Snp Caught Lying Yet Again....

Stuart Dickson

It's irrelevant where they are registered.

All of these companies are global companies and you understand that perfectly well so I really don't understand why you are arguing the other way.

If a company is trading globally then it doesn't really belong to any one country.

You really need to take some basic economics classes.

BTW I can guarantee you (although you know this full well) that RBS would have been allowed to fold.

Savings accounts of Scottish savers would have been insured and paid up to the amount required by the Scottish government.

Other countries would have been left to do their own thing. That is the nature of the beast.

I suspect that in view of this certainty, the UK government would have stepped in to bail that bank out.

Not to bail out Scotland. Not to prevent bankruptcy here. To bail out one company.

That's not what happened with Landsbanki as you well know. When it went under during the 2008 financial crisis the Icelandic government took over the running of the bank - in the same was as the UK government took control of the majority shareholding at RBS. Then what happened was the UK government evoked anti terror laws and seized the UK assets of the Icelandic government relating to Landsbanki to ensure all UK savers had ALL of their money protected.

RBS would have been deemed a foreign bank operating in London - just as AIB and Landsbanki were - and all English based assets of the Scottish Government would also have been seized if an agreement couldn't have been reached with the Scottish Government protecting UK customers deposit accounts. Scotland would have been f**ked - I don't know why you are arguing otherwise Oaksoft. There's plenty of evidence around to show how banks were treated when the crisis struck. .

The best way to solve any energy shortage we have in the UK Oaksoft is to invest in energy usage reduction.

1 We don't have energy shortages in the UK. Starting up renewable energy is the best way to ensure that stays a sustainable position.

You have just accepted that gas and coal power stations are the most efficient technology we have to date.

2 I said you can't compare the two methods yet until BOTH have reached full maturity. Are you seriously trying to argue that just because new technology is more expensive than mature technology today that you shouldn't innovate? Deary me.

Like you say it's a mature and proven method of production so investing in shale gas extraction should be the priority so we can continue to use existing and new gas powered plants to efficiently and cheaply provide the energy we need in Scotland.

3 Shale gas is NOT a mature or proven method of production. What are you talking about man?

Instead though we see the daft Scottish Parliament investing £billions in the installation of expensive and inefficient wave and wind generators which you yourself have acknowledged is an immature business needed loads more development to become even remotely competitive with existing solutions.

Surely instead of wasting all our money on inefficient, under developed energy generation - we should be investing in proven, reliable, cheap and efficient methods of energy generation whilst keeping half an eye on the R&D for new technology which may become more viable at a much later date.

4 Do you even understand the phrase "fossils fuels are not a renewable source of fuel"? Seriously, were you asleep that day in school?

Estimates for fossil fuels running out are about 30-50 years. There is no such thing as a new technology which is cheaper than a mature technology. This is not a problem about cost. This is a problem about sustainability. Trust a Tory to see only pound signs without understanding anything else.

To come back to the first sentence in this post this week the company I work for reduced the energy usage of a new retail client - TK Maxx - by 10% simply by implementing one small HVAC strategy change. A far better use of Scottish taxpayers money would be to invest in developing the controls technology that could bring similar energy savings into each home, office, factory and retail outlet but politicians won't do that because it means they get less tax take on VAT receipts.

5 There's not a single sane and intelligent person in this world who genuinely believes we will reduce our energy consumption. It's not in human nature to do this unless you introduce hefty usage penalty taxes. A long term strategy based on this idea of lowering consumption is destined to fail. Only a brainless clown would suggest it. Hang on.....

1. Oh right so we aren't importing gas and oil then? I must have misread that! Oh no wait - I didn't. :rolleyes:

2. Let me put this another way so you can understand it. Lets consider those wee electric cars that have hit the market. Some would say they are clever and innovative. They may even argue that it is the future of motoring. However those with their sanity intact will recognise that whilst they may well be marvelling at something for the future they are actually looking at a car that is extremely expensive compared to it's petrol equivalents; that the 100 mile limit before you need to break for two hours to recharge makes driving any kind of distance in these cars totally impractical. Wind and wave technology is like that just now. It may well be the future, but right now it's inefficient, impractical and far too f**king expensive. I've no problem with the Scottish Government spending some money on R&D - but pissing away £billions on inefficient underdeveloped technology is bonkers whether you are relating it to business or to any other facet of life.

3. Yes it is. We've been using the same techniques when drilling for oil for well over 30 years Oaksoft. We know how to extract the gas safely and efficiently.

