Saints V Newcastle Tues 30Th July

I'll be at the match, primarily to see the Saints, having gone a couple of months without a game and eager to see our new signings for the first time. The chance to see a few Newcastle starlets is appealing also. You know - to see who we're going to pick next to join us on loan?

whistling.gif

Some are extremely deluded on here talk of sell outs opening bars etc is laughable

I can understand your cynicism LS. I was disappointed at the original U21 billing myself, but as has been pointed out it's something different to your usual Dumbarton games etc. As for the crowd, i'm not sure, but i reckon there'll maybe a few hundred up from Newcastle. We may even match most SPL away supports. Who knows?

Personally i've an added interest, having had a foot in both camps for many years now, although NUFC are my 1st love. I'll defo be there and i'm looking forward to it.

My biggest question is which end to go in. Would i be welcome/allowed in the Saints end wearing a Toon top? Maybe not with the OTT stewarding of today.

Edited by john scott

I can understand your cynicism LS. I was disappointed at the original U21 billing myself, but as has been pointed out it's something different to your usual Dumbarton games etc. As for the crowd, i'm not sure, but i reckon there'll maybe a few hundred up from Newcastle. We may even match most SPL away supports. Who knows?

Personally i've an added interest, having had a foot in both camps for many years now, although NUFC are my 1st love. I'll defo be there and i'm looking forward to it.

My biggest question is which end to go in. Would i be welcome/allowed in the Saints end wearing a Toon top? Maybe not with the OTT stewarding of today.

Stewarding isn't the problem.

It's the vast array of knuckle dragging thick cunts who are allergic to people wearing the wrong strip within 20 feet of them who are the problem.

There's loads of those on here.

We had a 12 year old given shit (including having a bottle thrown at him and racist abuse) a few years back because he wore a Celtic top in the home end for a game against.........well it wasn't Celtic.

Many on here and other Saints forums thought he had "asked for it by wearing that shirt".

My advice would be to stick to the away end.

Football fans don't really do tolerance.

I wouldn't see any problem with you wearing a toon top in the saints end, on the other hand anyone over 15 shouldn't be wearing football tops anyway unless your playing

Cheers, oh wise one. As if telling us which games are worth going to isn't enough, now your telling us what is acceptable to wear.

Newcastle fan here - First of all I'd like to say that even though NUFC are billing it as an U-21 game, there will still be a number of first team players mixed in with it. I hope Saints fans turn out in their numbers and Toon fans do the same. I'm going to the match (as well as the Well match) but my question is, how many tickets will likely be given to us Newcastle fans? I'll be there anyway, but just want a guide on numbers.

Cheers lads and ladies, congrats on your Cup win. At least some teams in Black&White are able to win things.

Newcastle fan here - First of all I'd like to say that even though NUFC are billing it as an U-21 game, there will still be a number of first team players mixed in with it. I hope Saints fans turn out in their numbers and Toon fans do the same. I'm going to the match (as well as the Well match) but my question is, how many tickets will likely be given to us Newcastle fans? I'll be there anyway, but just want a guide on numbers.

Cheers lads and ladies, congrats on your Cup win. At least some teams in Black&White are able to win things.

i would imagine yous would be able to get as many as 1500 similar to the old firm

If your bringing a few thousand you'll get them or more if you want them, ground holds 8000 I wouldn't imagine much more than 1500 home fans at game

Don't know that we will bring a few thousand to be honest. If the club had announced it as a first team friendly we'd come in our droves no bother... But the fact they've billed it as an U21/XI game I'm not sure we can... Depends on how much PR work the club does and whether or not they announce what first team players will be in the squad sheet... The only confirmed players that will definitely be there as far as I can work out are Newton and Dummett, for obvious reasons. But, I reckon we'll fill out 1500 well enough if that's what we're given.

The away stand holds 1600, there is room for another 800 away fans in the West Stand also.

I don't see it being anywhere near a sell out so bring as many as you like.

Been in the away end with the Toon many times, Stadium of Shite, Old Trafford, Ibrox, Celtic Park, Frankfurt, Birmingham City (worst game ever 1-1 Owen).

Really looking forward to seeing them in my home town even if it is mainly reserves.

I've been in the away end at Newcastle (I travel with West Ham a lot).

The best bit is having a pint at the top of the stairs and watching every other fan celebrate reaching the top like its a mountain climb. Its a workout! Almost had my head chopped off by a plane's wing at half time.

I've been in the away end at Newcastle (I travel with West Ham a lot).

The best bit is having a pint at the top of the stairs and watching every other fan celebrate reaching the top like its a mountain climb. Its a workout! Almost had my head chopped off by a plane's wing at half time.

So it's a but like SMP?

Why all the fuss about the make-up of the opposition? I'm there first and foremost to see the Mirren!

I think it relates more to the price of the tickets Paul, and, indeed, why it has to be all-ticket (another daft scenario).

I'll probably go along for the want of anything better to do, but I think £15 is pushing it.