Strange

Walked the dog last night around 12.30 at Arbeg point when I seen a very bright orange light floating on the water around 5mtr diameter some 30mtr from shore. Looked at it trying to figure out what it was as I got near the shore it went under the water until the light faded to nothing. Next thing my dog is looking out to where it was and started growling something he never does until we left the area.

Today I went out on the boat to the area where this happened to see what depth the water is the antenna was giving me a reading of 35ft so was not deep enough for a submarine. I work on a boat attending many courses and as such know all the safety equipment used by the marine industry nothing I thought of was giving me an answer of what this strange bright orange light was. reported it to the Police just in case something was reported missing such as a boat. But this light looked like nothing I have seen plus my dogs reaction has god me scratching my head trying to figure out what I seen.

Walked the dog last night around 12.30 at Arbeg point when I seen a very bright orange light floating on the water around 5mtr diameter some 30mtr from shore. Looked at it trying to figure out what it was as I got near the shore it went under the water until the light faded to nothing. Next thing my dog is looking out to where it was and started growling something he never does until we left the area.

Today I went out on the boat to the area where this happened to see what depth the water is the antenna was giving me a reading of 35ft so was not deep enough for a submarine. I work on a boat attending many courses and as such know all the safety equipment used by the marine industry nothing I thought of was giving me an answer of what this strange bright orange light was. reported it to the Police just in case something was reported missing such as a boat. But this light looked like nothing I have seen plus my dogs reaction has god me scratching my head trying to figure out what I seen.

Chinese lantern? These things have grown in popularity, especially in memory of someone who has died

_MG_5689a.jpg

you've seen the light - hallelujah

Possibly red algae bloom reflecting in the light. Ive seen the water almost appear to be on fire with red algae in warm spells further up off the Argyll coast.

danny lennons bubble.....whistling.gif

There is a barge laying fiberoptic cable where I seen the light so I'm sure it would have been an ROV surveying the sea bed.

they dont need an ROV, I could tell them that the seabed is made of sand and rock with some seaweed vegetation and old condoms flapping about in the tide.

what does ROV stand for anyway - random orange visions,

they dont need an ROV, I could tell them that the seabed is made of sand and rock with some seaweed vegetation and old condoms flapping about in the tide.

what does ROV stand for anyway - random orange visions,

Er , I think it is , Remotely operated underwater vehicle. .

Maybe not . .

Er , leave it with me. .