10000Hours Bid Is Rejected

div

Perhaps now that the deal has collapsed 10000Hours can truthfully explain to the supporters as to what stopped or who blocked the original social funding that would have made this takeover easier to manage from a supporters funding perspective.

I'm sure many of us can guess what the reasons were and the logic behind it, but we never were told.

I'm sure 10000Hours will resurface elsewhere given the experience they now have, but the model is best suited to a community sports environment rather than an existing professional football club.

I totally and absolutely disagree with that statement Yflab and there are plenty of hugely successful clubs around that prove the point. It may have been too difficult a concept for some St Mirren fans to get their head around, and perhaps 10000hours didn't do a good job of helping with that issue, but at Motherwell, Clyde and Stenhousemuir similar structures are proving successful and popular - just as it is all over Germany, the USA and in Catalonia.

All Scottish Football clubs should be working towards member ownership and all clubs should be looking to involve community organisations in their club because it makes absolutely sense in terms of shared resources, revenue streams, and volumes of purchase.

Maybe there was a lot of wishful thinking and maybe even naivety but I think Div, RA, Poz and everyone else who actually did something and didn't just bump their gums should be thanked for all their efforts. I know only too well from many past experiences there are those that try and those that just moan. So thanks guys for giving it your best shot and actually trying to make it happen.

Maybe there was a lot of wishful thinking and maybe even naivety but I think Div, RA, Poz and everyone else who actually did something and didn't just bump their gums should be thanked for all their efforts. I know only too well from many past experiences there are those that try and those that just moan. So thanks guys for giving it your best shot and actually trying to make it happen.

I feel exactly the same as Div - just liked what I heard initially, thought it was a good way forward, offered to help, did some stuff, and enjoyed doing it. In doing so, I was given the opportunity to present some ideas that were taken on board and I felt strongly would work well. I'll go along to see the launch of my final piece of input tomorrow night at JD in Paisley, then that's it.

Sit in my West stand seat praying Vanzy doesn't score 5, and that's about the size of it.

See this is the thing isn't it. You can say what you like about the CIC proposal but the fact is it got those who were interested involved, and it got them involved at no cost at all to the club. It would seem pretty stupid to throw all that away now - but that is exactly what will happen because "traditional club ownership models" are about the same stale handful of businessmen looking after their own self interests.

Come on Poz. We are relying on you to design the strips from here on in smile.png . The last two seasons have been the best we have ever had.

I only did this season's - the first JD Sports ones were their own doing. I've submitted two designs for next season, for the home and third kits, but with the news of the CIC bid failing, I have no idea how that may affect things. The submission for next season's away kit was someone else's idea, which I really like. Again, not sure how the situation at the club may affect things like kit designs. Not a lot I can do about that. If that's the end of it, I've got this season to look back on in my dotage, and just feel relieved that no-one wanted to kill me for doing 'Bib strip Mk II" or anything. wink.png

The thing that makes me laugh is now that the bid has failed. Do the people that were knocking it (somner and sid) come in and organise their fans takeover bid. NO NOT ON YOUR NELLY. They want others to do it. You couldnae make it up.

Sigh....

Very interested in your plans for fan ownership, pray tell?

I only did this season's - the first JD Sports ones were their own doing. I've submitted two designs for next season, for the home and third kits, but with the news of the CIC bid failing, I have no idea how that may affect things. The submission for next season's away kit was someone else's idea, which I really like. Again, not sure how the situation at the club may affect things like kit designs. Not a lot I can do about that. If that's the end of it, I've got this season to look back on in my dotage, and just feel relieved that no-one wanted to kill me for doing 'Bib strip Mk II" or anything. wink.png

If they have any sense (or taste, for that matter), they'll run with your designs. Let's face it, you have a proven track record now. Why change a winning formula. Just don't ask Andy Murray to endorse any of your designs. Aside from the fact that he is a Hibee, I also think his stock might have risen of late, so it might be a tad out our reach. Looks like we might be stuck with fake-baked dolly burdzshutup.gif

The thing that makes me laugh is now that the bid has failed. Do the people that were knocking it (somner and sid) come in and organise their fans takeover bid. NO NOT ON YOUR NELLY. They want others to do it. You couldnae make it up.

Yep.

Crap analogy but both wanted the destination of fan ownership and when the bus came along offering to take them there Somner decided he didn't like the driver, while Sid got on the bus but jumped off again before the Conductor came round to get his fare. Now they are both stood at the bus stop nowhere near their destination and instead of going home and getting their car they would rather continue to stand there trying to encourage others at the bus stop to buy a bus so that they can get a lift. It's all pretty sad really.

