Yet Another Snp Policy Falls Apart

Stuart Dickson

It's also interesting to see that the issue that appears to have gotten Craig Murray blocked from standing as a candidate was the fact that he WOULDN'T agree to voting in favour of the Bedroom Tax at Westminster in the event of the SNP doing a deal with "a party".

I have been saying vote SNP in the next General Election and you will get a Conservative government, and you will get a scenario where the SNP Mp's are being TOLD to vote in favour of Conservative policies. I can't wait to see the same question being put to Alex Salmond next time he's attempting to smarm it up on telly.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

It's also interesting to see that the issue that appears to have gotten Craig Murray blocked from standing as a candidate was the fact that he WOULDN'T agree to voting in favour of the Bedroom Tax at Westminster in the event of the SNP doing a deal with "a party".

I have been saying vote SNP in the next General Election and you will get a Conservative government, and you will get a scenario where the SNP Mp's are being TOLD to vote in favour of Conservative policies. I can't wait to see the same question being put to Alex Salmond next time he's attempting to smarm it up on telly.

Could this be a case of your enemy's enemy is your friend?

Are you saying that as the main threat to the SNP in Scotland is the Labour Party then they would do deals with the Tories to keep Labour out of Downing Street?

Surely if they returned to enjoying the nickname of "Tartan Tories" then even the most enthusiastic separatists would find is difficult to support them.

Could this be a case of your enemy's enemy is your friend?

Are you saying that as the main threat to the SNP in Scotland is the Labour Party then they would do deals with the Tories to keep Labour out of Downing Street?

Surely if they returned to enjoying the nickname of "Tartan Tories" then even the most enthusiastic separatists would find is difficult to support them.

Well the point is that people should be careful when it comes to putting their X in a box on the 7th of May.

The SNP are keen to take seats of Labour. They cannot win the General Election but they hope to hold influence over the UK Government. That's going to mean that they hope for a hung parliament and they'll hope to do deals with whomever they can get into government with. Andrew Neill already speculated that the SNP and the Conservatives could be a perfect fit to keep David Cameron on as Prime Minister because the SNP MP's already refuse to vote on English matters.

We know the SNP are a single issue party in reality. All they want is Independence for Scotland - and they've already shown that they don't care for people when it comes to scoring political points - like the Ferguson Shipyard issue where no orders from Cal Mac were forthcoming for months whilst the company was in trouble. Then the administrators come in, tradesmen and apprentices are paid off and after a very small period of time, and with an SNP supporting businessman in place to take over the running of the company, suddenly the Scottish Government finds it has the money to place these long overdue orders for ferries. So why would anyone think that they would actually stand up for those affected by the likes of the Bedroom Tax when their vote on the issue can be sold for the pledge of yet another referendum.

Seeing how the link doesn't work makes you look even dumber than we all thought you were. 1eye.gif

Just testing you. You failed btw. Without the chart you haven't come up with todays price per barrel....do you want the answer? $59.45

http://www.nasdaq.com/markets/crude-oil-brent.aspx

Edited by Stuart Dickson

I do enjoy reading the proof that your brain is like sludge.

Tell me fannybaws, what is todays Brent Crude oil price? Is it lower than $100 per barrel or higher? I'll give you a clue - here's a chart from the NASDAQ

http://content.barchart.com/genericapi/cache/de26b3bf5460b22a01aaaf755eb00e69.png

Perhaps you could tell the rest of us what price per barrel that Westminster used to base their economic projections for the UK? If not sure, I'll remind you - their calculations are based on a figure of $113 per barrel. Hmmm, watch this space for even more drastic austerity measures.

Oh and you also conveniently forget to mention that even the most pessimistic of commentators says that the price will go back to around $120plus in 12 to 18 months. When would Scotland be an independent country if vote had been yes? Oh that's right, it would be in about 18 months!

Perhaps you could tell the rest of us what price per barrel that Westminster used to base their economic projections for the UK? If not sure, I'll remind you - their calculations are based on a figure of $113 per barrel. Hmmm, watch this space for even more drastic austerity measures.

Oh and you also conveniently forget to mention that even the most pessimistic of commentators says that the price will go back to around $120plus in 12 to 18 months. When would Scotland be an independent country if vote had been yes? Oh that's right, it would be in about 18 months!

