So Farewell (For A While) Dlt

Lord Pityme

I know this is really selfish given that people have suffered sexual assault, but I really love bbc4's reruns of old totp (76-79 so far). it used to be on every week then there were missing weeks (when the totp was presented by Saville) and now the DLT ones aren't shown either, if they dont show Sir Cliffs either it'll be hardly worth showing at all.

I know this is really selfish given that people have suffered sexual assault, but I really love bbc4's reruns of old totp (76-79 so far). it used to be on every week then there were missing weeks (when the totp was presented by Saville) and now the DLT ones aren't shown either, if they dont show Sir Cliffs either it'll be hardly worth showing at all.

They should replace it with The Old Grey Whistle Test reruns. A better musical education for my generation and younger. I'm sure I'll swiftly be told otherwise but there's less danger of having to be edited due to this recent spate of criminal proceedings.

absolutely, whispering bob harris wouldn't hurt a fly. but I fear that a lot of the recordings have been destroyed along with the pre 76 totp, there have been some great compilations recently with various artists "at the bbc" Bowie, Kate Bush, the stones etc. showing them on totp, ogwt, and as guests on various shows

Edited by Mykey

absolutely, whispering bob harris wouldn't hurt a fly. but I fear that a lot of the recordings have been destroyed along with the pre 76 totp, there have been some great compilations recently with various artists "at the bbc" Bowie, Kate Bush, the stones etc. showing them on totp, ogwt, and as guests on various shows

It's only a matter of time before someone comes up with an accusation against him. As for the many bands who appeared, I'm surprised that nothing has been thrown in the direction of any of them.

What a difference a jury makes, Jackson's songs gets loads of airplay meanwhile "Another rock n roll xmas" gets quietly taken off all the christmas compilation albums. of course jury's aren't always right especially in celebrity cases but it's as good a system as I can think of so I suppose it's fair enough. Never liked GG or Jackson or Sir Cliff so it doesn't make much difference to me although there are many acts I do like who were fairly promiscuous in the seventies and eighties but I don't know how I'd feel about listening to them if any mud stuck to them.

What a difference a jury makes, Jackson's songs gets loads of airplay meanwhile "Another rock n roll xmas" gets quietly taken off all the christmas compilation albums. of course jury's aren't always right especially in celebrity cases but it's as good a system as I can think of so I suppose it's fair enough. Never liked GG or Jackson or Sir Cliff so it doesn't make much difference to me although there are many acts I do like who were fairly promiscuous in the seventies and eighties but I don't know how I'd feel about listening to them if any mud stuck to them.

But being promiscuous isn't a crime. I take a lot of the accusations with a pinch of salt, especially when they are levied so long after the fact. I can remember what many teenage girls were like in the early 70's - if they thought they could get into a "star's" boxer's they were right up for it. And it was difficult to ascertain their actual age (it's even more difficult now) You could argue that the star should have kept it in his pants, but put yourself in the same place and tell me you'd have said no.

He was on tonight, number 1 single, Its so funny how we don't talk felch anymore

Edited by murray street

Guest TPAFKATS

Wee rap on the knuckles for the Hairy Monster . Correct punishment IMO !

Agreed, although the "outraged" would prefer a life sentence.

I'm not outraged but intrigued as to why it's correct?

I'm not outraged but intrigued as to why it's correct?

Very straightforward - it was indeed a sexual assault strictly speaking, but the least serious that would be possible within the definition. It was nearly 20 years ago, with any subsequent allegations unproven, and no real likely prospect of any re-offending in the future. Background reports will have come back clean. As such, a short prison sentence, that hangs over his head for two years should he step out of line in any way is both correct and appropriate. Anything less would not really be either a punishment or a deterrent, any more would be overly harsh and not really appropriate when looking at the overall circumstances. The judge made the right call.