4. No, the estimates for North Sea Oil is that it will run out in 30-50 years. That figure was revised upwards from previous scare levels that claimed we were 10 years from reaching the point where it would be no longer economically viable to continue to extract the oil. What you are confusing is the point where extraction remains economically viable, against the point were we've used up all of the fossil fuels on the planet. With each technological development the % of oil we can economically extract increases and we are very good at extracting oil and gas. If you take into account the oil that is believed to be in the Atlantic Shelf as well as the shale gas discoveries in the north of England we are certainly not going to run out of fossil fuels in mine, or your lifetime.

5. Really? There's many sane, intelligent people - far more so than me - working beside me who believe we will reduce energy consumption by quite a bit. We've got evidence too with absolute proof of huge energy bill savings at some of the largest retailers in the UK We may eventually move to a world where we use more electricity whilst cutting down on petrol or diesel consumption. It's not rocket science really - for example I've got 14 TV's in my house, just how many more do I need?

1. Oh right so we aren't importing gas and oil then? I must have misread that! Oh no wait - I didn't. rolleyes.gif

2. Let me put this another way so you can understand it. Lets consider those wee electric cars that have hit the market. Some would say they are clever and innovative. They may even argue that it is the future of motoring. However those with their sanity intact will recognise that whilst they may well be marvelling at something for the future they are actually looking at a car that is extremely expensive compared to it's petrol equivalents; that the 100 mile limit before you need to break for two hours to recharge makes driving any kind of distance in these cars totally impractical. Wind and wave technology is like that just now. It may well be the future, but right now it's inefficient, impractical and far too f**king expensive. I've no problem with the Scottish Government spending some money on R&D - but pissing away £billions on inefficient underdeveloped technology is bonkers whether you are relating it to business or to any other facet of life.

3. Yes it is. We've been using the same techniques when drilling for oil for well over 30 years Oaksoft. We know how to extract the gas safely and efficiently.

4. No, the estimates for North Sea Oil is that it will run out in 30-50 years. That figure was revised upwards from previous scare levels that claimed we were 10 years from reaching the point where it would be no longer economically viable to continue to extract the oil. What you are confusing is the point where extraction remains economically viable, against the point were we've used up all of the fossil fuels on the planet. With each technological development the % of oil we can economically extract increases and we are very good at extracting oil and gas. If you take into account the oil that is believed to be in the Atlantic Shelf as well as the shale gas discoveries in the north of England we are certainly not going to run out of fossil fuels in mine, or your lifetime.

5. Really? There's many sane, intelligent people - far more so than me - working beside me who believe we will reduce energy consumption by quite a bit. We've got evidence too with absolute proof of huge energy bill savings at some of the largest retailers in the UK We may eventually move to a world where we use more electricity whilst cutting down on petrol or diesel consumption. It's not rocket science really - for example I've got 14 TV's in my house, just how many more do I need?

Good to see the cybernats out in force yet again as they attempt to firefight on behalf of their dear leaders failed referendum campaign. But putting those f**king losers to one side for a while...

The green marxist lunatics who are currently making a half arsed attempt to "stop fracking" at a site where they are actually testing to see if they can extract enough oil to be commercially viable1eye.gif are f**king cunts. Their greatest fear is that people in this country get cheap fuel. That would virtually destroy their ambitions, which is of course an end to "capitalism". They are imbeciles.

As for shale gas, the British Geological Survey has released estimates of gas supplies that are in a tiny portion of the Bowland shale basin in Lancashire. They estimate around 40 years worth of gas in that small portion of the shale (at present gas useage). They actually estimate that the entire Bowland shale basin contains enough natural gas to last us 1000 (one thousand) years at present useage. Self sufficiency in gas. No more reliance on Russia, who are already taking the piss with their prices, and a drop in the cost of fuel will help the poor. Instead of hammering the poor with expensive energy costs so that they can help subsidise the windmill industry that doesn't and never will, work.

Thats the reason why Germany has been quietly ditching its windmill programme and has been building an unprecedented number of coal fired power stations. Burning the utterly filthy lignite as well! They are already worrying about power outages in harsh winters and they dont want it to happen to them.

The people who are against expoliting shale gas are f**king wanks. All of them. Ask them why they want to keep poor people paying for rich landowners rental bungs for windmills. Taking money from the poor and directing it straight into the pockets of the rich.

Anyway, shale gas IS going to be happening here, we need it, and in spite of some of the potsturing by politicians, they know it has to be done and that we will all benefit.clap.gif

And I have come to think that whether Dickson or anyone else is a bellend or not, nobody should be telling anyone else what they can and can't discuss.

There seems to be a plague of people running around the various threads right now yelling "shut this thread", "get this pish closed", "this is meant to be a football forum" etc.

If people want to discuss anything whatsoever then they should be allowed to do so provided it falls within the rules of the forum and the law.

Deary me Tom, didn't you fight in the Crimean War to protect such liberties?

