General Election 2015

shull

It only has to be believable until it's not needed any more, in the case of "The Vow", only a few of days.

My neighbour said to me, in the early days of the referendum campaign, that he expected the "No" side, in the event of close polling, to come out with some dirty trick or other at the last minute. He was right, "The Vow" appeared.

Can only speak for myself, but I didn't believe it for a second. Just like StuD's anecdotes. And figures. And everything he posts in here, really.

ETA I know I wasn't one of those it was meant for.

Edited by salmonbuddie

You need to make your mind up. Just on the last page you claimed that all Yes voters were happy and that no voters were not. Unlike you I did not claim to be the voice of the majority of Scotland and I told you that I am happy that Scotland voted No. I then asked you - the self proclaimed voice of the Yes voter - why you were all so happy with the No vote and I asked if it was because you were relieved that you had dodged a bullet.

Now you are claiming some sort of dementia? I should have known better than to try to engage you in conversation. rolleyes.gif

At no point did I say anyone on the Yes side was happy with a No vote.

I said they were happy now because we're looking ahead not backwards.

No voters are generally unhappy because they are obsessed with the past.

Edited by oaksoft

It only has to be believable until it's not needed any more, in the case of "The Vow", only a few of days.

My neighbour said to me, in the early days of the referendum campaign, that he expected the "No" side, in the event of close polling, to come out with some dirty trick or other at the last minute. He was right, "The Vow" appeared.

If the latest STV Poll were to become an actuality at polling day and the SNP did get 59 seats , I reckon Westminster would be desperate to get rid of Scotland , perhaps . .

. .they might insist that we have another referendum. .lol.gif

Guest TPAFKATS

If the latest STV Poll were to become an actuality at polling day and the SNP did get 59 seats , I reckon Westminster would be desperate to get rid of Scotland , perhaps . .

They might just do a Churchill and send in the tanks. Oh wait, Ruth Davidson is way ahead of me. In full thatcher mode on top of a tank today

They might just do a Churchill and send in the tanks. Oh wait, Ruth Davidson is way ahead of me. In full thatcher mode on top of a tank today

Ah now , that might be the only serviceable tank we have left at the moment . .

Oh no wait , that one isn't owned by the military , I don't think there is a tank regiment in Scotland anymore. .

Interestingly, in the first election in Scotland after Thatcher won power in the UK, the European Parliament elections, Thatcher won more votes than any other party. She even managed to win more votes than Labour and won 5 of the 8 seats on offer.

Her 33.7% share of the vote suggests that she wasn’t that unpopular in Scotland.

By the time of her last general election victory, Thatcher’s share of the vote stood at a very respectable 24%. In the following general election, under John Major, the Conservatives won 25.6% of the vote.

Margaret Thatcher was popular in Scotland with a sizeable proportion of the electorate. She was far more popular than the SNP.

Edited by nosferatu

Interestingly, in the first election in Scotland after Thatcher won power in the UK, the European Parliament elections, Thatcher won more votes than any other party. She even managed to win more votes than Labour and won 5 of the 8 seats on offer.

Her 33.7% share of the vote suggests that she wasn’t that unpopular in Scotland.

By the time of her last general election victory, Thatcher’s share of the vote stood at a very respectable 24%. In the following general election, under John Major, the Conservatives won 25.6% of the vote.

Margaret Thatcher was popular in Scotland with a sizeable proportion of the electorate. She was far more popular than the SNP.

And yet SNP are polling 54%! So much for Herr Dixon claims that the SNP were a busted flush after the referendum. Bring on another one

And yet SNP are polling 54%! So much for Herr Dixon claims that the SNP were a busted flush after the referendum. Bring on another one

The beauty of the prediction of an SNP whitewash is that turnout is likely to be a good bit lower as voters believe their vote won't be needed. Predictions of the highest General Election turnout in decades are as fanciful as the SNPs pre referendum predictions on oil prices

So a dead ,hated, unionist politician was popular at one point in her career, when the SNP was in it's fledgling days.

No shit Sherlock.

Were in 2015 now, in case you and fatty hadn't noticed, and the Toalies (and their red allies) in Scotland are about to be handed their arses on a plate , by dint of all the lovely SNP votes that will be cast next week.thumbup2.gif

Finally, yet another alias? whistling.gif

The beauty of the prediction of an SNP whitewash is that turnout is likely to be a good bit lower as voters believe their vote won't be needed. Predictions of the highest General Election turnout in decades are as fanciful as the SNPs pre referendum predictions on oil prices

Indeed.

The Lib dims and the Toalies know their' vote is a wasted vote, so probably won't bother.

It is indeed correct that in 1979 the votes the Tories got (619,000) were more than the SNP at the last Scottish election (a smidge over 600,000). However i'm not sure that something that happened 36 years ago is in any way relevant. In politics the only thing that matters is the next election and the Tories are not going to do well up here.

I think if we did get 40+ SNP MP's - as is looking likely - it will actually be bad for the independence movement.

The whole ' not represented fairly ' argument doesn't really wash if you're in Westminster dictating policy.

Part of the reason I'm voting SNP :)