Season Tickets 2018/2019 Make sure you can watch the Saints

3 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Renfrew. 

Average gates for Hamilton have risen this year. 

Are you saying that pricing is irrelevant? 

Home support is poor, always have been and always will be. Any if any increase in home numbers will be very small.

3 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Why? Crowds rose rapidly during Fergie's time. Why not now? Just asking.

Fergie's era was at a time before Bosman ruling came in, major tv deals and the death of loyalty to football clubs. Aberdeen and Dundee United would go on to have excellent runs in Europe a few years later.

Now competitive football is dead, money has destroyed it and loyalty is rare. Our clubs cannot compete like they used to in Europe. In the Fergie days we may have possibly held onto McLean, Mallan, McAllister, Naismith, Morgan and J.McGinn.  Football is very different these days, and the only time we have a player at his best will be because he isn't good enough to play at a higher level than where we are at.

42 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Fergie's era was at a time before Bosman ruling came in, major tv deals and the death of loyalty to football clubs. Aberdeen and Dundee United would go on to have excellent runs in Europe a few years later.

Now competitive football is dead, money has destroyed it and loyalty is rare. Our clubs cannot compete like they used to in Europe. In the Fergie days we may have possibly held onto McLean, Mallan, McAllister, Naismith, Morgan and J.McGinn.  Football is very different these days, and the only time we have a player at his best will be because he isn't good enough to play at a higher level than where we are at.

You have a point Cornwall but my feeling is that there is a quiet but definite interest in attending live games. I also want to see us play against the highest opposition possible and see the calibre of players they have. There is also a quiet but growing sense of locality, community .. call it what you like but Saints are,I feel part of this, as are Hearts and Motherwell.

Was going to give up my season ticket next season but after talking to the wife and having someone who can stand in for me at work through the winter months for some games I'm now going to renew the season ticket Saturday highlighted what a big part of life St Mirren is to me. Always an emotional roller coaster of a love but have a feeling Jack Ross backed with the board will put out a team that will improve previous seasons in the top flight.

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

1 hour ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

According to Josh (one of the young guys behind the W7 section) the whole of the West Stand will be for Saints fans only with STs going on sale for W7 (and presumably W6).

Haven't seen anything official but perhaps his group have been tipped the wink.

North and South stand then to you know who :rolleyes:

On 02/05/2018 at 5:45 PM, St.Ricky said:

Happy to donate Josh. 

You guys make a difference. 

Have Donated Josh. Keep up the good work. 

Home fans allocated Main and West Stand for games against the OF. 

I know that I will be renewing my season ticket as soon as they come out along with 3 for the rest of my family. 

Looks like the board are working on a home support up to or below 4500

Edited by St.Ricky

I also will be buying a season ticket for next season. First I'll have bought in 18 years. The club has improved, shown imagination and has a  great manager who has energised the support. Although they are clearly not cheap, purchasing a ST will be me buying into what the club, the manager and team want to achieve. 

The enthusiasm from Jack and the success of his team, deserve part time supporters (10 home games) like me, to dig deep, buy a season ticket and invest in the hopes of the club.  If we want top 6, then it needs fans to spend their money and turn up.

there must be a couple of thousand part time fans like me who sit at home listening to some games on the tranny. The season just past deserves us to make more of an effort. Jack and his team deserve that. 

It is clear that many fans will show their appreciation for this recent success and ambition.  More fans will buy season tickets, despite knowing full well it is highly unlikely that we'll see quite as many victories next season. 

If we want to see success and see Saints compete well again in the top league....fans like myself need to show up more often. If I buy a ST then I'll be doing just that. We need hundreds of others to do the same.  Just say yes.  Invest, turn up, dream and believe.  

On 23/04/2018 at 2:55 PM, St.Ricky said:

Demand for season tickets will rise for season 2018/2019.

We have gone from under 3000 to 3600 to 4447 average gates in the past three seasons and this rise looks set to continue even if results are more challenging in the top league as

Away teams will bring more fans and lack of segregation facilities mean that the North Stand will be for Away Fans only, As an estimate we are likely to average around 750-1000 away fans.

The singing section in W7 has been a success in my opinion. We can make sure this remains and there is no over spill into the West Stand when the biggest away supports come.

I will be buying a Senior, Student and 2 Adult Season Tickets whereas this past season I bought only 1 Season Ticket and the others came along on a pay per game basis.

The Solution is simple and in the hands of the Home Support. Lets just buy out the tickets for the Main Stand and West Stand - Approximately 4500 I think and "Continue On Our Way!"

Deals for the family stand should continue to be very attractive and guest tickets issued to schools and clubs.

Or can you think of other ways to ensure we keep the away fans in the North Stand only without the club losing opportunities to bring in money? 

ideas wanted.... 

Dundee had sold 1800 season tickets by 30 April....... And at that time they didn't know if they would stay in the Premiership

Their 2018/19 kit is on sale. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Details;

https://www.stmirren.com/news/club/club-news/1863-season-tickets-2018-19

Headlines;

Adult season ticket for West and Main Stand, early bird is £299, which is £4 more than it was in our last season in the top flight
Adult early bird offers £119 saving on walk up matchday pricing, so my arithmetic says gate price will be £22 for an adult next season
Family stand adult season ticket is £235 so the loss of the Rangers & Celtic games is valued at £64
New season ticket rate for "Young Adults" in the 18-21 age group across all stands
2 kids still go free with every adult ticket in the family stand
Club working with Interstadia to improve online ticketing website
New scanners will be fitted to all turnstyles in time for new season
PAYG fans will be able to buy and download mobile tickets direct to Smartphone wallets and scan phone to gain entry

Think that's it. Looks good and fair to me?

Time to plan our purchases!

West Stand Early Bird

1 OAP        £140

1 Student £140

2 Adults    £598

The furore over the South Stand Allocation aside this looks to be pretty fair.

Edited by St.Ricky

Much as I reckon football is overpriced here in general, the prices seem pretty reasonable.

I've hummed and hawed about getting a ST again, but have an issue in terms of deciding where to sit as there are unlikely to be any decent seats available close to mates.

Will be interesting to see if there are any deals for South Stand season ticket holders for the OF games or whether having a season ticket plus having to pay for OF games separately actually works out dearer than a season ticket for elsewhere in the ground. 

Families welcome unless we can sell tickets to the OF. 

9 minutes ago, Drew said:

Much as I reckon football is overpriced here in general, the prices seem pretty reasonable.

I've hummed and hawed about getting a ST again, but have an issue in terms of deciding where to sit as there are unlikely to be any decent seats available close to mates.

Think there will be quite a few West Stand buds relocating to W6 and W7 now, which will in turn free up blocks of seats probably in W4 and W5 mostly. The downside is you won't know which seats are available until the early bird pricing is finished.

7 minutes ago, Drew said:

Early sign up to get the best possible choice will be my strategy as our plan is to have a further 3 family members signed up this time round.