The Referendum Thread

Lanarkshire_Bud

Scottish Independence Referendum  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Again, you have taken things out of context and selectively quoted. As the guy himself said, why have the people he was chatting with online not brought the issue up and why are they still talking to him to this day? Maybe it's because he wasn't being abuse to them. I don't know the guy, maybe he's a tosser, maybe he's not. I've not seen him accused of comparing anyone who doesn't share his view on a particular single matter to the Nazis though.

As for your parallels - you're just talking shite again ya thick c**t.

You are right actually. I'm wrong.

Yeah, it wasn't Hillsborough he laughed all the way through - it was 9/11. Hillsborough - he thinks - would have been avoided if Liverpool fans being crushed to death had kicked back their heels and jabbed their elbows like he used to do at Barrowlands.

Stuart Campbell's other Tweets and Blogs - ''old soldiers, I wish them all dead'', ''they should go back home to what they're best at – sucking off BritNat Tory monkeys d*cks'' and lastly ''by highlighting my reasonably held views on 9/11, women, homosexuals, trans-sexuals, jingoistic Britnat tossers, Rangers scum, Liverpool fan c**ts, sectarian Celtic fans and Nationalist wife beaters, the black hearted Bitter Together opponents of freedom loving Bath based Scots everywhere, are trying to villify me personally''.
Edited by Stuart Dickson

The latest Scottish Social Attitudes Survey conducted from May 2014 - June 2014 shows some grim reading for the Yes Campaign this morning.

Amongst the highlights - only 25% of Scots believe that Scotland economy would be better after Independence, whilst some 44% of Scots believed Scotlands economy would be worse off. That's a rise of 10% since last year.

30% of Scots believe that after Independence the gap between rich and poor will increase - that's up 5% on last year. Just 17% thought it would decrease.

60% of Scots voters were "quite" or "very" unsure of what Independence would entail. Only 27% believed they knew a "great deal" or "quite a lot".

68% of Scots want to retain Sterling in a Currency Union, only 8% would support using Sterling without a currency union and only 6% favoured using the Euro.

25% said they planned to vote "Yes" in September. That's up from 20% last year. 43% planned to vote "No" with 29% undecided.

39% of men back separation, but only 27% of women - a gap that has doubled in the last year and apparently the highest gender gap ever found in a SSA survey.

Salmond gets a score of 4.4/10 from women, 4.9/10 from men.

And perhaps the most revealing statistic of the lot -

The percentage of Scots who regarded themselves as British has risen from 15% in 2011 to 23% now, whilst those calling themselves Scottish has fallen from 75% to 65% over the same period.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Guest TPAFKATS

That's funny Dicko, the bbc is leading with the headline that the Survey shows only 14% favour a new currency and 68% favour keeping the pound. Not like you to be selective with facts or to miss represent them...

Guest TPAFKATS

Jackie Baillie was on Scotland Tonight, er last night, being 'interviewed' by John McKay.

Apparently Labour in Scotland now of the opinion that as food banks operate in Germany and, she also claimed, 10% of Irish use them so thats ok then.

My dislike for labour grows by the day, worse than tories in many ways!

Jackie Baillie was on Scotland Tonight, er last night, being 'interviewed' by John McKay.

Apparently Labour in Scotland now of the opinion that as food banks operate in Germany and, she also claimed, 10% of Irish use them so thats ok then.

My dislike for labour grows by the day, worse than tories in many ways!

I heard that too. That was a disgrace. Almost as bd as the Tories saying that food banks themselves have created a market for food banks.

Our country is run by some right cunts.

That's funny Dicko, the bbc is leading with the headline that the Survey shows only 14% favour a new currency and 68% favour keeping the pound. Not like you to be selective with facts or to miss represent them...

You need to learn to read. I said 68% want to keep the currency union but none of the options I mentioned talked about a "new currency".

To help you out I listed the percentages for what we are all guessing is the SNP's Plan B and C.

68% - want to retain Sterling within a currency union

8% - would be happy to retain Sterling outwith a currency union.

6% - want to adopt the Euro.

Nothing selective about it. Infact it's directly quoting the survey itself.

I heard that too. That was a disgrace. Almost as bd as the Tories saying that food banks themselves have created a market for food banks.

Our country is run by some right cunts.

Couldn't agree more and when both the Tories and Labour openly appear to support food banks as an anti poverty policy you know the looneys have taken over the assylum. One foodbank in a country never mind hundreds is a shamefull indicator that the government of the day have failed the people it claims to serve.

10614301_345323475624320_598339982087150

smile.png

What exactly do you find wrong with that statement? It is exactly a sign of human compassion and social cohesion.

The graph comes from the Trussell Trust Food Banks and as it says it refers to the primary referral causes. If the Nationalists got their way and we closed all foodbanks where would the victims of Domestic Violence get their emergency food supply whilst sorting out their benefit claims? Where would the homeless get their food?

referral-causes.png

As the graph shows - poverty is not a reason given for referral. Instead a huge percentage of the referrals are down to benefit penalties and delays. The UK is one of the wealthiest countries in the world with one of the most generous benefit systems.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

No 55% (+1)

Yes 35 (0)

DK 10 (-1)

Yet more great news for our union.

