The Referendum Thread

Lanarkshire_Bud

Scottish Independence Referendum  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest TPAFKATS

Just countering the House of Lords dig. Our parliament isn't much better, that's all I was saying.

Whether you agree with Lockerbie decision or not; was it not standard practice for those with terminal illness?

My view is that there was more to it, esp with uk gov chasing oil deals with Libya.

7be4882f09bd4a447ec82305abf7c2a6_reasona James Cook@BBCJamesCook  

Jean Claude Juncker's spokeswoman says he was not referring to Scotland when he talked about a five year pause in EU accession.#indyref

07:12 PM - 15 Jul 14

Jean-Claude Juncker spokesperson "At no point is Scotland mentioned, as this is an entirely separate issue." #indyref

Spokesperson: Juncker "has made his position on this clear on many an occasion...an internal matter...he will respect the result." #indyref

WRONG AGAIN DICKO!

Oh dear - it transpires the spokesperson is Alex Salmonds - not Junckers. Bloody Natsis can't be trusted with anything :rolleyes:

A spokesman for First Minister Alex Salmond said Mr Junker was "absolutely not talking about Scotland" and the comments applied only to existing candidate countries applying to join from outside the EU.

"We are not one of those accession countries that he is talking about," he said, adding that it was "beyond dispute that we are part of the EU".

Former EU Commission president, Jose Manuel Barroso, said in February that an independent Scotland's entry to the EU would be "extremely difficult".

Guest TPAFKATS

Oh dear - it transpires the spokesperson is Alex Salmonds - not Junckers. Bloody Natsis can't be trusted with anything rolleyes.gif

WOW! You really are a c**t

At least try and make the lie believable

Here's the link (and text) for the hard of thinking

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-28311938

New European Commission president Jean-Claude Juncker was not referring to Scotland when he said there would be no new members of the EU in the next five years, BBC Scotland has learned.

Opponents of Scottish independence had seized on his remarks to the European Parliament to back their campaign.

They said it proved that, if Scotland were to vote to leave the UK, it would not get back into the EU before 2019.

But a spokeswoman confirmed that he was talking about countries outside the EU.

'Accession criteria'

Speaking ahead of a vote that confirmed him as the European Commission's new president, Mr Juncker argued that, because the EU had rapidly expanded to 28 members, there needed to be "a break from enlargement".

He told MEPs: "Over the next five years, there won't be any new member states acceding to the European Union.

"It's hard to imagine that one of the candidate states with whom we are negotiating will have, in time, met all the accession criteria."

Mr Juncker's office confirmed to the BBC that his remarks were referring to countries already in an accession process with the EU and not to a hypothetical case involving Scotland.

Albania, Iceland, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey and Macedonia arecandidate countries for EU membership.

Guest TPAFKATS

And in another report Chief Inspector of Borders and Immigration - John Vine - has said the Scottish Government has done absolutely nothing to tackle benefit fraud and is bringing the whole benefit system into disrepute.

Not only soft on crime, but complicit apparently.

The story doesnt mention the Scottish Government - I guess it wouldn't since borders, immigration and benefits are all controlled by Westminster. three times already tonight, it's like shooting fish in a barrel...

WOW! You really are a c**t

At least try and make the lie believable

Here's the link (and text) for the hard of thinking

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-28311938

New European Commission president Jean-Claude Juncker was not referring to Scotland when he said there would be no new members of the EU in the next five years, BBC Scotland has learned.

Opponents of Scottish independence had seized on his remarks to the European Parliament to back their campaign.

They said it proved that, if Scotland were to vote to leave the UK, it would not get back into the EU before 2019.

But a spokeswoman confirmed that he was talking about countries outside the EU.

'Accession criteria'

Speaking ahead of a vote that confirmed him as the European Commission's new president, Mr Juncker argued that, because the EU had rapidly expanded to 28 members, there needed to be "a break from enlargement".

He told MEPs: "Over the next five years, there won't be any new member states acceding to the European Union.

"It's hard to imagine that one of the candidate states with whom we are negotiating will have, in time, met all the accession criteria."

Mr Juncker's office confirmed to the BBC that his remarks were referring to countries already in an accession process with the EU and not to a hypothetical case involving Scotland.

Albania, Iceland, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey and Macedonia arecandidate countries for EU membership.

