to make it difficult.

2 hours ago, exiledfan said:

Lol I got that too. Last time I got posted was the Hibs game and they arrived 2 weeks after the game! Had to get them off the FLO. 

They are in your st Mirren app if you have one just with no seat so no sure if that would work. 

I don’t have any faith in the post either but there is no way I was making a 120 odd mile round trip to pick them up.

1 hour ago, guinness said:

Cheers. They seem to go out of their way to make it difficult.

Of the last 5 tickets that I ordered paper copies of, only 2 actually arrived.  2 home and one way game tickets I had to either arrive early at our stadium for a pick up or meet the SLOs at an away ground.  For the last game at Dens I had to drive the 50 miles to Paisley a few days before just for the collection.  I don't think they try to make it hard, there just seems to be no will to find a better delivery method.  The club blames the royal mail for no-shows but for  a £2.50 postal fee they could send by another carrier.

47 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Of the last 5 tickets that I ordered paper copies of, only 2 actually arrived.  2 home and one way game tickets I had to either arrive early at our stadium for a pick up or meet the SLOs at an away ground.  For the last game at Dens I had to drive the 50 miles to Paisley a few days before just for the collection.  I don't think they try to make it hard, there just seems to be no will to find a better delivery method.  The club blames the royal mail for no-shows but for  a £2.50 postal fee they could send by another carrier.

You are right it is all a bit amateurish. For another 55p they could send tickets out by Royal Mail 1st class post with a guaranteed delivery target or by another courier.  Given that there many fans like us who don’t live near Greenhill Road they could make a bit more of an effort to get tickets out in plenty of time.

3 hours ago, 3 moffat buds said:

I don’t have any faith in the post either but there is no way I was making a 120 odd mile round trip to pick them up.

Surely in 2024 we should be able to have a centralised SPFL app for away games that fans can purchase away tickets.  I get fed up remembering all my log ins for different clubs or relying on a shit postal service. 

They are printing these in our ticket office rather than getting paper from Dundee 

Which does beg a question on why they waited until 10 days before the game ( more than a week after Dundee started sales for home fans)  to issue the tickets

on the plus side my ticket arrived only 2 days after ordering 

1 minute ago, beyond our ken said:

They are printing these in our ticket office rather than getting paper from Dundee 

Which does beg a question on why they waited until 10 days before the game ( more than a week after Dundee started sales for home fans)  to issue the tickets

on the plus side my ticket arrived only 2 days after ordering 

Perhaps they are printing them to speed up the process. You have to remember that Saints get nothing from these sales.

2 hours ago, Hunterian said:

You could be missing out on a classic. Dundee beginning to believe their own press as is so called ‘Tony Doc’.

Biggest game of the season, I'd be there but got a prior engagement. 

The atmosphere will be electric. They have had a brilliant season and the manager deserves a lot of credit. 

He's on the local radio up here on a regular basis and comes across pretty well. 

They are having a brilliant season thanks to throwing Finances out the window if the paper stories are correct. Dangerous game and will Uefa FFP rules bite them even if they get 5th (which hopefully we seal against them)

5 hours ago, Swiss_Saint said:

They are having a brilliant season thanks to throwing Finances out the window if the paper stories are correct. Dangerous game and will Uefa FFP rules bite them even if they get 5th (which hopefully we seal against them)

Are you serious. Dundee would never throw money away on silly wages!

11 hours ago, Swiss_Saint said:

IF they have broken any rules then they deserve anything that comes their way.

There's a fine line between spending to continually improve and being "thrifty" and going down the league.

A good manager is the key difference in these issues and next weekend's game, IMO, will throw two decent managers together in a game that could easily decide who gets European football. 

On 4/30/2024 at 7:27 AM, Hunterian said:

You could be missing out on a classic. Dundee beginning to believe their own press as is so called ‘Tony Doc’.

Yeah, you're right.  I buy a season ticket every year and don't miss many home matches.  I can't afford to go to as many away matches as I used to and I'm saving up for a special holiday in the next two to three years so any overtime I get really is a great help to me.

Regarding Tony Docherty, I think he thoroughly deserves his nomination for Manager of the Year.  When we came up from the league below in the past, we haven't become a top six side immediately.  Tony Docherty took over after the previous manager had left and he's done exceptionally well with the players he inherited and brought in.

We definitely need all three points on Saturday, that is a must.  A draw would keep things as they were but if we were to lose then Dundee would be in pole position as they say and this forum would become complete and utter carnage.

Edited by BigYardsAndBasher

15 hours ago, BigYardsAndBasher said:

Yeah, you're right.  I buy a season ticket every year and don't miss many home matches.  I can't afford to go to as many away matches as I used to and I'm saving up for a special holiday in the next two to three years so any overtime I get really is a great help to me.

Regarding Tony Docherty, I think he thoroughly deserves his nomination for Manager of the Year.  When we came up from the league below in the past, we haven't become a top six side immediately.  Tony Docherty took over after the previous manager had left and he's done exceptionally well with the players he inherited and brought in.

We definitely need all three points on Saturday, that is a must.  A draw would keep things as they were but if we were to lose then Dundee would be in pole position as they say and this forum would become complete and utter carnage.

Have we ever had Dundee’s budget? It’s an old chestnut but if they did what they needed to do they’d be scrapping with County.

Faraway has eluded to budget pressures on Dundee, again they’re an accident waiting to happen.

We’re much better run.

This in no way means I’m in disagreement though.

1 hour ago, Hunterian said:

Have we ever had Dundee’s budget? It’s an old chestnut but if they did what they needed to do they’d be scrapping with County.

Faraway has eluded to budget pressures on Dundee, again they’re an accident waiting to happen.

We’re much better run.

This in no way means I’m in disagreement though.

I agree with you.