If SMISA are indeed the "only show in town",then we're fine for bath towels,but we're f**ked for everything else.dry.png

Anyone who belives that SMISA are the answer to our problems obviously haven't attended any of their meetings.

Edited by FTOF

Some bruised egos may take longer to heal than others.

At least the consortium were smart enough to spot a doomed venture when others couldn't.

Okay, first task for the next commercial director, buy rubber ducks!!!

Some of us spotted it the first time we seen it, now just go and shut the door quietly.

The criticism of REA and the 10000hrs team is uncalled for. At least they had a plan for the ownership of the club. It is easy to sit on the side lines and pick holes in any plans yet fail to come forward with alternatives. I didn’t see any other rival fans groups wanting ownership of the club. Its worth remembering that the cic model that died was far removed from the initial ambitions of the 10000 hrs. What went wrong?

Maybe REA was initially overly ambitious of the third party funding coming through, maybe the consortium were overly greedy in their valuation of the club, maybe 10000 hrs failed to embrace enough fans, maybe it become in the end something that it was not. Who cares, the longer it went on the more despondent I became.

In a sadistically weird kind of way I was glad it failed, the thought of some of the posters on here getting near a Board of Directors put the fear of god in me. Too many petty squabbles about minutia like bar profits, churches, individuals but forgetting the bigger picture that there was a million pound business to be run and maintained.

Was REA made a Director in St Mirren and,if yes,what happens to his position there?

you seem to be a bit behind with developments, one of the first acts of the commercial director, i believe, was to rip up provans contract. not criticising, just stating before i get accused of negativity.

im sure by year 3 of the contract we will see a supporters shop fit for purpose.

With 10000 hrs now out of the way the fans should look to SMiSA as the vehicle for fan ownership. If we all start donating £10-a-month to SMiSA within three years they will be sitting on around £410,000 (including their existing £50K). 10000 hrs f"k'd up by not starting to collect the donations as soon as it was launched. They wound up short of capital.

Switch your direct debits to SMiSA and fans will be in a great position to at a minimum negotiate influence on the new owners should that come to pass. If not then we at least have significant funds available to invest in ventures like a supporters bar.

10000 hrs legacy should be momentum towards fan involvement in the club. The correct next move for fans is to join SMiSA.

That's all good and well if you agree with SMISA's aims but as far as I can see they seem to be content to have a few shares in the club and do some fundraising for the club. If they come up with a plan to eventually buy the club then I'll look again but going by your own figures they could have been sitting on the best part of half a million pounds if they'd started campaigning when the for sale notice went up originally and even now after 1000 fans had comitted to buying the club they have been very quiet about plans they might have for their own buyout.

For the time being I'll keep my money.

Looks like the 10000 hrs online marketing team have been very busy trying to dave face today by attacking the people that actually saved the club from disaster.

Quite bizarre that SMiSA are getting attacked. 10000 hrs as usual trying to retain as much control as possible for themselves made a a huge mistake. SMiSA offered to hold fans direct debit investment in trust when all this started. If 10000 hrs had taken up their offer they would have had significant capital to offer as part of their bid. They declined the offer. I'm sure the online marketing team will bo soon enough with a made up excuse.

Now we have the 10000 hrs supporters telling us that building up capital through SMiSA to invest in shares in St Mirren is a waste of time. bangin.gif

Regards TsuMirrens quality meltdown....I am leaving it to the 10000 hrs team members to 'fess up that they knew that the scheme was vastly underfunded, that there were cashflow issues when they were begging fans to invest £3,000.00 of their hard earned cash in a scheme that wasn't fit for purpose...as well as putting the club at risk. An apology would have been nice; however it looks like they will try and point the finger of blame at the club than face up to their responsibilities to the fellow fans they tried to dupe. whistling.gif

Stop spamming the thread Sid. Its boring.

Makes me giggle.....you know what's boring, the repeated periods of silence from 10000 hrs....they built the fans hopes up falsely not once but three times and when they made a c"nt of it were nowhere to be seen.....no surprise it has happened again...they're still begging for donations on their web site. The lot should be deleted and the fans allowed to move on...regroup to make a statement my arse. Instead all we've seen is one post and some "likes". Disgraceful behaviour...at the the cheerleaders have been online albeit with zero signs of regret.