And if you look at your own article - the one on the BBC link - you'll see that the comments you've lifted from Twitter were not made by Junckers spokerperson but by Alex Salmonds

A spokesman for First Minister Alex Salmond said Mr Junker was "absolutely not talking about Scotland" and the comments applied only to existing candidate countries applying to join from outside the EU.

"We are not one of those accession countries that he is talking about," he said, adding that it was "beyond dispute that we are part of the EU".

Former EU Commission president, Jose Manuel Barroso, said in February that an independent Scotland's entry to the EU would be "extremely difficult".

As for your pathetic name calling - I've come to expect nothing better from you rolleyes.gif

Edited by Stuart Dickson

And in another report Chief Inspector of Borders and Immigration - John Vine - has said the Scottish Government has done absolutely nothing to tackle benefit fraud and is bringing the whole benefit system into disrepute.

Not only soft on crime, but complicit apparently.

The same chap that has accused your beloved London based dictators of "failing to combat fraud??"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/10967988/Home-Office-failing-to-tackle-asylum-seeker-fraud-says-watchdog.html

Guest TPAFKATS

Once again for the hard of thinking...

I didnt lift comments from twitter,

I posted a story from the pro union BBC website which states, once agin for thick twats from lanarkshire,

Quit while your behind fanybawz!

Once again for the hard of thinking...

I didnt lift comments from twitter,

I posted a story from the pro union BBC website which states, once agin for thick twats from lanarkshire,

Quit while your behind fanybawz!

Sorry - it was paisleypanda who lifted quotes from Twitter and misrepresented them. Shame on him. Still can't trust a Natsi with anything

An excellent effort in " how to make a total c**t of yourself " by fatty tonight.

It really is astounding that someone can post a link to an article that actually disproves his point.

Total meltdown in progress.............................

Sorry - it was paisleypanda who lifted quotes from Twitter and misrepresented them. Shame on him. Still can't trust a Natsi with anything

This is getting repetitive!!

WHERE DID I MISREPRESENT THEM??

Was I treading on your toes there? I forgot it is YOUR job to attempt to misrepresent facts! - Apologies Stuart! notworthy.gif

Mr Dickson

I formally request that you desist from referring to myself (& indeed anyone else who may be a supporter of a cause other than your own) as a "natsi"

I am aware why you do it, and while it maybe regarded as "childish banter" - some may feel it is insensitive to many others & wholly inappropriate.

Thank you for your co-operation, & we will leave it at that for now.

Jean Claude Juncker says there will be no admission for Scotland into Europe, no expansion of Europe and no new states admitted into the EU for the next five years at least. It's a massive blow to the Yes Campaign and yet the best the Natsis can come back with is that I spelt an area in Edinburgh wrongly. That's the level of debate the Yes Campaign has indulged in since the start. It's poor and it alienates those who may once have voted Yes but who now see the whole Independence campaign for the ill thought out xenophobic fantasy that it is.

Alex Salmond claimed Juncker was a "man he could deal with". Well it's clear Juncker has little interest in giving Alex Salmond any time at all.

It must have came as a 'massive blow' to you, to hear that you are once again misquoting and plainly WRONG!

Your level of debate is very poor Stu.

Whether you agree with Lockerbie decision or not; was it not standard practice for those with terminal illness?

My view is that there was more to it, esp with uk gov chasing oil deals with Libya.

Correct. Since Kenny McAskill became the Justice Minister I think Megrahi's case was something like number 24 and only about half a dozen had been denied. People are led to believe this was a one-off but it was fúck all of the kind.

This is from the Met Police report when Kenny MacAskill was held outside Wembley in 99:

"What the arresting officer saw was a boisterous man, dressed in tartan, who seemed to be drunk."

Jeezo - this was outside Wembley, half an hour before a England-Scotland game. He was neither charged or arrested for the offence.

Surely for there to have been an arresting officer he must have been arrested

This is from the Met Police report when Kenny MacAskill was held outside Wembley in 99:

"What the arresting officer saw was a boisterous man, dressed in tartan, who seemed to be drunk."

Jeezo - this was outside Wembley, half an hour before a England-Scotland game. He was neither charged or arrested for the offence.

And this has what to do with a clause in Scottish law?

Indeed. Still wondering what was the point of posting the statement.

I don't know either but it's always nice story to know. Maybe it's the kind of information that Al-Megrahi had on him to get him to release him. Whatever the reason there certainly appears to have been no better time in history to be a Scottish criminal