Poor R*ngers Theads Merged.....

bluto

I don't see how Charles Green can basically tell Dundee United to fcuk off for being 'an enemy' of The Rangers, then look for The Rangers share of a gate made up of non- The Rangers fans. Made up of non- The Rangers fans entirely because of his toys out of the pram actions. In fact, Green's statement was strongly anti-Dundee United, so surely he wants no part of their tainted takings from this match anyway.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at Tannadice if Green subsequently phones them looking for his share of the gate. If Green sticks to his guns on this, surely the only course of action the SFA can take is to tell him 'fine, if that's how you feel, then by all means refuse your allocation of tickets, we can't force you - but you will also give up your right to a share of the gate.'

This is so simple surely even Scottish football administrators can't fcuk this decision up.

I don't see how Charles Green can basically tell Dundee United to fcuk off for being 'an enemy' of The Rangers, then look for The Rangers share of a gate made up of non- The Rangers fans. Made up of non- The Rangers fans entirely because of his toys out of the pram actions. In fact, Green's statement was strongly anti-Dundee United, so surely he wants no part of their tainted takings from this match anyway.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at Tannadice if Green subsequently phones them looking for his share of the gate. If Green sticks to his guns on this, surely the only course of action the SFA can take is to tell him 'fine, if that's how you feel, then by all means refuse your allocation of tickets, we can't force you - but you will also give up your right to a share of the gate.'

This is so simple surely even Scottish football administrators can't fcuk this decision up.

I think that there is almost an incitement to violence in Greens actions. In view of that and the poor sportsmanship and unfounded accusations he's made against Dundee United, I think it possible that the rangers could be expelled from the competition.

You are of course welcome to think what you like but IMO believing this is preventing you see the bigger picture whatever that may be.

As for Green? It's all very simple. The man is an investor. He will do and say anything to build the NewCo brand before selling up for a massive profit. I think it's realistic he might sell for around £30 million in a couple of years when they've reached the SPL again and the Champions League. That would be a nice retirement package.

In order to do that he must keep the hordes onside. So he'll do and say whatever is necessary to ensure that. If you think along these lines nothing Green does is a surprise. Everything he does is for the long term. You are, I think, mistakenly looking for reasons in the short term. That's why it's not making sense.

The bit you highlighted is not only my view. Many have suggested it. But you are clearly saying BDO will do nothing? Do you accept that it is possible? I didn't make that up. It has been in the public domain for some time.

I think that there is almost an incitement to violence in Greens actions. In view of that and the poor sportsmanship and unfounded accusations he's made against Dundee United, I think it possible that the rangers could be expelled from the competition.

I tend to agree with you. In the old days a club could have been charged with bringing the game into disrepute. But of course we all know Rangers have never,ever done anything like that.

I thought this was against Rangers, now that The Rangers are not in fact Rangers why are The Rangers fighting a case of the old Rangers or are they really only kidding on that they are The Rangers when actually they are Rangers at hearts or is that a different club.

The Rangers are "The Rangers" when is comes to their football history

The Rangers are not "Rangers" when its comes to £££££

The Rangers are The Rangers/Rangers when they can have a good moan.

Come on Mr Green what side of the fence do you want.

I would normally suggest that a person who acts in this way is either dighted or Machiavellian. In Green's case, however, I actually believe he is both.

He is dighted inasmuch as he can readily relate to the lowest common denominator of the sevco legions. Let's face it, you'd have to be operating at a pretty base level to achieve this. On the flip side, he seems able to employ a few effective strategies with a view to capitalising on this shared and impaired cognitive functioning.

Quite impressive when you think about it.

Edited by Drew

Guest TPAFKATS

United should man up and stop whinging. The orcs are happy to hear other teams moan about being hit financially - it makes them believe that they are needed by the rest of us.

Remember that this is an extra game that United wont have budgeted for. It's also on tv so there's another extra wedge that they werent expecting.

They could have drawn berwick rangers in a cup tie - they should treat this as such

United should man up and stop whinging. The orcs are happy to hear other teams moan about being hit financially - it makes them believe that they are needed by the rest of us.

Remember that this is an extra game that United wont have budgeted for. It's also on tv so there's another extra wedge that they werent expecting.

They could have drawn berwick rangers in a cup tie - they should treat this as such

But there's a real possibility that Utd will be handing over 50% of their profits to rangers. Can't imagine that would go down well with our fans if we were in that position

Guest somner9

laugh my socks off if the newly valued £50million The Rangers can't afford to switch on the undersoil heating and get postponed on saturday!

Still it's always hard for diddy clubs in the winterclap.gif

But there's a real possibility that Utd will be handing over 50% of their profits to rangers. Can't imagine that would go down well with our fans if we were in that position

That's because most football fans are unable to get their brains around the bigger picture of almost any issue except what happened in the summer.

This is football doh!

They should get on with it and stop worrying about their opponents fans which they can't control anyway.

There will be HUGE interest in this to see how many of the away fans turn up. I think more will be there than you think.

If Saints called for a boycott of another team would you refuse to attend that game? If I wanted to go I'd go. Period. Rangers fans are no different. You'll see at least a couple of thousand up there I'm sure of it. The idea of them not turning up to support mainly young kids trying to win against a big bad SPL team away from home is unthinkable heresy for many of them.

That's because most football fans are unable to get their brains around the bigger picture of almost any issue except what happened in the summer.

This is football doh!

They should get on with it and stop worrying about their opponents fans which they can't control anyway.

There will be HUGE interest in this to see how many of the away fans turn up. I think more will be there than you think.

If Saints called for a boycott of another team would you refuse to attend that game? If I wanted to go I'd go. Period. Rangers fans are no different. You'll see at least a couple of thousand up there I'm sure of it. The idea of them not turning up to support mainly young kids trying to win against a big bad SPL team away from home is unthinkable heresy for many of them.

Especially for those thousands of local Huns, for whom it's a home game... :)

Guest somner9

Must be a great day being a scumco fan, boycotting a game you get half the gate from, finding out the worldwide collection of shysters who OWN you, and being so right about the demise of scottish football now you aren't in the spl, and how it will never get anywhere in europe, and how being without scumco has hit every team in the pocket.

Aye wha's like'em?