Poor R*ngers Theads Merged.....

bluto

Rick. Im just playing here but what if Newco bid £5m for 100% St Mirren FC and as part of the deal they agreed to donate Greenhill Road and all rights of access to the Ralston Academy to 10000hours.

The shareholders would be happy, r*ngers would be happy, the SPL would be happy and the Paisley Community would be happy.... Wouldnt it?

A new club - St Mirren Community Football Club could then seek election to the SFL, operate as a part time club developing young talent, offer much cheaper admission prices and be run with the Community for the benefit of the Community.

I wouldn't be happy. I want a successful St.Mirren team playing in the SPL. Hopefully playing on a level playing field.

I know you were mischief making but real St.Mirren fans love our old club and as far as I'm concerned r*ngers and the Paisley community can go to hell if our team was to be compromised like that. r*ngers can go to hell anyway.

I wouldn't be happy. I want a successful St.Mirren team playing in the SPL. Hopefully playing on a level playing field.

I know you were mischief making but real St.Mirren fans love our old club and as far as I'm concerned r*ngers and the Paisley community can go to hell if our team was to be compromised like that. r*ngers can go to hell anyway.

Yes OK Rick, but put yourself in the shoes of Gimour, McAusland, Campbell, Purves and Marshall. They've had their 98,000 shares up for sale now for nearly 3 years. In that time there has been very little prospect of them achieving their asking price of £2m. Over recent years the club has failed to make a profit although it has in the main balanced the books whilst benefiting from an above market value TV deal first from Setanta and now from Sky and ESPN and from advertising and sponsorship revenues that those levels of TV coverage brings with it.

Scottish Football now faces a very uncertain future. r*ngers going into liquidation could well see increased support and revenue for all the remaining SPL clubs but that seems speculative to say the least. No-one appears to know what would happen with the TV deal if there are no Old Firm matches and if that goes a pile of sponsorship and advertising revenue will go with it. If the consortium were struggling to get their asking price before now - it's going to be absolutely impossible to get it in the short to medium term if we have an SPL without r*ngers.

Their one last prospect is to sell to a group working on behalf of r*ngers whether it's these Blue Knights or the Supporters Trust who would value St Mirren's SPL status at a far higher rate than any of the clubs current assets.

Rick, I love my house. I've got a strong emotional bond with it and a lot of happy memories. Unlike the consortium shares my house isn't up for sale and I haven't been touting it around looking for a buyer - but if one day, suddenly, someone turned up at my door with a legal offer to buy my house for two or three times it's market value you can bet your life we'd have the removal men in as quickly as we possibly could. There may be an emotional attachment to the five sellers in the consortium, but ultimately this would just be another business transaction to businessmen.

Yes OK Rick, but put yourself in the shoes of Gimour, McAusland, Campbell, Purves and Marshall. They've had their 98,000 shares up for sale now for nearly 3 years. In that time there has been very little prospect of them achieving their asking price of £2m. Over recent years the club has failed to make a profit although it has in the main balanced the books whilst benefiting from an above market value TV deal first from Setanta and now from Sky and ESPN and from advertising and sponsorship revenues that those levels of TV coverage brings with it.

Scottish Football now faces a very uncertain future. r*ngers going into liquidation could well see increased support and revenue for all the remaining SPL clubs but that seems speculative to say the least. No-one appears to know what would happen with the TV deal if there are no Old Firm matches and if that goes a pile of sponsorship and advertising revenue will go with it. If the consortium were struggling to get their asking price before now - it's going to be absolutely impossible to get it in the short to medium term if we have an SPL without r*ngers.

Their one last prospect is to sell to a group working on behalf of r*ngers whether it's these Blue Knights or the Supporters Trust who would value St Mirren's SPL status at a far higher rate than any of the clubs current assets.

Rick, I love my house. I've got a strong emotional bond with it and a lot of happy memories. Unlike the consortium shares my house isn't up for sale and I haven't been touting it around looking for a buyer - but if one day, suddenly, someone turned up at my door with a legal offer to buy my house for two or three times it's market value you can bet your life we'd have the removal men in as quickly as we possibly could. There may be an emotional attachment to the five sellers in the consortium, but ultimately this would just be another business transaction to businessmen.

