New Year Game Moved

buddavid

Killie game now the 2nd - Hospitality for the game - and cant go on rearranged day - poor show Saints and Killie for agreeing this without fans input

Unfortunate for you, but how do you ask 5,000 people what time suits them? Probably a sensible, commercial decision. Personally, the day after Xmas or Ne'er day is better for me and probably most people who have family commitments.

Unfortunate for you, but how do you ask 5,000 people what time suits them? Probably a sensible, commercial decision. Personally, the day after Xmas or Ne'er day is better for me and probably most people who have family commitments.

If sensible , commercial decision why not realise that at start of season instead of deciding just over a month before the match . We've known when New Years day is for quite some time .

PS hacked off because volunteered to work on the 2nd

HSS - I don't think you will have anyone disagreeing with you.

I'd expect the supporters buses will be cheaper to hire. Anyone grabbing taxis into/out of town will be cheaper. Bus & train timetables will be less restricted. I'd expect the policing and stewarding costs to be less on the 2nd - all good reasons to change.

However the bug bear for many supporters is that if we can see that these issues are going to be a problem when the fixtures are announced in July/August then why can a sensible decision be made months in advance by the club chairmen rather than 4 weeks away.

I guess it means you can work the 1st now to pay for the game on the 2nd.....

People will have made family, work and travel arrangements around this match being played on the 1st Jan and it could have been announced far earlier than now.

i think you have put my very point in a much more eloquent manner

My wife was planning a family trip to the pantomine for the 2nd Jan after she consulted the fixtures calendar - oh yes she was!

I said "Oh no you don't - why not make it for Friday 3rd?"

I just knew they would change this fixture to the 2nd. They did the same last year IIRC.

Were the Fans Council consulted on this change prior to this announcement? If not why not?

I don't mind changes being made as long as they are made far earlier - as I'm sure there may well be some fans who have made travel plans around this fixture.

Got nothing to do with the fans council. Fans council is a money raising council for the club, we don't have a input for when the club play there games,

Gary,

Are you still on the Fans Council?

If so I really think someone needs to update the Fans Council Website if all it is to the Consortium is a money raising scheme.

http://www.supportsmfc.co.uk/aboutus.html

About The Fans Council

• To act as an intermediary between the Club and the Fans
  • To share knowledge and best practice and to improve relationships between the various stakeholders, in particular the relationship between the Fans and the Club.
  • To provide a good communication flow, between the Club and the Fans.
  • To provide a platform for the Fans to ensure they are involved in appropriate decision making.
  • To act as the prime movers in various fund raising initiatives for the mutual benefit of the Club, the Fans and the Community.

The first point clearly says it will act as an "intermediary". The third point says "good communication".

At the very least I would have expected the BoD to have consulted with the Fans Council.

Unfortunately I cannot make the Fans Council AGM, but I'd hope that someone would raise this issue as the Fans Council and the Consortium are clearly not meeting the aims.

I cannot find any reason why the BoD could not have raised this with the Fans Council.

freudian slip by gary there, i was a meeting member of the fans council and stepped down, one reason for this was that there was not much emphasis on consulting fans over anything, mainly they themselves decide what they think is right for fans (which is normally how much they can make from events) i suggested that there should be events which are more affordable to those fans who work on a tight budget - this was met by silence and then recorded in minutes as "peter expressed concern about the cost of tickets for the league cup final night" and that was not the first time that the minutes did not correctly reflect what was said at the meeting.

It was good to see our highest attendance was not against Celtic last season.

Its a good move to Jan. 2 but nothing suits all.

I get more pissed off when games get moved to suit Sky.

We lost out big style against Aberdeen.

They would have filled the North Stand on a Saturday.

Overall this season quite a few clubs have brought better than usual supports meaning that team in Govan aren't missed at all in terms of our average attendance.

Guest TPAFKATS

If sensible , commercial decision why not realise that at start of season instead of deciding just over a month before the match . We've known when New Years day is for quite some time .

PS hacked off because volunteered to work on the 2nd

lol.gif

And it is mine the next day, so you have to buy me a beer for every year of my life. Fact.

Well mine is Ne'erday. (is that one upmanship?) I missed very few New Year games for a long ,long time which was hard enough with Ne'erday never mind my birthday. I mean, of course, once I became of age to drink. About 14 in Glenburn.

Mildly annoyed about the move. Was looking forward to a bit of footy to cure my raging hogmanay hangover. Although, since there was no transport on the 1st, I have no idea how I would have made it any where near Kilmarnock as I would probably still be far too intoxicated to take the motor..