And I agree that whether Dickson or anyone else is a bellend or not, nobody should be telling me or anyone else what opinion's can and cannot be politely and directly communicated. There is indeed a plague of people running around the various threads yelling "you can't say that", "who are you to tell me that", "I think your a racist/bigot for no good reason", "this is not just a football forum you know" etc.

If people want to discuss politics then they should go to a political forum where such discussion falls within the rules and the scope of the forum.

Deary me Oaksoft, didn't you read about me fighting the Boer war to protect such decencies?

1. Oh right so we aren't importing gas and oil then? I must have misread that! Oh no wait - I didn't. rolleyes.gif

3. Blah blah blah

Wow Stuart, I'll leave you and Retard to it.

Frankly you're both as crazy as each other and I can't be arsed discussing stuff when you are both like this.

If your ambition is to talk to an empty room then you're succeeding.

Edited by oaksoft

Frankly you're both as crazy as each other and I can't be arsed discussing stuff when you are both like this.

1000 years worth of shale gas in England.

Read it and weep.<_<

Guest somner9

Yee-ha another poster eventually gets it that Dicko is a Psycho.... and writes in green ink! (thats the colour of pen psycho's use when sending rant letters to...'Whom it may concern...')

Doesn't matter. AIB were exactly the same. RBS and HBOS were registered as Scottish companies and they had their Head Offices in Scotland.

How do you figure that AIB were exactly the same? They are an Irish bank, based in Dublin, and all decisions are taken in Dublin. How is that the same as a Scottish bank where the main decisions are taken in another country?

How do you figure that AIB were exactly the same?  They are an Irish bank, based in Dublin, and all decisions are taken in Dublin.  How is that the same as a Scottish bank where the main decisions are taken in another country?

AIB run First Trust Bank which is a Northern Irish Bank and AIB GB which is a UK bank with its HQ in Birmingham. They also owned 25% of M&T - a US Bank. AIB traded it's shares on the London Stock market and most of the major investment decisions that pulled it under were taken in London. Yet the burden fell solely on the Irish Taxpayer.

It's extremely relevant to this discussion as it's quite simply an RBS on a smaller scale

AIB run First Trust Bank which is a Northern Irish Bank and AIB GB which is a UK bank with its HQ in Birmingham. They also owned 25% of M&T - a US Bank. AIB traded it's shares on the London Stock market and most of the major investment decisions that pulled it under were taken in London. Yet the burden fell solely on the Irish Taxpayer.

It's extremely relevant to this discussion as it's quite simply an RBS on a smaller scale

If AIB GB is a UK Bank, paying it's taxes in the UK and registered in the UK there is no way the Irish taxpayer took the hit.

If however the monies were being transferred through to a "Holding", "Group" or "Parent" company based, registered and paying taxes in Ireland then the Irish Taxpayer may have had to suffer............this is totally different from RBS, RBS was paying it's taxes and generating revenue for the UK and hence the UK Government stepped in, to try and say that "Scotland" would have gone under is massaging the truth as "Scotland" never got the Corporation Taxes and Employer's National Insurance that went with it

If AIB GB is a UK Bank, paying it's taxes in the UK and registered in the UK there is no way the Irish taxpayer took the hit.

If however the monies were being transferred through to a "Holding", "Group" or "Parent" company based, registered and paying taxes in Ireland then the Irish Taxpayer may have had to suffer............this is totally different from RBS, RBS was paying it's taxes and generating revenue for the UK and hence the UK Government stepped in, to try and say that "Scotland" would have gone under is massaging the truth as "Scotland" never got the Corporation Taxes and Employer's National Insurance that went with it

There isn't an alternative for any Scottish company at the moment.

They all pay London and then we have to go cap in hand to get some of it back once London have finished spunking it on moat expenses for Tory MPs, enough nuclear weapons to kill everyone twenty seven times and the various illegal wars we are still trying to get ourselves out of.

That is part of the problem and why we must have independence to fix our country.

Edited by oaksoft

Completely wrong, Dicko. What forced AIB 'under' was its unhealthy lending practices in Ireland on the back of an artificial property bubble. The VAST majority of debts that had to be underwritten by the Irish taxpayer (and indeed the German taxayer) were related to over estimated property values and large wedges of cash being given to Irish developers using that property as collateral. Stop pontificating on things you know f*ck all about.

SNP MSP Bill Walker was convicted last night of 23 charges of domestic abuse yesterday and he is now awaiting sentencing. The sheriff said in passing sentence that she found him to be controlling, domineering, demeaning and belittling towards his three ex-wives. Sheriff Mackie said: "I found all the Crown's witnesses, and in particular the three principal complainers, credible and reliable. I did not find the accused a credible witness. I reject his contention that the complainers had fabricated their evidence."