You'll find that in todays news Saudi Arabia has just based it's annual budget on $50 per barrel. There's global politics afoot and as usual when it comes to world politics Alex Salmond and the SNP called it wildly wrong. An Independent Scotland would have been crushed - even Norway is sweating heavily.

The UK on the whole is absolutely fine though. Our balanced economy which is not heavily reliant on the oil price will grow. All the political commentators are saying that the UK is actually one of the best placed countries in the world to take advantage of a falling oil price. Thankfully 55% of Scots knew that already.

I take it you've seen the movie Erin Brockovich? We've never seen multi national power companies and governments colluding to a cover up before......Oh wait, the SNP claimed that was exactly what happened every day in politics just before the referendum. rolleyes.gif

And we've never seen a group of oil producing countries manipulate the oil price downwards to bring about political change ... oh wait, wasn't that what the "oil crisis" in the 70s was about? Watch the price rocket again when Putin has been brought to heel or switches off the gas supplies.

And we've never seen a group of oil producing countries manipulate the oil price downwards to bring about political change ... oh wait, wasn't that what the "oil crisis" in the 70s was about? Watch the price rocket again when Putin has been brought to heel or switches off the gas supplies.

Aye. I said as much in my last post. Its about more than just putting the boot into Putin though, some oil rich countries believe that there's a threat to their global influence from the exploitation of the massive reserves of shale. As a result they want the oil price low so as to make shale extraction and conversion look less economically viable. Salmond was warned many times over - even by his own experts - that his oil price predictions were wildly over optimistic yet time and time again he refused to revise them. Had Scotland actually adopted the White Paper it would have been Darien Mark II

It cant be, the UK Governments own Department of Energy and Climate Change only predicted in September that the lowest it would go was $90 a barrel. Like I've said, you just can't trust those tories.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/360598/DECC_2014_fossil_fuel_price_projections.pdf

As for your comment that I failed. Stop the lying, its not big and its not clever. 1eye.gif

You'll make yourself dizzy with all that spinning? Everyone can see that the UK Government's estimates, whilst out by some margin, were far, far closer than the ridiculously inflated predictions being made by Salmond and Swinney, despite all the advice of their own experts.

Still this is a nice wee deflection for you. Let me ask you Cockles, how would you feel about SNP MP's voting in favour of bedroom tax and doing deals with the Conservatives and perhaps even UKIP?

Something that Stu "Fannybaws" Dickson has conveniently forgotten on his latest edition of the never ending quest for excellence.

Guess what folks, he lied again.

The central price the UK Government published prior to the white papers price per barrel was higher.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/212521/130718_decc-fossil-fuel-price-projections.pdf

Once you stop lying I'll start answering your questions.

It's like watching Wonder Woman only much less attractive. All that spinning, you must feel permanently pished. :rolleyes:

You're wrong anyway. The paper you link to states that they've given three scenarios - a low, a central and a high price. Their low price prediction is $93.7 per barrel. The SNP just went with a high figure, based it's whole White Paper on their plans for Independence on that high figure and they refused to revise it at any point DESPITE the advice of their own advisors. Independence would have been catastrophic for Scotland and 55% knew it. The laughable thing is that you're reliance on oil would have been all the greater since you've subsequently attempted to throttle the Scottish Whisky industry.

Now, I think we can all take from your avoidance of the Bedroom Tax question that you'd be happy to back it in return for being part of a coalition in UK Government?

It beggars belief that BuddieinEK and Dicko are still talking about a referendum which happened more than 3 months ago.

It beggars belief that they continue to be obsessed abot a second referendum when nobody in the SNP has mentioned having one.

The only important thing right now is that Labour, Tories and LibDems are all about to be wiped out in May if repeated polls are remotely accurate.

Following the referendum defeat, that also beggars belief.

You keep saying high, it was a figure below the central they used.

