Poor R*ngers Theads Merged.....

bluto

Oddly enough they don't get to walk away from all their debt should they set up a newco club. FIFA has rules that mean at le4ast the debts to other clubs must be honoured. I think that only equates to £3.3M; however there may be issues in terms of the tax debt through FIFA as well. It may not prove to be quite the clean sweep financially folk think it is.

Just a thought

I keep hearing that Ibrox is worthless except as a football stadium, but did we not sell Love Street to Tesco's for around 10million pounds? Surely Ibrox is worth more than that as a development siteand joking aside at least double, thats 20million which is more than any of the bids to keep it afloat.

Liquidation and Ibrox Tesco a cert. clap.gif

Just a thought

I keep hearing that Ibrox is worthless except as a football stadium, but did we not sell Love Street to Tesco's for around 10million pounds? Surely Ibrox is worth more than that as a development siteand joking aside at least double, thats 20million which is more than any of the bids to keep it afloat.

Love Street will now be for housing with Tesco getting their prefered site on Renfrew road. We won a watch with the timing and location of our deal. No one would pay a dime for the big hoose now for any reason but football. Shame really as you could've been first in with the wrecking ball driving through 55,000 protesters!thumbup2.gif

Just a thought

Love Street will now be for housing with Tesco getting their prefered site on Renfrew road. We won a watch with the timing and location of our deal. No one would pay a dime for the big hoose now for any reason but football. Shame really as you could've been first in with the wrecking ball driving through 55,000 protesters!thumbup2.gif

The thing is though, the "front" of the Main Stand at Ibrox, which has "R*NG*RS FC" designed within the brickwork is registered as a Listed Building, so they probably won't be allowed to knock it down and, as a result, this would affect what they could do with the Stadium if R*ngers went down the tubes. Let's face it, the only people who would really want to live in any potential housing built on the land with the "R*NG*RS FC" on the wall would be diehard R*ngers fans themselves. Everyone else wouldn't want to live in a building like that, but there would be enough of "them" that would.

The thing is though, the "front" of the Main Stand at Ibrox, which has "R*NG*RS FC" designed within the brickwork is registered as a Listed Building, so they probably won't be allowed to knock it down and, as a result, this would affect what they could do with the Stadium if R*ngers went down the tubes. Let's face it, the only people who would really want to live in any potential housing built on the land with the "R*NG*RS FC" on the wall would be diehard R*ngers fans themselves. Everyone else wouldn't want to live in a building like that, but there would be enough of "them" that would.

It's a fallacy to say you can't knock down a listed building as you can. I had a pm conversation with tedious tom about this very fact. We both agree there are many occasions where if you can prove it is in the best interest of the future of the site then the building can be demolished.

It's a fallacy to say you can't knock down a listed building as you can. I had a pm conversation with tedious tom about this very fact. We both agree there are many occasions where if you can prove it is in the best interest of the future of the site then the building can be demolished.

True, just like the Council Buildings. This is Ibrox though, and the "powers that be" will pull all the stops out to make sure that doesn't happen. It's all hypothetical anyway as R*ngers won't be allowed to go bust by anyone.

Aye - there's the rub, for the Rongers.

The only (financially worthwhile) future for that site would be as housing. Another mega mall is not needed.

As Highbury proved, the football stadium would not require to be demolished just to provide housing.

They could auction the privilege and raise millions

Even Shull'd get his imaginary wallet out for that

Just a thought

No - the land is worth whatever someone is prepared to pay for it.

At Love Street it could have been argued that the land held decent value anyway because of it's location in proximity to the airport, but when it was rezoned for retail use that put the value up. I was told quite early on in the process that Sainsburys were keen to buy the site, clearly Tesco must have also wanted it, and there were stories that Asda felt threatened and were considering buying it to stop competitors building on the site. In the end I'd be very sceptical with the £10m - £14m figure that Gilmour banded about as the value of the deal. I'm sure Tesco will have paid a great deal less for the construction of the stadium at Greenhill Road but it's all suited St Mirren anyway.