Yet more? You sound d e s p e r a t e

I like Boris

love-sign.gifbootyshake.gif

It's not lies - and as shown he's admitted he made those posts on his Twitter account. Even Pat Kane disassociated himself and the Yes Campaign from this fanny. Why aren't you?

As I have shown before, there are many parallels between the Yes Campaign at the rise to power of Aldolf Hitler. Hitler held extremist views, exported them from his native country to Germany and spread his extremist propaganda to the kind of electoral zombie that would let him have power, some Germans even thought he was a very clever man.

Natsi's would do well to pay attention to what the history books tell them rolleyes.gif

'

Despicable! Mods! Kick this poster's fanny please...

Desperate?

Why would I be desperate? We are absolutely romping this, it's too easy.

smile.png

Yep. The SSA proved that what we've been saying is absolutely right. The daft Natsis have been too busy trying to convince themselves that there is a benefit to independence that they forgot to convince the rest of us and they've done such a poor job of campaigning that they have driven Scots to feel far more British than they ever did before.

I've really enjoyed the last couple of weeks. The build up to the big debate when the Natsi's claimed Salmond was going to turn their whole campaign around by booting Darling in the nuts, and then seeing them all attempting desperately to distance the Yes Campaign from Salmond in the immediate aftermath. It's been really quite funny. Now their desperate levels have sunk to the extent that on here they're quoting a man who claims in his own blogs and Twitter feeds that he laughed all the way through 9/11, who launched a vicious tirade on his website blogging about a trans-gender soldier, and who thinks Liverpool fans could have prevented the Hillsborough disaster if only they've kicked out their heels and used their elbows to get themselves the breathing space to escape - and they're calling him a "very clever man". And at the same time, and without any hint of self deprecating irony, they attempt to use the ever popular Boris Johnston as a reason not to stay in the Union.

Silly natsis

Yep. The SSA proved that what we've been saying is absolutely right. The daft Natsis have been too busy trying to convince themselves that there is a benefit to independence that they forgot to convince the rest of us and they've done such a poor job of campaigning that they have driven Scots to feel far more British than they ever did before.

I've really enjoyed the last couple of weeks. The build up to the big debate when the Natsi's claimed Salmond was going to turn their whole campaign around by booting Darling in the nuts, and then seeing them all attempting desperately to distance the Yes Campaign from Salmond in the immediate aftermath. It's been really quite funny. Now their desperate levels have sunk to the extent that on here they're quoting a man who claims in his own blogs and Twitter feeds that he laughed all the way through 9/11, who launched a vicious tirade on his website blogging about a trans-gender soldier, and who thinks Liverpool fans could have prevented the Hillsborough disaster if only they've kicked out their heels and used their elbows to get themselves the breathing space to escape - and they're calling him a "very clever man". And at the same time, and without any hint of self deprecating irony, they attempt to use the ever popular Boris Johnston as a reason not to stay in the Union.

Silly natsis

Meltdown!

You have made it extremely clear that you can't refute the claims made in the Wee Blue Book since you have wasted all your time focusing on the personality flaws of a single man (or two if you count Salmond) instead of countering the reasons for independence that have been put forward.

Many people on here apparently don't like you so by your own logic does that make your entire case for the union complete nonsense?

The ever popular Boris Johnston is shooting his fellow NO campaigners in the foot by saying that the "guaranteed extra powers" shouldn't be given to Scotland and by being so popular he could very well be the man who gets to make the decision on it. It's extremely embarrassing for BT.

David Cameron and Alistair Darling are being equally as embarrassing since their entire campaign seems to hinge on "We'll give you more powers......if you vote against having more powers". 1eye.gif

Guest TPAFKATS

If the Nationalists got their way and we closed all foodbanks where would the victims of Domestic Violence get their emergency food supply whilst sorting out their benefit claims? Where would the homeless get their food?

Oh dear.

Did I not mention context? I thought I had. Instead of posting selective quotes from the guy, post the full things and the things he was replying to - you know, the full conversation. What you are doing is like you quoting someone on here as saying "I like Stuart Dickson", when they actually said "I like Stuart Dickson, in fact I like all vegetables".

He wasn't replying to anyone - the full blog was his own. You can find one of the versions of his Hillsborough rants quite easily with a simple search. It's heavily sanitised from the shock jocks first few attempts but he's still making ridiculous claims about how the whole catastrophe would have been avoided if fans had just kicked back, used their elbows and bought themselves some space to get out.

The guy makes a living - he's a freelance journalist - from writing hugely controversial articles and when he gets called out on his inaccuracies - remember Claire Lally - he contacts the various newspapers demanding that the journalist that wrote about him be sacked whilst threatening legal action.

I haven't read his wee book. I'll never pay any attention to Stuart Campbell and I've absolutely no idea why anyone supporting the Yes Campaign would want to associate themselves with him either. Still it's your choice and it's choices like that one that are widening the gap between the Yes Campaign and credibility.