Brilliant toys out the pram post there oaksoft. I also particularly liked your post where you must know because you live in the US, unarguable facts like this really hammered home your point 1eye.gif

Brilliant toys out the pram post there oaksoft. I also particularly liked your post where you must know because you live in the US, unarguable facts like this really hammered home your point 1eye.gif

Its what he does. He comes out with a statement, can't back it up, cant debate his points and eventually slinks off in the huff after launching a bitter personal attack on someone. He seems to have gained a reputation for it all across a series of subjects in these message boards.

Have you nothing to say about it. After copying and pasting it on here.

I'm glad he was eventually brought to justice, Just a pity his first wife didn't do something about it to prevent him doing it to the other two, likewise for his second for his third.

Next year i will be voting for independence so that in years to come, i'm not responsible like those who were lied to in the 70's regarding how we would be worse off. Better together, still lying to you.

Well the only comment I think I need to make on this subject is that you have to question to vetting process at both party level and within the Scottish Parliament. Bill Walker had the allegations of domestic violence filed on his two previous uncontested divorce cases yet he was allowed to stand as a candidate for the SNP, and he was allowed to serve as an MSP in the Scottish Parliament.

Surely these allegations from two different sources should have shown up on a CRB check.

As for your final paragraph, that's fair enough. Instead it'll be your kids who will be holding you responsible for f**king up their lives, their education and their future all because you believed the self serving lies you are being fed by SNP politicians. Not that I fear it will ever happen, but should it I hope you will be able to sleep at night and that your conscience doesn't get to you too much....:rolleyes:

Its what he does. He comes out with a statement, can't back it up, cant debate his points and eventually slinks off in the huff after launching a bitter personal attack on someone.

Whereas you & StuD don't slink off in the huff after not backing up your statements. Unfortunately.

Its what he does. He comes out with a statement, can't back it up, cant debate his points and eventually slinks off in the huff after launching a bitter personal attack on someone. He seems to have gained a reputation for it all across a series of subjects in these message boards.

Actually the truth is more boring.

Frankly I'm not wasting my time talking to people who are grade A idiots like Dickson and grade A crazy nutters like you.

Life is too short. I have other things I enjoy.

Well the only comment I think I need to make on this subject is that you have to question to vetting process at both party level and within the Scottish Parliament. Bill Walker had the allegations of domestic violence filed on his two previous uncontested divorce cases yet he was allowed to stand as a candidate for the SNP, and he was allowed to serve as an MSP in the Scottish Parliament.

Surely these allegations from two different sources should have shown up on a CRB check.

As for your final paragraph, that's fair enough. Instead it'll be your kids who will be holding you responsible for f**king up their lives, their education and their future all because you believed the self serving lies you are being fed by SNP politicians. Not that I fear it will ever happen, but should it I hope you will be able to sleep at night and that your conscience doesn't get to you too much....rolleyes.gif

Why would an "allegation" in a divorce settlement show up on a CRB check? If the police hadn't been called, if there was no arrest and there was no charge and/or judgement I can't imagine why it would show up on a CRB check.................other than to suit "someone's" agenda!!

In respect of the point you make about knowing what is actually happening in the US - i know that the cost of electricity has gone up at least in this part of the US because i pay the sodding bills! I also know that the price has been set for the next 3 years with an average increase of around 5%.

I suppose you could be right though that a pipe-fitting ex St Mirren supporter on a St Mirren supporters forum who lives in Lanarkshire would know more about US domestic electricity bills than the people who actually live here.

Why would an "allegation" in a divorce settlement show up on a CRB check? If the police hadn't been called, if there was no arrest and there was no charge and/or judgement I can't imagine why it would show up on a CRB check.................other than to suit "someone's" agenda!!

http://www.disclosurescotland.co.uk/what-is-disclosure/

Sample certificates with some guidance as to how they look and what they contain:

Basic, Standard, Enhanced, Enhanced with Lists check, PVG Scheme Record, PVG Scheme Record Update, PVG Scheme Membership Statement

Disclosure information could include:

• Details of criminal records
  • Information about a persons inclusion on children's or adults' lists
  • Other relevant information held by a local police force or Government Body
  • Or state that there is no information

An enhanced check would have highlighted that he was accused of domestic abuse in both his previous marriages. It was a matter of public record, indeed it was how the Sunday Herald managed to expose his abusive history. The SNP responded to the article by expelling Walker from the party for not disclosing the information on allegations during his MSP vetting. Now if either the SNP or the Scottish Parliament did not know about the allegations they were not doing their job properly. An MSP has access to many vulnerable groups through the nature of their work. Walker should never have been allowed to stand for office.