Winter Anarchy

Bud the Baker

Been heartwarming to hear the stories of the selfless people who have helped out their communities and strangers amid the adverse weather conditions in the past few days.
However, I have been absolutely disgusted to witness the greedy, selfish behaviour of a lot of people in supermarkets.
Next time you load your trolley with 14 loaves and 12 litres of milk, please stop and think of the folk who have struggled to get to a store...only to find empty shelves.
Supermarkets can place a restriction on the quantities customers can buy on their "special offers", so why can't they do the decent thing and apply these restrictions when there are going to be shortages.
Hope their bread goes mouldy and their milk turns soor.
Maybe the person buying all the bread and milk is buying it for his/hers neighbours who are old and can't get to the shop.

Just now, renfrew said:
1 hour ago, faraway saint said:
Been heartwarming to hear the stories of the selfless people who have helped out their communities and strangers amid the adverse weather conditions in the past few days.
However, I have been absolutely disgusted to witness the greedy, selfish behaviour of a lot of people in supermarkets.
Next time you load your trolley with 14 loaves and 12 litres of milk, please stop and think of the folk who have struggled to get to a store...only to find empty shelves.
Supermarkets can place a restriction on the quantities customers can buy on their "special offers", so why can't they do the decent thing and apply these restrictions when there are going to be shortages.

Maybe the person buying all the bread and milk is buying it for his/hers neighbours who are old and can't get to the shop.

I felt guilty buying 4 loaves the other day.........especially as there were only 8 left.But as Renfrew says....1 for us,1 for my mother,1 for Mother in Law and 1 for an old aunt.

Am i bad?

19 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Dunno what the fuss is all aboot, there WAS loads of milk when i went tae the shops earlier.

IMG_1619.JPG

Corkys Ethnic Minority Retail Emporium up the West End emptied Aldi of bread and milk on Thursday......to sell in their own shop.

That sort of thing should be stopped.

Edited by HSS

8 minutes ago, renfrew said:
1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Maybe they wurnie. :byebye

20 minutes ago, HSS said:

Corkys Ethnic Minority Retail Emporium up the West End emptied Aldi of bread and milk on Thursday......to sell in their own shop.

That sort of thing should be stopped.

Profiteering has been around since the year dot.

perhaps because said convenience store re-stocked from Aldi, a lot of people who had no way of getting to Aldi got what they needed on their doorstep? Alwyas more than one way to look at it.

i dug the motor out on thursday, waited for the plough to pass a couple of times and a lull in the blizzards and drove to aldi. Eight cars in the car park, five of them looked abandoned, shop earily quiet, shelves groaning with bread, milk and all the fresh products and the staff en masse reducing tons of stuff that was just never going to get sold, all though there were a lot of people who needed it!

that corner shop just might have been providing a much needed service and reducing food waste!

11 minutes ago, shull said:

That's the hill to the Mossheights and and also the hill to 150 Berryknowes Avenue gritted now. :clapping

Were a problem accessing yesterday, not now.

That's nice. :whistle

Horrible morning, over cast, light snow falling mixed with drizzle.

Another day in, heating bill's going to be interesting. 

Guest TPAFKATS

The back road to Hillington from arkleston/Gallowhill was a riot this morning. Still not cleared properly with large amounts of snow blocking either carriageway at various points.
The junction of the road that goes over towards David lloyd had about 10 ft of snow ploughed up around it.

4 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

The back road to Hillington from arkleston/Gallowhill was a riot this morning. Still not cleared properly with large amounts of snow blocking either carriageway at various points.
The junction of the road that goes over towards David lloyd had about 10 ft of snow ploughed up around it.

I went down it at the weekend and there was only room for 1 car altho there was passing places cut into the snow drifts.It was like driving on a giant Bobsleigh track. :lol:

Guest TPAFKATS
I went down it at the weekend and there was only room for 1 car altho there was passing places cut into the snow drifts.It was like driving on a giant Bobsleigh track. [emoji38]
Still the same this morning, just a bit busier about 9 am [emoji32]

Guest TPAFKATS
Here we f'kin go again.:wacko:
Never realised more snow was forecast. That'll explain the panic buying yesterday - no bread, milk, eggs, chicken or crackers(?!?) in Morrisons and Aldi last night.

12 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Just seen a nurse on the One Show who walked 3 hours to get into work last week, a medal is deserved. :clapping

I don't know about deserving a medal for watching the One Show, but suggest you might want to arrange a mental health assessment.

Tesco early - shelves full. :)

Went to buy Hot Cross Buns (no longer one a penny, two a penny :spud5) but there were no packets of ordinary buns - they were all extra cinnamon or with Belgian chocolate or maple syrup - why can't I have some with nothing fancy added! :spud5:fire

In general the above is a personal bugbear of mine especially the M&S adverts which say this isn't just shit its glazed shit with extra raisins - if people want to add something fancy let them do it themselves!:spud5

FFS - An advert for Hot Cross Buns on the screen, Big Brother must've gone into advertising. :wasntme

Edited by Bud the Baker