You know what I know is laughable, how stupid you are. Because guess what Saudi Arabia hasn't based its annual budget on $50 per barrel. 1eye.gif

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/12/28/saudi-budget-idUSL6N0UB01U20141228

As for the 55%, I think you'll find its 100% apart from possible you on here that are laughing at you. 1eye.gif

They have you know. Indeed just 4 days ago their oil minister said they could live with just $20 per barrel.

http://www.the-american-interest.com/2014/12/25/are-the-saudis-really-fine-with-20-oil/

You keep struggling and spinning though Cockles. Everyone may be laughing at me, but they'll certainly be able to notice that you are ducking the same Bedroom Tax question that was put to Craig Murray by the SNP leadership. He wasn't prepared to back the Tories Bedroom Tax plans in exchange for a deal to get the SNP into a coalition government after the May General Election and it cost him the opportunity to be selected to stand - would you back the SNP party leadership in their plans to do a deal with the Conservatives on Bedroom Tax, or not?

Remember the SNP bleating on about ending poverty in Scotland and criticising the Coalition Government for so called "austerity cuts" that were sending families to foodbanks. Well this morning the Courier carries a rather nice story highlighting the hypocrisy in the claim. Humza Yousaf, for example, one of those most ready to trot out the well trodden line, attended a conference in Doha and booked himself into a £1,400 per night room at the Ritz Carlton in Qatar. When questioned the response from his spokesman was that it was a silly story because Gordon Brown also stayed in the same hotel for the same conference and the purpose of the conference was to attract business to Scotland. It seems neither were very good though cause not one new bit of business headed Scotlands way as a result.

In another instance Fiona Hyslop booked herself and some of her staff into a resort on a private island for a "meeting" at taxpayers expense. She then forgot to record the details of the jolly erm...meeting..... in the Ministerial List of Engagements. Again when challenged the SNP response was that Labour should be careful about criticising since Jim Murphy was tarred in the Westminster Expenses Scandal.

So there we have it. The SNP's justification for wasting taxpayers money is that it's OK cause Labour ministers do it too. Nice to know that George Orwell got it right when he was describing the pigs down at the Animal Farm at Holyrood. rolleyes.gif No wonder UKIP support in Scotland is on the rise.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

I only got a B in Maths at Higher level, so my interpretation of the numbers may be even more wrong than your own, however if 86% of the electorate or so voted in the referendum and 55% of that 86% voted No then only an approximate 47% of those eligible to vote actually voted against independence. Nowhere near two thirds, I'm afraid. Hardly a resounding endorsement of the No proposition either!

And 45% of the 87% who actually voted yes is equal to marginally more than a third of the eligible electorate... meaning nearly two thirds of those eligible to vote did not actively vote in favour of the Yes campaign. Seems straight forward to me.

And 45% of the 87% who actually voted yes is equal to marginally more than a third of the eligible electorate... meaning nearly two thirds of those eligible to vote did not actively vote in favour of the Yes campaign. Seems straight forward to me.

Couldn't agree more, Bud-in EK. The post referendum hysterics from Yes men makes me think of the Hearts 1986 Syndrome. Poor losers and tedious.

The only important thing right now is that Labour, Tories and LibDems are all about to be wiped out in May if repeated polls are remotely accurate.

A lot of politicians must be extremely worried. :unsure:

oaky called the last vote so accurately...

My sole caveat's provoked by him relying on polling for his assessment : last time it was just "his FEELING". :rolleyes:

Guest TPAFKATS

Stuart where is your personality ? Politics ? Ffs get a life mate and loosen up.

Go out and get pissed , get yourself a shag ,Turn the stereo up , go along to the Stand or if that sounds like too much fun get yourself an airfix model to build.

Post of the thread!

A lot of politicians must be extremely worried. unsure.png

oaky called the last vote so accurately...

My sole caveat's provoked by him relying on polling for his assessment : last time it was just "his FEELING". rolleyes.gif

Sigh! WGAS! The question is why are so many No voters still obsessing over the referendum result snore.gif

Winners behaving like losers is rather odd TBH.

Oh and why are you and Rick still stroking Dickson's cock?

Edited by oaksoft

I take it you've seen the movie Erin Brockovich? We've never seen multi national power companies and governments colluding to a cover up before......Oh wait, the SNP claimed that was exactly what happened every day in politics just before the referendum. rolleyes.gif

I take it that you've seen all the scientific evidence that is related to this type of situation?

I suspect not, but why not make yourself look even more idiotic, by using a film to try and back up your claims.lol.gif