At Ibrox there's a different problem in that the footprint of the site is only slightly bigger than the old Love Street. The land isn't zoned for retail development, and there is plenty of vacant land around the Govan / Ibrox area that's been undeveloped in over 30 years. The area is certainly not desirable for housing and I can't really imagine what else it could be used for other than football.

No - the land is worth whatever someone is prepared to pay for it.

At Love Street it could have been argued that the land held decent value anyway because of it's location in proximity to the airport, but when it was rezoned for retail use that put the value up. I was told quite early on in the process that Sainsburys were keen to buy the site, clearly Tesco must have also wanted it, and there were stories that Asda felt threatened and were considering buying it to stop competitors building on the site. In the end I'd be very sceptical with the £10m - £14m figure that Gilmour banded about as the value of the deal. I'm sure Tesco will have paid a great deal less for the construction of the stadium at Greenhill Road but it's all suited St Mirren anyway.

At Ibrox there's a different problem in that the footprint of the site is only slightly bigger than the old Love Street. The land isn't zoned for retail development, and there is plenty of vacant land around the Govan / Ibrox area that's been undeveloped in over 30 years. The area is certainly not desirable for housing and I can't really imagine what else it could be used for other than football.

Yes keep telling yourself that. Your BIG team is safewhistling.gif

Lets all stay in the real world. If rang*rs manage a CVA (how that's possible is beyond me) or reform a newco they will still play at Ibrox. For me a newco has to start in the 3rd division and anything else makes our sporting integrity null and void. If they get a CVA then we will all have to just deal with it as they will remain in the SPL and it will just show how it's one rule for the big and one for the small. If a newco stay in the SPL it's the end for me as a season ticket holder as watching Rang*rs 2012 winning at St Mirren park with a £5million squad would gee me the boak.

Lets all stay in the real world. If rang*rs manage a CVA (how that's possible is beyond me) or reform a newco they will still play at Ibrox. For me a newco has to start in the 3rd division and anything else makes our sporting integrity null and void. If they get a CVA then we will all have to just deal with it as they will remain in the SPL and it will just show how it's one rule for the big and one for the small. If a newco stay in the SPL it's the end for me as a season ticket holder as watching Rang*rs 2012 winning at St Mirren park with a £5million squad would gee me the boak.

Well said that man If r*ngers go into the third why would they want to saddle themselves with cost of running a half empty Ibrox

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17681268

I'm surprised no-one is mentioning this yet? Proposal for a rule change to the SPL that would mean a r*ngers Newco would keep their SPL place but have a 10 point deduction for each of the first two seasons and a loss of 75% of their prize money for their first three seasons will be considered by the SPL on the 30th of April.

SPL PROPOSALS

• Minimum of 15 points deducted from any club entering administration
  • 10-point penalty for two seasons for any club that transfers its share in the SPL to a new company
  • 75% reduction in payments to any club relaunched as a new company for a period of three seasons
  • Requirement for clubs to pay players on time and to report any failure to pay wages
  • Requirement for clubs to report any failure to pay PAYE/NIC
  • Player registration embargo imposed on any club failing to pay PAYE/NIC

http://www.bbc.co.uk...-union/17681268

I'm surprised no-one is mentioning this yet? Proposal for a rule change to the SPL that would mean a r*ngers Newco would keep their SPL place but have a 10 point deduction for each of the first two seasons and a loss of 75% of their prize money for their first three seasons will be considered by the SPL on the 30th of April.

We have just see the rebel ten thread. I think most of us are not very happy with the proposals

• 2 weeks later...

The SFA have tonight fined Rangers £160k.... And wait for it...... Banned them from signing any players for 12 months. laugh.png

That'll cause them a few problems when all their high earners walk away in 6 weeks by invoking their recently agreed get-out clauses.

If you get a chance, you must visit http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showforum=1.

Truly magnificent stuffjerry.gif

Just clicked the link Drew, no luck. It appears they are in complete and utter melt down mode.

Just been checking out the Beeb journalists on twitter. This transfer ban has huge implications for them. It will put a complete halt to the SPL's intention to transfer their share to a Newco as the ban would have to transfer with the share. To avoid this ban any Newco would have to apply as a complete and utter new entity.

Of course I wouldn't be surprised if the ban disappears on appeal.