Telly Programmes

shull

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

Guys watch yourselves- your expressing views - however "shite" really hits the nail.........more examples rather than opinions

Funny we have about 800 channels now and yet some on here are still mentioning mainstream BBC or ITV................... with exception of Peaky Blinders, Attenborough and the odd BBC drama it does seem all about quantity these days...................  

Aye, 800 channels, 790 are shite, and you talk about quantity?

You're having a howler.  :lol:

What y'all should watch out for is The Morecambe & Wise stage show that C5 have shown around Hogmanay/Ne'erday for the last two years. M&W always kept the content of their stage & TV shows different and while there is some overlap I found it a lot fresher than the TV compilations that are normally shown around the festive season - a masterclass in comic timing.

As an aside Bernard Manning had great timing too, it was just a shame so much of his material was offensive. 

58 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

What y'all should watch out for is The Morecambe & Wise stage show that C5 have shown around Hogmanay/Ne'erday for the last two years. M&W always kept the content of their stage & TV shows different and while there is some overlap I found it a lot fresher than the TV compilations that are normally shown around the festive season - a masterclass in comic timing.

As an aside Bernard Manning had great timing too, it was just a shame so much of his material was offensive. 

There's a Morcambe and Wise programme coming on the, oh dear, here it goes, BBC, more about their writer, Eddie Braben.

Right now.....................BBC1....................Male Rape: Breaking the Silence.

The stats are, TBH, quite surprising.

The "stats" don't refer to rape in the opening credits. 

My concern is how the term "sexual abuse" is actually manifested.

I wouldn't minimise any rape, man or woman, but it seems that any sexual (whatever that means) approach is being termed as abuse.

I was so concerned about the recent allegations I didn't "cuddle" any female members of my staff to say "have a nice Christmas"................I could have appeared on News at Ten. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Right now.....................BBC1....................Male Rape: Breaking the Silence.
The stats are, TBH, quite surprising.
The "stats" don't refer to rape in the opening credits. 
My concern is how the term "sexual abuse" is actually manifested.
I wouldn't minimise any rape, man or woman, but it seems that any sexual (whatever that means) approach is being termed as abuse.
I was so concerned about the recent allegations I didn't "cuddle" any female members of my staff to say "have a nice Christmas"................I could have appeared on News at Ten. 
That's probably the best gift you could've given 'female members of your staff'.

Just finished watching the last episode in the first series of Snowfall.

In the words of the BBC - Hard-hitting drama about the beginnings of the crack epidemic in 1980s Los Angeles.

Brilliant characters and groovy 80's tunes.

Well worth a watch, if you're bored with Xmas TV.

On i Player -  http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0991bqd

46 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Just finished watching the last episode in the first series of Snowfall.

In the words of the BBC - Hard-hitting drama about the beginnings of the crack epidemic in 1980s Los Angeles.

Brilliant characters and groovy 80's tunes.

Well worth a watch, if you're bored with Xmas TV.

On i Player -  http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0991bqd

Groovy would no longer have been groovy by the '80's or are you using it in an international man of mystery sense?

Anyway, I digress, is it as good as your last recommendation Taboo?

Edited by Bud the Baker

28 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Groovy would no longer have been groovy by the '80's or are you using it in an international man of mystery sense?

Anyway, I digress, is it as good as your last recommendation Taboo?

There's some groovy 80's funk/soul in the soundtrack. :P

It actually ranges from the 60's to the 90's.

It's up there with Taboo in terms of gritty, but enjoyable entertainment.

Edited by FTOF

Christmas TV wasn't great, the majority I happened to see was aimed a children which, although repetitive, suppose does what it sets out to do.

Watched most of an interesting programme about a mother polar bear taking her 2 cubs to feeding grounds.

Was ok but really missed the "Attenborough" factor. 

Edited by faraway saint