The Referendum Thread

Lanarkshire_Bud

Scottish Independence Referendum  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Frankie Boyle on Twitter:-

If David Beckham can write a letter anything is possible

You can ask yourself if you trust Clegg, Cameron & Miliband, or you can vote YES and never think about the cunts ever again.

Typical Frankie Boyle. Of course, being the type of person who likes to rage and use foul and abusive language at about anything and everything different from himself, he fits into "Team Yes" very well...

Going to be an awful lot of party poppers going to waste on Friday.

Kidding apart, no gloating, no point scoring, no need to point or laugh just ...........................

Aww feck it........................lol.giflaugh.pngflipa.gifmoon.gif

Choose whatever smilie suits. wink.png

We've already got you for that, we don't need anyone/anything else. lol.gif

Going to be an awful lot of party poppers going to waste on Friday.

Kidding apart, no gloating, no point scoring, no need to point or laugh just ...........................

Aww feck it........................lol.giflaugh.pngflipa.gifmoon.gif

Choose whatever smilie suits. wink.png

Well, we know the last one is your favourite. whistling.gif

I think you'll find that the second last is his personal favourite...

She could have read them on different days surely?

You think so? It's her only source of news, apparently.

She's 73 and completely deaf so I guess it's her only real news supplier.

So, she gets a paper one day, doesn't bother reading it, gets the next day's and reads it, gets the next day's, doesn't read it and reads the 2 day old paper instead.

Good story, bit too far-fetched for me, but enjoyable, a real page turner. And, literally, incredible.

You think so? It's her only source of news, apparently.

So, she gets a paper one day, doesn't bother reading it, gets the next day's and reads it, gets the next day's, doesn't read it and reads the 2 day old paper instead.

Good story, bit too far-fetched for me, but enjoyable, a real page turner. And, literally, incredible.

Auld yins can get very confused.

Guest TPAFKATS

Oh ouch. An NHS Whistleblower has sent official documents to the BBC which PROVE the SNP are looking at a £400m funding gap in the Scottish NHS and that after Thursday they intend to impose deep cuts.

So much for the NHS being safe in the SNPs hands

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-29213416

The Scottish block grant has been cut by £1.7 billion by the current UK government.

The biggest single expenditure by Scottish Government is NHS. What percentage of that budget is 400 million?

A funding gap isn't a cut.

There's more cuts coming from westminster, agreed to be labour as well.

A simpleton like me can work this out, yet our media are unable to do this, or see the irony.

The Scottish block grant has been cut by £1.7 billion by the current UK government.

The biggest single expenditure by Scottish Government is NHS. What percentage of that budget is 400 million?

A funding gap isn't a cut.

There's more cuts coming from westminster, agreed to be labour as well.

A simpleton like me can work this out, yet our media are unable to do this, or see the irony.

Council tax freeze has taken 2.5 billions from the pot.

Free prescriptions? Don't get me started.

One issue that really pisses me off is that many children in our country are going without education once again on Thursday when there are alternative options to host the polls.

I live in Elderslie and recently raised the issue with a local Councillor and suggested that the Village Hall is perfectly adequate, so why is this council facility not being used?

Dear Slash,

Further to your enquiry I am writing to advise that Wallace Primary School is always used on Election Day for voters in Elderslie. At the last review of Polling Places in Renfrewshire, no issues were raised regarding this matter.

I trust this is of assistance to you.

So I dug out the report from the meeting on December 2013 that shows the complete opposite. A representative from the Wallace PTA had raised the same request. The evaluation clearly states that the Village Hall is fit for purpose and meets all the criteria. The reason the request was rejected was mainly because "we've always used the school and it is centrally located"

attachicon.gifWallace.png

Many alternative locations including church halls, community centres and scout halls are used throughout the region.

The wrong people are in charge of our councils and our country.

indeed councillors are bullshit merchants,just like all politicians,they try and fend you off with the first generalism that comes into their head, i witnessed a discussion between one of our forum friends and a councillor, the subject was st mirren and in general the councillors answers were never a straight yes or no or even maybe

Guest TPAFKATS

You should ask why the whole school needs to be shut when they probably only use the one room for polling.

It's a security issue regarding letting the general population, which includes the nutters, into a school when kids are in it. That only happens when George Robertson writes you reference for a firearms licence...

I'm with Slash on this though, my daughters school closed again when they could use the nearby library, although it officially sits in a neighbouring council ward.

I'd like the teachers to use election days as one of their in service days.

One issue that really pisses me off is that many children in our country are going without education once again on Thursday when there are alternative options to host the polls.

I live in Elderslie and recently raised the issue with a local Councillor and suggested that the Village Hall is perfectly adequate, so why is this council facility not being used?

Dear Slash,

Further to your enquiry I am writing to advise that Wallace Primary School is always used on Election Day for voters in Elderslie. At the last review of Polling Places in Renfrewshire, no issues were raised regarding this matter.

I trust this is of assistance to you.

So I dug out the report from the meeting on December 2013 that shows the complete opposite. A representative from the Wallace PTA had raised the same request. The evaluation clearly states that the Village Hall is fit for purpose and meets all the criteria. The reason the request was rejected was mainly because "we've always used the school and it is centrally located"

attachicon.gifWallace.png

Many alternative locations including church halls, community centres and scout halls are used throughout the region.

The wrong people are in charge of our councils and our country.

Yeh , I know , it makes you wonder if they want to use the school because of the name of the school and Sir William Wallace's links to Scottish independence. As you are probably aware , kids at the school are educated as to who Sir William Wallace was. .

Yeh , I know , it makes you wonder if they want to use the school because of the name of the school and Sir William Wallace's links to Scottish independence. As you are probably aware , kids at the school are educated as to who Sir William Wallace was. .

was wallace not from ellerslie near kilmarnock ? the folk there reckon he was.

was wallace not from ellerslie near kilmarnock ? the folk there reckon he was.

If I remember correctly , Ellerslie near Kilmarnock , didn't appear on maps until the 18th C. The confusion arises from the fact that Wallace's uncle Richard , lived in Kilmarnock , hence we get Wallacetown and also Rickerton(Richardtown). .

ETA Ellerslie and Elderslie mean the same thing , basically the same word. .

Edited by saintnextlifetime

indeed councillors are bullshit merchants,just like all politicians,they try and fend you off with the first generalism that comes into their head, i witnessed a discussion between one of our forum friends and a councillor, the subject was st mirren and in general the councillors answers were never a straight yes or no or even maybe

Bit like these Fcuker's who work in Call Centre's ? Grow @ Pair Ya NawBag !!! whistling.gif

If I remember correctly , Ellerslie near Kilmarnock , didn't appear on maps until the 18th C. The confusion arises from the fact that Wallace's uncle Richard , lived in Kilmarnock , hence we get Wallacetown and also Rickerton(Richardtown). .

ETA Ellerslie and Elderslie mean the same thing , basically the same word. .

well thats me told,should have known not try that wind up with an elderslie resident bangin.gif

After watching the debate tonight I would think the YES vote grows by the day. Darling failed Brown in. Thak you Better together thank you so much he is the reason labour lost so much votes in the last election. Happy days

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint