Saints V Newcastle Tues 30Th July

I think it relates more to the price of the tickets Paul, and, indeed, why it has to be all-ticket (another daft scenario).

I'll probably go along for the want of anything better to do, but I think £15 is pushing it.

I know Drew, a tenner would be better. I'm pretty confident that the Newcastle side will contain enough 'names' that we know from the telly.

Looking forward to it. Premiership side coming to town, no matter the make-up, Newcastle won't be fielding diddies.

I know Drew, a tenner would be better. I'm pretty confident that the Newcastle side will contain enough 'names' that we know from the telly.

Looking forward to it. Premiership side coming to town, no matter the make-up, Newcastle won't be fielding diddies.

True enough, and people haved moaned on about Dumbarton and Stirling Albion etc. being the best we can manage in pre-season, so probably best take this one in the right spirit.

As an away fan I agree £15 is a bit steep, especially for a match originally billed as u-21. A tenner would have been better.

I've been trying to buy tickets and NUFC don't have any ticket details up on the site yet. Am I too buy them through St.Mirren? If so, how? Cos every time I've tried I've been redirected to become a member or a season ticket holder and can't seem to access the ticket sales area without being a member...

For the away end of course.

As an away fan I agree £15 is a bit steep, especially for a match originally billed as u-21. A tenner would have been better.

I've been trying to buy tickets and NUFC don't have any ticket details up on the site yet. Am I too buy them through St.Mirren? If so, how? Cos every time I've tried I've been redirected to become a member or a season ticket holder and can't seem to access the ticket sales area without being a member...

What style of boots do you wear?

All St Mirren home games are 'all ticket' - but not for the reason of the games needing to be all ticket because they sell-out. It's to do with the police, the automated turnstile systems, and to take away the possibility of turnstile operators trousering some cash - allegedly.

We have ticket windows open at games for away and home fans to buy tickets at the ground on the day or night of the game. Unless it's an Old Firm game or a big cup game. You'll be able to just turn up and buy one at the away fans window on the night.

I think it relates more to the price of the tickets Paul, and, indeed, why it has to be all-ticket (another daft scenario).

I'll probably go along for the want of anything better to do, but I think £15 is pushing it.

Spot on its bad enough being all ticket when you'll be lucky if 1500 fans attend but £15 for what is basically a training session against an U20 side is atrocious.

Edited by lovestreet

How many Toon fans do you reckon will make the trip?

Well when I called the Saints ticket office to buy my tickets I asked how many tickets were available to the toon and she said we had the traditional away end, so 1800 or however many it holds is what we've got available to us.

But I've not got a clue how many will come up. If the game had been put as a first team game we'd have sold out the away end and then some! But cos it's officially an U21 game (even if we do have first teamers in there), I've not got a clue... I know we have at least 50 because my mate has organised a coach. Just depends on how well the club market it I suppose, I know we've been given 4800 at Motherwell and are expected to clear that. But at St.Mirren I reckon we'll about half the total allocation available. Maybe even just about fill it.

Edited by GeordieBootBoys

Our club seem to have missed the boat a bit with this one, we have apparently an affiliation with NUFC yet Motherwell get a glamour game with you which will be a great occasion and we get an U21 game which will hardly attract 1500 fans.

There is no reason it can't be a 'glamour game' as well if the club just clarify exactly what kind of team will be coming up from Newcastle... I reckon there should be more than 1500 anyway...

I think Newcastle have missed a trick as well though like by not making it a first team match from the off. We've got a bit of a link already with the Saints what with us lending you two players who played a reasonably important role in your club last season. We could well have been the first English Premier League team to visit SMP (not sure if that's true though) and we even play in the same colours, which I know is a minor link but it's a link all the same... Club missed a real opportunity to strengthen cross border relations and make a good, lasting connection with an SPL club

How are our club 'to blame' for anything? If the Newcastle side contains four or five guys we know from the telly, plus our League Cup heroes?

Don't go if you think it's shite, but the club are in the business of preparing for the new season, not bringing Shearer, Ginola and Beardsley to town.

A tenner would be better mind you, but this game is interesting - Dumbarton, Ayr and Stirling - with all due respect, should have been closed doors games. Mind you, it was worth the admission fee the time Andy Millen fell over a kit bag at Dumbarton.

Edited by pozbaird

I think Newcastle have missed a trick as well though like by not making it a first team match from the off.

Doubt it would have been our choice. We probably don't rate as glamourous enough opposition for Newcastle to play in a proper friendly.

Despite that I am sure it suits quite well all round, as we get to play a team with Dummett and Newton. Also we get to have a closer look at some of the U21 players who we are probably reasonably well positioned to consider taking on loan this season.

All in all I think it is a win-win situation for Saints and Newcastle. The only downside I can see is the prospect of a few less away fans, as it's not a proper first team friendly.

As far as Saints fans are concerned, I for one would rather go and see a team containing Dummett and Newton, than first team stars like 'Shola Amenobee, Yohan Kebab and Hatem Ben Afre'.........

Edited by ds10

Doubt it would have been our choice. We probably don't rate as glamourous enough opposition for Newcastle to play in a proper friendly.

Glamorous enough... If we're willing to play Darlington and Motherwell, there is no reason we shouldn't be willing to play St.Mirren.

All in all I think it is a win-win situation for Saints and Newcastle. The only downside I can see is the prospect of a few less away fans, as it's not a proper first team friendly.

A few less but NUFC.com are promoting it pretty highly and they usually have a lot of influence on whether or not fans bother going or not. Iit's the only fixture we've got tickets available for so far so I reckon we'll have a respectable following if nothing else.

As far as Saints fans are concerned, I for one would rather go and see a team containing Dummett and Newton, than first team stars like 'Shola Amenobee, Yohan Kebab and Hatem Ben Afre'.........

DON'T SELL KEBAB, YOHAN KEBAB!

JUST DON'T THINK YOU UNDERSTAND!

THAT IF YOU SELL KEBAB, YOHAN KEBAB!

THEN YOU'LL HAVE A TAKE-AWAY ON YOUR HANDS!