The Referendum Thread

Lanarkshire_Bud

Scottish Independence Referendum  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

She did write the word 'MAY' which would suggest she is not too sure.

Can't say I am an expert in banking though I do have two family members working in RBS headquarters Edinburgh so here is what I understand.

Banks lend to each other Stuart. For Instance RBS were an extremely worried bank not so long ago when Greece nearly defaulted , the reason being because RBS lent a great deal of money to Greek banks before that countries banks went tits up. Most banks loan and take loans from each other that's why the banking sector was like a pack of cards falling during the crisis. Some banks worse than others with RBS being particular bad.

Who the f**k wants a bank that doesnt want to operate without a "lender of last resort"

Teenager and credit card scenario

Guest TPAFKATS

New YouGov poll out this evening.

smile.png

So we get a 1% swing from the Uk Gov friendly YouGov poll. Bit disappointing after the week of media frenzy (and on here) about salmond blowing it , no plan B etc...

Anyone read the Wee Blue Book by Stuarts best mate Rev Stuart Campbell?

"On September the 18th you’re going to have to make the
most important decision any Scot in history has ever made,
and it seems only fair that you should be able to do it based
on the real and full facts. Scotland’s media has only told
you one half of the story. Don’t you at least want to hear
both sides before you decide?"

http://worldofstuart.excellentcontent.com/WeeBlueBookDesktopEdition.pdf

I just finished reading it cover to cover. Very concise and to the point covering what I expect are the main issues. Obviously biased towards YES but that doesn't make it untrue and it is fully sourced.

The only part that he might have got carried away with was the bit about Scotland qualifying for the World Cup!

Guest TPAFKATS

A superb read!

Whether you agree with his political views or not - Stuart Campbell is a VERY clever young man!

I'm sure he has many views that I don't agree with, however he is a great antidote to the mainstream media in this country

Anyone read the Wee Blue Book by Stuarts best mate Rev Stuart Campbell?

"On September the 18th you’re going to have to make the
most important decision any Scot in history has ever made,
and it seems only fair that you should be able to do it based
on the real and full facts. Scotland’s media has only told
you one half of the story. Don’t you at least want to hear
both sides before you decide?"

http://worldofstuart.excellentcontent.com/WeeBlueBookDesktopEdition.pdf

No mate of mine. I don't call the kind of person who claims he laughed while watching the scenes at Hillsborough unfolding as any "friend" of mine.

Some of Campbells other views....

Campbell also argued with Lynne Fox, the sister of Hillsborough victim Thomas Fox.

He tweeted: “If people stop when they get to a wall of human beings instead of ramming it, nobody dies.

Then after being exposed after making more unsavoury comments about a transgender soldier online he responded saying

“I absolutely stand by my article on Hillsborough, which explicitly and clearly did not blame the victims in any way for their fate, and which was also selectively and deliberately misrepresented for the purposes of smearing Wings Over Scotland, even though it was written in a personal capacity on a different site. Some people appear to be very afraid of us indeed.”

I'm not surprised that the natsi's on here still quote this prick even long after the Yes Campaign have tried to distance themselves from his views. Sadly it's exactly the kind of desperate behaviour we've come to expect from nationalists.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

No mate of mine. I don't call the kind of person who claims he laughed while watching the scenes at Hillsborough unfolding as any "friend" of mine.

Some of Campbells other views....

Then after being exposed after making more unsavoury comments about a transgender soldier online he responded saying

I'm not surprised that the natsi's on here still quote this prick even long after the Yes Campaign have tried to distance themselves from his views. Sadly it's exactly the kind of desperate behaviour we've come to expect from nationalists.

The referendum is not personal. The facts remain the same regardless of whether someone is a dick or not.

The fact that you chose to attack his personality instead of his document speaks volumes. I don't claim that he is a nice guy that you would want to sit and have a cup of tea and scone with, but he has put together a coherent summary of the case for YES thus far, and it is a fairly compelling one...whether he is an asshole or not.

Are you still misrepresenting lying about that? You just keep regurgitating lies that have already been shown to be lies. Why would anyone with a modicum of intelligence do that? Oops, silly me, it's Dorothy.

It's not lies - and as shown he's admitted he made those posts on his Twitter account. Even Pat Kane disassociated himself and the Yes Campaign from this fanny. Why aren't you?

As I have shown before, there are many parallels between the Yes Campaign at the rise to power of Aldolf Hitler. Hitler held extremist views, exported them from his native country to Germany and spread his extremist propaganda to the kind of electoral zombie that would let him have power, some Germans even thought he was a very clever man.

Natsi's would do well to pay attention to what the history books tell them :rolleyes:

As I have shown before, there are many parallels between the Yes Campaign at the rise to power of Margaret Thatcher. Thatcher held extremist views, exported them from her native country to Scotland and spread her extremist propaganda to the kind of electoral zombie that would let her have power, some Scots even thought she was a very clever woman.

Scottish voters would do well to pay attention to what the history books tell them rolleyes.gif

Easy fixed!

I mean, what type of mono browed lowlife would refer to people who disagree with him as Nazis?

How long is this vile reference going to be allowed? I know of 4 posters who have put in reports at how distasteful they find it in virtually every posting and yet it still goes on unabated.

A decent debate can be enjoyed without this incessant abuse.

Is there a Mod view ? Do the complaints have to reach a certain number ?

You have to laugh at Fatty taking mock offence to a person's actions which almost mirror his own actions.

I mean, what type of mono browed lowlife would refer to people who disagree with him as Nazis?

I think you've finally convinced me it's not all about Alex Salmond. It's definitely all about Stuart Dickson. How would you have managed without him? He's got more to say than Salmond and he is funnier.

How long is this vile reference going to be allowed? I know of 4 posters who have put in reports at how distasteful they find it in virtually every posting and yet it still goes on unabated.

I have contacted the mods twice AND publically asked Mr Dickson to desist from being DELIBERATELY offensive.

Once can be overlooked as "banter" but, whilst his views may conflict with some others, he is welcome to his opinions, but this can be doen in an inoffesnsive & intelligent manner.

Perhaps he is simply not capable?

Leave Dickie alone , it is how he gets his kicks . It gives him a wee toffee mallet everytime he manages to type it and let's face it , it has been a long while since anything esle was able to give him a wee toffee mallet. .

As long as people respond to him he'll still be around. .