Stu, I would be very disappointed if our directors sold out to Newco r*ngers but if they are offered crazy money who would blame them? If I had a substantial shareholding and was offered £2m. for my shares when the intrinsic value was quarter of that, I would probably sell too. I'd feel like a shit for the rest of my life mind you. I suppose my remarks were addressed to my fellow Saints' fans who repeatedly say that SG would never sell to any r*ngers consortium at any price. I don't believe it.

I know what you mean about your house. In the early 80's the training manager in the company I worked for lived near Kendal in the Lake District. His brother was a very successful butcher in Birmingham, with a string of shops. He sold out and decided to move up to the Lakes to be near his brother. He bought an old lodge house and spent a lot of money doing it up. When the work was done he reckoned that it was probably worth about £400k. He had heard that some Arab sheik was moving into the district and he had barely moved in when he got a letter from a solicitor asking would he be interested in selling. It was the house of his dreams so he phoned the solicitor and said no way. A couple of days later my pal Geoff was at his brother's house, when a Rolls Royce drove up to the front door. Out stepped an Arab sheik in his full flowing robes.. He said to Geoff's brother, 'I would like to buy your house'. The fellow said,'Sorry, I don't want to sell.' Upon which the Arab produced a cheque book.'Shall we say £1m?' And Geoff's brother said.'I'll get you a pen.'

I posted yesterday that something new was crawling out of the woodwork every day and today is no exception. We knew about the £3.6m. in the bank but from what the BBC have said there are umpteen people claiming it including HMRC. I can't imagine the high court agreeing today to give it to anyone, least of all r*ngers. If they genuinely need the cash to complete this season's fixtures, this could the final nail.

I posted yesterday that something new was crawling out of the woodwork every day and today is no exception. We knew about the £3.6m. in the bank but from what the BBC have said there are umpteen people claiming it including HMRC. I can't imagine the high court agreeing today to give it to anyone, least of all r*ngers. If they genuinely need the cash to complete this season's fixtures, this could the final nail.

Further discussion of that sum has already been punted into next week, so you're right. :)

Case set for march 30th. And may take four days.

Edited by bluto

Saw that article on the beeb site earlier. Even funnier when you think that it will be we urra peepil bawbags that end up getting fleeced by their own club. I have yet to speak to a scumgers fan that is feeling anything but rage and disgust towards everything about their club at the moment. Permanent damage has been done to the support and ultimately the brand....happy days!!!

Saw that article on the beeb site earlier. Even funnier when you think that it will be we urra peepil bawbags that end up getting fleeced by their own club. I have yet to speak to a scumgers fan that is feeling anything but rage and disgust towards everything about their club at the moment. Permanent damage has been done to the support and ultimately the brand....happy days!!!

But even more to come. If they do go into liquidation then any newco could never be admitted strait away that means who ever sets up a new club will not have any continuity of history. So there is no way they can be treated as a special case cos their Hungers, because they won;t be. What would be really funny is if rival newco companies fought over getting into the SFL/SPL. You can see it now P.Murrey V King V Sir Minty Murrey V Whytie. Could be hilarious. A bit like watching Goian trying to defend

But even more to come. If they do go into liquidation then any newco could never be admitted strait away that means who ever sets up a new club will not have any continuity of history. So there is no way they can be treated as a special case cos their Hungers, because they won;t be. What would be really funny is if rival newco companies fought over getting into the SFL/SPL. You can see it now P.Murrey V King V Sir Minty Murrey V Whytie. Could be hilarious. A bit like watching Goian trying to defend

You realise, of course, that none of them would be considered fit persons to front a newco? Having all been tainted by a club that had gone into liquidation in the past 5 years.... and I believe King is under some form of legal restraint from SA about how he uses his assets in the Uk.... ? :unsure:

If Neil Doncaster gets his way then the 5 man SPL board who will vote of whether newco r*ngers can take the place of RFC in the SPL straight away will be:

Neil Doncaster (SPL chief executive)

Ralph Topping (SPL chairman and also CEO of William Hills Bookmakers)

