Poor R*ngers Theads Merged.....

bluto

I agree - perfect analysis..... almost completely. smile.png

However...

I wouldn't stripe any of the trophies, cos I think they are quite nice, them being shiny and all silverish. I might think of stripping trophies mind ye...

And I also share your belief that newco is doomed. Mainly cos they have NO loose money to lose....

Apologies - been at a beer shop and the latent pedant escapes when I do that. smile.png

ETA: Beer also buggers up yer spelling - need to take far too long typing and retyping...

The Oldco was guilty of not playing by the rules of Scottish fitba, and the ramifications from that have yet to play out.

Sevco are a new irrelevance. They have no attachment to that old history in any way.

The Oldco will doubtless, in due course, be stripped of its tainted titles. Unless the administrators of the Scottish game are in some way compromised and not to be trusted to follow the RULES?

I would stripe them. Stripe them Black and White! Edited by insaintee

The Final Tier Tax Tribunal has reported.

From skimpy glance ICBINR was guilty of paying wages to players outwith their contracts.

As RTC tweeted:

Rangers Tax-Case‏@rangerstaxcase

Remuneration Trust represent emoluments… No appeal allowed!

And here's the thing to read yourselves... rolleyes.gif

If you so desire...

http://www.financean...851/TC02372.pdf

So... how many 3-0 defeats is that, Sir?

And how many trophies would you like me to strike off?

Interesting. smile.png

Having browsed the report, I note the following gave evidence.

post-2392-0-64999300-1353493324_thumb.jp

But the EBTs weren't handed out by the OldCo, they were handed out by an independent trust (as pointed out in the decision) and therefore can only be recalled by the trust, not by the liquidators.....although I'm hoping there is some way around it.

I believe that old co appoint the trustees. oldco is now BDO. BDO can appoint the trustees and the trustees will call in the loans. It's almost certainly not as simple as that. Expect more on this for example who are the current trustees? Are any of the current trustees benificaries of the trust.

I might be a cynic but my experiance is that once a company abandons moral rectitude, it tends to go the whole way. I expect old co were totally "at it" and having BDO in there is going to expose just how rotten they are. Much much more to run on this.

Is anybody gonnae say sorry tae the Berz.

Maybe an Official Apology thread is needed ?

No need for apologies. :)

Apart from pointing out how the distorted Ibrokes payments system was royally screwing Scottish fitba, this whole thread is a paean of empathy for the Orcs who have been betrayed by their various administrations.

POOR Rangers. :rolleyes:

I am writing out thousands of sorrys now and i will stand on Edmiston Drive and hand them out to the fans of the Newcunto F.C.

Why not just drive round in yir taxi and a megaphone saying sorry to the good peaple who were only found guilty in a minority of cases (appeal pending)

Perhaps someone could clear this up for me...

They've been found not guilty by the courts (although HMRC may appeal) but there is still the possibility that the SPL could find them guilty of breaking their rules (ie, not declaring contracts). Yes?

Traynor was advocating that the SPL drop their investigation, but only a few months ago John Terry was cleared of racism by the courts, yet convicted by the FA, so it's not a foregone conclusion?

Perhaps someone could clear this up for me...

They've been found not guilty by the courts (although HMRC may appeal) but there is still the possibility that the SPL could find them guilty of breaking their rules (ie, not declaring contracts). Yes?

Traynor was advocating that the SPL drop their investigation, but only a few months ago John Terry was cleared of racism by the courts, yet convicted by the FA, so it's not a foregone conclusion?

No Ross they've been Found GULITY on 35 out of 80 counts.

So yes there is still a big chance of the Oldco being found guilty by the SPL (not relevant to Newco).

Regardless of the SPL outcome Newco are stripped of 54 tilespunk.gif

OOps...watch that 35 quote one cup as It's false.....But everything else you say is true.

So what is the correct figure? My understanding is that 30 counts were uncontested and 5 found against Oldco.

I'd also like to point out that the existence of side letters (the relevant point for the SPL inquiry) was confirmed in many more than 35 cases.

Aye, there is still debate on the actual figure. Deid club didn't contest a number of them - thus accepting they were breaking the law.

The cut-down (redacted) 145 page FTT report also isn't explicit about the number in which they were not found guilty by 2 of the 3 judges (though all of them agree that Deid club's officials were less than helpful in helping them get to a truth). There appears to have been an erroneous realigning of page numbers in which it 'appeared; that 35 was a the guilty number, but that MAY have been a page number. rolleyes.gif

But, Ross... in my very simple understanding of wot 'appened woz...

... that HMRC's assessment of THIS Big tax problem was challenged by Deid club. (Deid club acccepted the Wee tax case and that wasn't settled before they went into Administration, AND then there's the year of living Craig Whyte's way Tax and NI-free!)

The tribunal (not a court) found 2-1 in Deid club's favour for a lot of the Big Tax Case.

The dissenting actor on that Tribunal gave chapter and verse for why she believed a lot of lies had been told and that a tax-scam was being operated and covered up under the guise of it being a trust fund to give out 'loans'. The other two said a lot of lies were being told but that there was enough of the appearance of it being a trust fund for it to be considered a real trust fund. But loans for what? And no apparent need to ever pay them back according to some side-letters that have been acknowledged...

So... HMRC can go after the players and managers of Deid club to get tax on what appear to have been gifts to players and managers... and, perhaps ultimately more importantly, the existence of those sideletters makes it look to some people that it was payment to pay football, which is where Scottish Fitba rules kick in.

If they ARE undeclared payments to players, then there have been dual contracts and that should automatically invoke 3-0 defeats for each and every game in which an 'offending' player played in the SPL.

Academic, now that Deid club is... er... deid. But there could be rewriting of the record books and possible European repercussions, too. Including suspension of Scottish Clubs from Euro competition.... if those players had participated in European matches. And a lot of people say that they did.

Edited by bluto

SFL Chief and Boaby Sucker of Newcunto F.C., David Longmuir has slammed Third Division Clubs for ripping off the fans of the Blue Vermin Tribute Act at the Gate.

He didnae mention Charlie Green charges the highest prices in the League and even more than 2nd Division prices.

Newcunto F.C. probably hold the world record for the highest prices for a 4th tier team.

f**kEM AND LONGMUIR !

No Ross they've been Found GULITY on 35 out of 80 counts.

So yes there is still a big chance of the Oldco being found guilty by the SPL (not relevant to Newco).

Regardless of the SPL outcome Newco are stripped of 54 tilespunk.gif

That'll cause a hell of a watery mess in dressing room.