Snp Motion To "investigate Possible Takeover Of St.mirren"

div

Got this through my press contacts via Pie and Bovril. Interesting !

SNP Leader Calls on Council to investigate possible takeover of St. Mirren.

SNP Group leader Councillor Brian Lawson has submitted the following motion for discussion at the Renfrewshire Council meeting on the 28th of June.

Council instructs the Chief Executive to carry out, as a matter of urgency, a feasibility study into the Council’s possible involvement in a community buy out of the majority shareholding in St. Mirren Football Club, and to report the outcome of this study to the appropriate policy board or to a special meeting of the Council if timescales necessitate.

Councillor Lawson said “I have no wish for a Council committee to pick the team on a Saturday, but the Council should at least investigate how it can play a bigger part in the Club. This might be as little as assisting in finding external funding to purchase all or part of the shares which are currently up for sale or even the Council itself taking a share in the Club”.

“I am very aware of the Council’s tight budget position, but we have to at least investigate if and how we can work more closely with St. Mirren. It would be a real shame if it was simply taken over by rich foreign owners who were only interested in the value of the ground and the players. The Council is currently investing around £50 million in new sports facilities and the possible addition of the St. Mirren stadium and training ground to our facilities is something we should at least look at”.

“The stadium alone cost around £8 million to build and is a state of the art facility. The 52% shareholding is for sale at around £1.5 million pounds. It may be an attractive investment both to the Council - but also to a foreign buyer”.

Deputy Group leader Councillor Kenny MacLaren said “The stadium is in my ward and is a vital part of the local community as well as the wider community of Renfrewshire. St. Mirren and the Council have worked closely together for many years on various projects including the award wining street football scheme”.

“This could be a once in a lifetime opportunity to increase the Council and the community’s involvement in the Club. St. Mirren is Paisley and Paisley is St. Mirren. Unlike many other football clubs St. Mirren is in good financial health with no real debt and a modern ground with the potential to do well in the Scottish Premier League, perhaps even in Europe next season”.

“We have been following with interest the attempts, over the past two years to launch a community interest company (CIC), and we will wait to see what happens with that bid at the deadline on the 15th of this month. However we feel that there may be a place for the Council to step in if the CIC bid fails. In an ideal world perhaps no one individual or company should have majority control of a senior football club”.

Maybe the council can come on board with 10000hours - stronger together and all that ?

Oh FFS, politicians playing political games with the local football club. How long did it take them to think that PR stunt up?

Of course the club and council should have closer links and share more services. This is something that I would hope 10000hrs could build on once established. But, the headline statement of council "taking over" St Mirren just sounds like a load of pish. It isn't going to happen.

Keep your petty games away from our football club.

Oh FFS, politicians playing political games with the local football club. How long did it take them to think that PR stunt up?

Of course the club and council should have closer links and share more services. This is something that I would hope 10000hrs could build on once established. But, the headline statement of council "taking over" St Mirren just sounds like a load of pish. It isn't going to happen.

Keep your petty games away from our football club.

Not for me civilsaint.......This a a new direction.....And a very important one,

I am very aware of the Council’s tight budget position, but we have to at least investigate if and how we can work more closely with St. Mirren. It would be a real shame if it was simply taken over by rich foreign owners who were only interested in the value of the ground and the players. The Council is currently investing around £50 million in new sports facilities and the possible addition of the St. Mirren stadium and training ground to our facilities is something we should at least look at”.

“The stadium alone cost around £8 million to build and is a state of the art facility. The 52% shareholding is for sale at around £1.5 million pounds. It may be an attractive investment both to the Council - but also to a foreign buyer”.

Shock Exclusive: Politician in outbreak of common sense !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fcuk Div - Dont tell

KTF heading for The Bridge at the thought of an SNP motion to Save St Mirren Fc ! whistling.gif

Not the bridge mate, I'm not the type, but the thought is f**king abhorant to me. Reprehensible, disgusting individuals!!!

There will be an official inquiry as to why the SNP councillors in Renfrewshire put pressure onto John Swinney not to sign off the Social investment grant for CiC Mk1. If it is found to have not been signed simpy because they had their own agenda to buy the club and not on any genuine objection grounds, head will role.

That will be worth seeing.

I think at the very least Renfrew council can look at the partnership model between wirral bourgh council and tranmere rovers who have been sponsored by the council for 20 plus years and who as a council rallied round when tranmere's finances went tits up when they stop being Peter johnson's plaything!

Interesting times indeed

Update : ...........

KTF having nervous Breakdown as we type ....... No worrie's Sid in Control ? ................................ Communication Breakdown ................... Normal pish will be Resumed ASAP ! whistling.gif

Actually fellow Buddie, far from it. My problems with this are many but here is one - I simply don't trust politicians. Particularly ones who aren't good enough to be MP/MSPs but instead piss about on local councils.

Politicians have an agenda, they always have an agenda. They are driven, not by a genuine concern for the people but for a wonder-lust of their own ego. They need to keep their seat and so they are short-termist. They can't make decisions autonomously because the are driven by partisan values and beliefs and their own head or heart is over-ruled by party politics and election manifestos.

Politics is possibly the least transparent sphere in our society where no-one is held accountable for anything and if it looks like you might have done something stupid you sack an aide. If people thought that 10000 didn't provide enough information, REAs communication will seems as clear and transparent as a sworovski crystal champagne flute compared to what you will NOT get from this bunch of self-serving n'er-do-wells.

This is quite possibily the worst f**king idea I've heard on these forums in the years I've been posting here. I'd rather have Angelo Massonne buy the club than this bunch of gormless, ill-meaning f**ktards.

Actually fellow Buddie, far from it. My problems with this are many but here is one - I simply don't trust politicians. Particularly ones who aren't good enough to be MP/MSPs but instead piss about on local councils.

Politicians have an agenda, they always have an agenda. They are driven, not by a genuine concern for the people but for a wonder-lust of their own ego. They need to keep their seat and so they are short-termist. They can't make decisions autonomously because the are driven by partisan values and beliefs and their own head or heart is over-ruled by party politics and election manifestos.

Politics is possibly the least transparent sphere in our society where no-one is held accountable for anything and if it looks like you might have done something stupid you sack an aide. If people thought that 10000 didn't provide enough information, REAs communication will seems as clear and transparent as a sworovski crystal champagne flute compared to what you will NOT get from this bunch of self-serving n'er-do-wells.

This is quite possibily the worst f**king idea I've heard on these forums in the years I've been posting here. I'd rather have Angelo Massonne buy the club than this bunch of gormless, ill-meaning f**ktards.

Not for me mate...This is fcukin brilliant news!.......CiC and the council....top hat!

caterpillar-roll1.jpg?w=610