Eric Riley (c*ltic FC representative)

Derek Weir (Motherwell FC representative)

Steven Brown (St Johnstone's new chairman)

What odds on Neil Doncaster holding the view that Scottish football can't survive and thrive without a strong r*ngers in the SPL, or wanting to renegotiate all the TV deals and sponsorship which assume r*ngers will be part of the SPL? What odds on the CEO of William Hills not letting a newco r*ngers and their fanbase placing bets on their team with his company into the SPL and waiting to see if the SFL would admit them to their set up if the SPL don't? What odds on Eric Riley voting to lose 4 OF games per season if newco r*ngers aren't in the SPL? 60% of the votes are held by Old Firm club reps or people with no involvement with Scottish football until less than 3 years ago and with a vested interest in seeing r*ngers continue as an SPL club.

A unanimous decision is not required. Newco r*ngers could be admitted into the SPL with the votes of Doncaster, Topping and Riley alone on a 3-2 majority vote if Brown and Weir vote against or a smaller majority is some of the board abstain from casting a vote.

Clubs left without a say if Doncaster gets his way: Aberdeen, Dundee United, Dunfermline, Hearts, Hibs, Inverness, Kilmarnock and St Mirren. All 4 of r*ngers SPL football creditors have no say even though they are owed over £1m between them (Hearts, Dundee United, Dunfermline and Inverness). The teams facing the threat of relegation in place of a liquidated r*ngers also have no vote on the matter also: Dunfermline and Hibs.

I certainly share your concern about the 'board' alone being the ones taking such a big decision, but I have been amazed and heartened by the pretty well unanimous attitude of Shellic fans on RTC : they all want a Div 3 start for newco - at least. And they all seem convinced that there is no way that the owners of Shellic would collude on letting them off scot- free. They seem certain of that.

Indeed their main concern is that it's the other cash-strapped 10 that will cave in, cos of the (false, IMHO) financial hit that they fear,

I certainly share your concern about the 'board' alone being the ones taking such a big decision, but I have been amazed and heartened by the pretty well unanimous attitude of Shellic fans on RTC : they all want a Div 3 start for newco - at least. And they all seem convinced that there is no way that the owners of Shellic would collude on letting them off scot- free. They seem certain of that.

Indeed their main concern is that it's the other cash-strapped 10 that will cave in, cos of the (false, IMHO) financial hit that they fear,

I think that Riley will either vote to let r*ngers back in the SPL or abstain. c*ltic are the club who will lose the most money from r*ngers not being in the SPL... the OF games always sell out and are also live on TV if the TV deal is reduced or if the SPL 10 successfully renegotiate the share of TV money c*ltic will lose out there and if there is no real competition for the SPL title crowds at c*ltic Park will plummet too as will season ticket sales... one of the worst years for average attendances at c*ltic Park was when they won their 8th of the 9 in a row titles... average attendances was something like 20,000. Most SPL clubs would face losing revenue from a reduced TV deal and a few thousand extra visiting fans once or twice a season but I think c*ltic could stand to lose from 1) reduced TV deal 2) smaller share of renegotiated TV deal and 3) their own fans losing interest in the SPL without any OF games or competition for the title.

You realise, of course, that none of them would be considered fit persons to front a newco? Having all been tainted by a club that had gone into liquidation in the past 5 years.... and I believe King is under some form of legal restraint from SA about how he uses his assets in the Uk.... ? unsure.png

True they are a whole bunch of shysters the lot of them. Couldn't happen to a nicer club

• 3 weeks later...

SUpsect the link doesn't work as there's a satans arse football team mentioned in it.

The article is called "Collyer Bristow Facing Negligence Claim Over r*ngers FC Advice" and is from 30th March. (The same day as C4 ran this story: http://www.channel4.com/news/revealed-the-payments-that-may-lead-to-r*ngers-downfall)

If they go before the end of the season then they will have to go the 3rd division so the sooner the better

That's how it should be in a moral world, but this is scottish fitba ruled by what seems to have been inept/corrupt powers and it is now being asked to penalise a powerful entity within its ranks.

The Saints Board will be part of the decision-makers. Let's hope they do the right thing. :)