False League Position

porks

Been thinking about this, and really our league position does not befit our performances this season - we have not had our just rewards. I've done a bit of analysis.

We got our first three points against Partick Thistle courtesy of a dodgy penalty award with the last kick of the ball. Then another point after another last minute dubious penalty against Aberdeen when really we should have been about 5 down by then.

Add to that another 3 points against St Johnstone when they had two perfectly good goals ruled out, followed by a point at home against the brilliant Ross County, when they had another perfectly good goal chalked off for offside which would have put them 2-0 up.

Who says Scottish refs are bastards? We have been jammy feckers this season and should think ourselves damned lucky to have any points at all... thumbup2.gif

I agree. Our league position IS false. It should be one lower, but Ross County are really shit.

I agree with that certainly. Given how bad we've played we shouldn't only be bottom, we should be at least 6 points adrift at the bottom.

It really shows you how bad the teams around us are that we could be clear of the relegation places come 5pm on Saturday.

I agree with that certainly. Given how bad we've played we shouldn't only be bottom, we should be at least 6 points adrift at the bottom.

It really shows you how bad the teams around us are that we could be clear of the relegation places come 5pm on Saturday.

Are we changing manager (source)

Yes but to counter your argument were desperately unlucky at Fir Park on the opening day.Moreover we played Dundee off the park earlier in the season. Just saying!

No we weren't. We were desperately poor in finishing our chances, ditto the Dundee game.