The Referendum Thread

Lanarkshire_Bud

Scottish Independence Referendum  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was led to believe that a full stop was the end of the sentence.

As for the full employment, tell that to all the fully employed zero hour contract workers that are being exploited and don't appear on the figures.

OK, if if you going to quote someone at least use the whole quote.

Anyway, one should not start a sentence with "but" unless you are young and were not at school in the sixties. And I should know.

I haven't seen pictures but I believe the outfit described is that of the Knights Templars who wear long white gowns as their uniform.

I'm not going to defend an organization I have little time for but some Natsis can't help but parade their ignorance

"We are the Knights who Say... NO"

An Orange Parade obviously!

Here's their Southern neighbours (Lahndahn branch):

So... no takers from you confident-as-f**k Naysayers?

... Fearties!

I don't think the referendum thread will go away that easily. It's got a bit nasty. Yes yob behaviour doesn't seem to be just a rumour any more. I've got family in Scotland who will probably vote Yes but they're pretty ashamed about some of what they're seeing and hearing. I hope No voters aren't intimidated. My son tells me that a fair number of people think polling centres are going to be nasty places to go tomorrow. We'll see if that's true.

I really can't see the Scottish people throwing themselves into the abyss like the Gadarene swine on the back of Eck's agenda which reads like a Christmas wish list.

Where does your son think he is, Nornirn ? That is just utter tripe.

That ''fair number of people' (2) are just fearties, so that's a few less No voters then eh?

A typical queue at Todholm Primary (spot the Fearties):

1eye.gifalien3.gifunsure.pngholiday.gifsad.pngsaddam.gifking.gifstan.gifosama.gifshaun.gif

look pretty normal to me...

Edited by Vambo57

Back to the referendum. All you labour supporters must have been welling up with pride as Darling and Davidson embraced like long term lovers at the Bitter Together Rally today? A truly nauseating sight!

I'm curious who all the labour voters are would appreciate you pointing them out ? This vote is about independence. Apart from a couple of self confessed Tory voters I could not tell what other posters vote labour or otherwise on this thread weather they are Yes or No Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

The LOO and their republican counterparts are the ones parading their ignorance every time they take to the streets.

Never heard that before, enlighten us with something to underpin your claim. In the meantime, all I'll say is if it waddles & quacks, chances are it's a duck.

I only know about it cause a guy I used to work with was a Templar. At the time of the Da Vinci Code we got talking and the next night - I think believing he was on his way to recruiting me - he brought in his "outfit" which I thought was very similar to a Catholic priests garb. His was a long white robe with a red cross on the breast and he had a white hat.

It's not hard to find images of this. Google for images of Knights Templar and you'll see plenty of examples and variations. As an example

http://www.cheshireandnorthwaleskt.org.uk/ktp/ktp.aspx

Another example

http://www.southernswords.co.uk/knights-templar-robe-2787-p.asp

Edited by Stuart Dickson

I only know about it cause a guy I used to work with was a Templar. At the time of the Da Vinci Code we got talking and the next night - I think believing he was on his way to recruiting me - he brought in his "outfit" which I thought was very similar to a Catholic priests garb. His was a long white robe with a red cross on the breast and he had a white hat.

It's not hard to find images of this. Google for images of Knights Templar and you'll see plenty of examples and variations. As an example

Are you sure he was only going to "recruit" you? whistling.gif

... Fearties!

That ''fair number of people' (2) are just fearties, so that's a few less No voters then eh?

My son lives in Paisley and has for all forty five years of his life. Are you admitting people have something to be 'feart' of? Let's see what happens tomorrow. Even though the result is a foregone conclusion.

Apparently , it is all over Fakebook that leave has been cancel in our armed forces . .

Are the troops going into Syria on Friday?

You misread, probably Cumbria.

The Westminster battalions are going to go for the south of Scotland in the event of a Yes vote.

Luckily we have nuclear weapons.

But do we have the big red button?

Or should we let them take Queen of the South.

... Fearties!

1eye.gifalien3.gifunsure.pngholiday.gifsad.pngsaddam.gifking.gifstan.gifosama.gifshaun.gif

You don't even read other peoples posts properly, do you? Plenty evidence of that.

Apparently , it is all over Fakebook that leave has been cancel in our armed forces . .

Are the troops going into Syria on Friday?

Naw, according to Rick they're to quell the Riots...

Another example

http://www.southernswords.co.uk/knights-templar-robe-2787-p.asp

Its well known that the KKK was founded by Southern State Scots, hence the Klan part.

Most likely the muppets above were/are 'bretheren'.

Edited by Vambo57

I'm curious who all the labour voters are would appreciate you pointing them out ? This vote is about independence. Apart from a couple of self confessed Tory voters I could not tell what other posters vote labour or otherwise on this thread weather they are Yes or No

Fair enough. Just feel it's worth pointing out again and again what an unholy alliance the no campaign is. Tories, Labour, Lib Dems, Orange Order, UKIP and The BNP. Spoke to my local councillor yesterday and asked him to explain how a no vote would make my grand kids lives better. No response other than we are better together. That says it all really. No inspiration. He did say a Labour government would reverse Tory policies. But apparently they don't want to govern their own country. I find there position staggering.

My son lives in Paisley and has for all forty five years of his life. Are you admitting people have something to be 'feart' of? Let's see what happens tomorrow. Even though the result is a foregone conclusion.

Stop Scaremongering Rick. It will be as peaceful as pie ya muppet.

Guest TPAFKATS

A foregone conclusion? Tell me more about this fraud.

This is how they are going to represent the result on Thursday night/Friday morning BBC.

Personally I would prefer to watch two boxes, Yes and No, and watch the figures being added until there is a decision.

Or even like the Eurovision Song Contest. Each area adding their votes for and against.

We could even have a song per region.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29238038

edited due to predictive text

Edited by E=Mc2

Naw, according to Rick they're to quell the Riots...

Its well known that the KKK was founded by Southern State Scots, hence the Klan part.

Most likely the muppets above were/are 'bretheren'.

Could be - but I think it's much more likely they were Templars.

BTW as far as I know the Templars are not historically affiliated to the Orange Lodge but are more closely aligned to the Masonic Movement.

Guest TPAFKATS

This is how they are going to represent the result on Thursday night/Friday morning BBC.

Personally I would prefer to watch two boxes, Yes and No, and watch the figures being added until there is a decision.

Or even like the Eurovision Song Contest. Each area adding there votes for and against.

We could even have a song per region.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29238038

Good idea, however it would only be 1 song as Scotland is the region ;-)